Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

it’s the way this thread was started in october and there’s been precisely one confirmation of it being seen for me.

1 Like

Still no solution yet.

I’m still forced to use command line params to play the game

1 Like

I was having random crashes when i was like 5-20 minutes in game, the screen went black and the sound started looping until i forced restart. I tried everything i found on the internet (the command lines, reseating the ram, changing some video options, disabling discord, updated video/chipset drivers/bios/etc, tried windowed mode with borders [it worked for a while] etc…, i had windows 10 and i did a fresh windows 11 installation hoping it would fix it ) and nothing worked.

I had OW2 installed on the same drive where windows 11 is installed, i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it on a secondary drive (ssd) (fresh install, i redownloaded it) and the problem was solved.

(My specs: AMD Ryzen 5600x, RX 5700xt, asus rog strix b550-f gaming wifi, ssd m2 nvme wd black 1tb, ssd wd blue sata 512 gb [secondary drive]).

1 Like

Still waiting on a response/update from Blizzard about this on going issue that has multiple causes but no solid or reliable fix as the issue can’t not be replicate/possibly a race condition

After all this is a technical forum and one would expect a response back from the development or tech team for the sake of showing community support…

1 Like

I still leave the command enabled ever since. I have some frame drops, but at least the problem has not occurred again.

1 Like

recently the game received several micropatches that fix various bugs. Has this problem been fixed, has anyone checked?

Checked here, not fixed. Myself can play one match fine, second match in random moment just freeze forever. I’m still forced to use commandline params to make don’t crash (the old tank_MaxWorkerThread…)

Glad my suspicions of it not being fixed were right. I really just wanna play without the fps drops but can’t because it’ll probably crash without the line.

1 Like

15 day bump so no one forgets.

have they finally fixed it or not?

After long time, no fix yet…

1 Like

The core issue for this was resolved many months ago and that corresponds with the drop off in posts once that patch went live. This thread has only been remaining active because some of the same folks keep coming back to bump it.

At this point if you are still experiencing issues and your system meets all the requirements to play the game. You should put in a ticket to allow for more direct troubleshooting. (Click your name at the top of the page, click support, click contact support.)

1 Like