Why only content creator can be a beta tester?

What happened? We used to have the PTR region where we could test bugs and report them, but now we don’t have it anymore. The “beta testers” who are selected don’t test most of the bugs, from what I’m seeing they only care about playing with the upcoming hero and pointing out flaws to nerf.

A very obvious example is the Workshop, with many bugs that were reported on the forum but were never fixed. These bugs were not listed as resolved in the season 4 changelog. It’s disrespectful to the players.

I asked someone who has access to it if you need to be affiliated with a streamer or a specific internal person for testing. So, does it mean that only a few people can test and give their opinion on whether it’s good or not, and the opinions of other players don’t matter?

1 Like

Easier to control what gets out via NDA, I imagine.

1 Like

But i’m not talking about leaks at all, i’m talking about like in PTR region, where hero was ready to deploy, and they do many tests before launch, to catch the major critical bugs that can happen.

control for the most part
also people who are good at the game and have a sense of urgency plus can find bugs better than random andy that plays for 5 minutes and never comes back

1 Like

Tell this for the huge amout of bugs present in custom game mode copy/paste, and the critical performance issues in workshop and the many problems in workshop editor.

Also the classic bug present since OW2 beta, random freezing and crashing. Still topic active without any solution

People with different hardwares have same issue, they didn’t invesgiated and didn’t get proper attention on this.

I’m still forced to use command line params to make OW2 playable

Basically consider them to be “third party marketing talent” that “have a mutual interest in the success of the game”.

they don’t test things anymore

1 Like

It is done for marketing not testing.

All the CCs had all their stuff ready at day one.

They do… Saw leaked stuff from Season 7 (map , battlepass, rewards)

Content creators bring revenue/money by promoting the game for free. Blizzard doesn’t have to hire professionals in order to promote their product. It makes sense but yeah its scummy. Ptr will never be a thing because most players never bothered with it and blizzard confirmed this years ago. The only people that actually cared about the PTR most of the time were content creators. they could just show people through their videos and everyone else would just move on.