Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

I’ve been experienced random crashes since first beta. Game just freezes, you can still hear the sounds going on for infinite time. The only you can do is force shutting down the PC.

The only consclusion is that it makes a pettern. Once your pc gets frozen (can be a minute after launching the game or midmatch), you can play many matches after getting another freeze. The last time I played 80 (30 games another time) competitive game between crash. Same story over and over again.

SOMETIMES, game tries to crash but it only get a total fps drop for a second.

I’ve tried everything, disabling threads, minimum visual options, reinstalling game, reinstalling windows, launch ow2 in safe mode… NOTHING WORKS.

I remember OW1 optimization, it was just perfect. No crashes and no bad performance. 60 pure fps with my low end PC (G4560 - RX 460 - 8GB RAM).

Did you solve this problem? I really want to play but I can’t risk of leaving more competitive matches.

3 Likes

this is still an ongoing problem since the first beta, sadly the devs don’t care and would like to add more overpriced skins lol

8 Likes

A post to keep this alive because I would like to be able to play without the thread count line someday.

9 Likes

Are you guys just gonna ignore the freezing problem and not gonna fix it? such a BS

5 Likes

Def still need a fix for this. I don’t want to have to use the workaround forever and people with no clue will still just be unable to play since the fix is so hidden in the forums.

1 Like

For me the fps drops below 5 fps began occuring with this patch, what is this?

A rushed and unfinished product designed by a company that wants your money at all costs.

3 Likes

As we can see they keep ignoring us :joy::joy:

How blizzard hasnt fixed this problem yet.
It’s ridiculous that this problem hasnt been fixed for 2 months. We can’t play or just have fun because game always freezing. Its ridiculous. Good job blizzard. Maybe start working on game problems like this not on skins

2 Likes

UP!

We can’t let this thread die.

1 Like

UP
Twenty characters

up up up up up up up fix the game fps drop

1 Like

Up
twenty characters

What’s most ridiculous to me is that this has been an issue since the first beta. It’s been in the game for so long and they acknowledged the thread once then did what they did with Mercy mains and started ignoring.

Lads, if you want money you have to fix things.

1 Like

24.01.2023… The game is still freezing…I have no idea what blizzard employees are doing that they can’t solve such a problem

1 Like

Now forspoken have same situation of Overwatch 2, bad optimized game after launch and devs don’t care… Using too many excessive system resource for nothing. Like freezes about ridiculous extreme CPU usage.

Even people like me reporting since closed beta, they literally don’t care for this problem. Sooner in 2023 they will release PVE content with this huge problem in middle of game and they will keep ignoring untill when?

I’m forced to set game to run with only 2 CPU cores, the game cannot handle 4 cores but can 2 two? Don’t make any sense for me this.

1 Like

Bumping to keep this topic alive

I’m a bit astonished this is still going on, along with many players missing their cosmetics.

1 Like

UP

I’m gonna UP it again

ive having a similer problem game frezeing on start up and not being able to tab out after that.

specs and i5 10th gen
1050ti
tuf gaming b560M
and a 1tb ssd.

but my frend on some laptop isnt having any problems at all.

1 Like