Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

Queue screen usually freezes up whenever I tab out an do anything, but its not doing it this time. Hopium

I do understand, but in the stretch of over 800 posts, not everyone here is mentioning the same issue (especially when comparing hardware). Itā€™s just to alert people of what devs posted about. Not sure why everyone is correcting me about the thread title lol

While it does run the game, the instruction set that Pentium processors use (built into the physical chip) is different from the minimum requirementā€™s abilities. Pentium processors fall below the quality of i3s.

And, like Iā€™ve said a few times here, it can run, but it could stop running at any time after a patch. They are only focused on making the game run on the hardware stated in the minimum requirements or better.

But I encourage you to make it run for as long as possible if you can. Save your cash :moneybag:

Apparently, this new maintenance didnā€™t fix the freezingā€¦ :frowning:

5 Likes

itā€™s not fixed ^^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

2 Likes

yeah the game still freeze while im in queue

1 Like

Me too. It got worst, it started freezing while I was playing and now it just got freeze in the queue

not fixed! (i love blizzard)

Might just take longer since they started worked on it not long ago.
Feels good they did at least.

my dxdiag

[(https://pastebin.com/p7MvkrBC)]

I have an i7-5500u and Iā€™m having this issue as well. Game freezes mid match. Sometimes after playing a couple of games, sometimes in the first game and even in the practice range. Iā€™m not getting a black screen tho. Whatever in the screen just gets frozen and stays like that until I kill overwatch from the task manager.

DxDiag (canā€™t use pastebin): https://hastebin.com/raw/sovatalama

Yeah thatā€™s the main issue with have. The tabbing out and being stuck on black screen is a seperate thing but hey maybe them fixing that will fix this for us

2 Likes

I just played a single game, no issues. Weā€™ll see. But yeah the the whole complete freeze lockup issue is clearly the main point of this thread idrg why were so all over the place

2 Likes

blizzard seem to think the issue is alt tabbing even though no one in this thread has mentioned thatā€¦ wouldnā€™t be surprised if thatā€™s what their priority of fixing was, despite it being clear that no one has this issue

5 Likes

The main issue is the freezing not the ā€˜alt + tab = black screenā€™ issue, that is just a byproduct of the main problem

5 Likes

Well, here is my DxDiag . I donā€™t think my pc is a problem since I played a solid 5 to 10 matches with ultra graphics and the game was running smoothly. The problem occured after those matches and since then it freezes even during training.

Update: a few players tried turning off Hyperthreading and it helps, but it will drop your in-game FPS. I personally havenā€™t tried it.

1 Like

Here is my DXDIAG: https://pastebin.com/WHzkmnFt

Does it meet the requirements?

Specs:
I3 7100 3.90 GHZ (2 CORES, 4 THREADS)
NVDIA GTX 1050 2GB
16 GB RAM

Seems the problem still isnt fixed. my game works fine but my friends doesnt so we cant play together which is annoying

1 Like

You have almost the same things as I do. I am no professional but in my opinion, they do meet the requirments. I donā€™t know if the CPU is the problem or not, but it will be funny having to change pc parts to be able to play a game.

Did your game always worked since beginning? If so, is there a way you could send us your dxdiag so we can see what we donā€™t have or whatā€™s happening? I simply donā€™t understand why it doesnā€™t work since it seems everyone could play OW 1.