Game crashing on PS4 CE-34878-0

Game crashes around 30-40 minutes into gameplay ever since the Busan map release. Getting crash report CE-34878-0, played other games and it seems to only happen on Overwatch. Any suggestions?

6 Likes

Here is the official support article from PlayStation for this system error code:

It’s happening to me too. PS4 Pro with system software 6.00. Ever since 9/11/18 when Overwatch 2.50 (Busan update) came out this started happening. Wish I had a solution for you but I have no idea what is causing this. I’ve sent at least 30 error reports in. I don’t even think I get 30 - 40 mins in before it crashes, it’s more like 15 - 20 mins and it crashes. Sometimes mid match and sometimes at the end right before potg. I noticed this morning the PS4 updated its firmware automatically and I was hoping that was Sony fixing this problem but nothing has changed. Hope they fix it soon, I miss playing.

1 Like

I have been looking more into this. If the steps in the article don’t work, does disabling auto-join for in game voice and turning it back on work?

I’m running PS4 Pro too. Yeah I had hoped the recent patch would have resolved things but it doesn’t seem to. I’ve read the Sony steps for this code but I’m reluctant to initialise the system again especially when it seems to only be happening with Overwatch

My auto join for voice is off by default so I don’t think that’s it. Same here Cookies. I don’t want to factory reset if it’s only happening on Overwatch. I’ve seen the same error code on the Twitch app too. The Xbox guys have it worse, it’s restarting the whole console on them. They may even be the same bug between consoles just each one handles the crash differently. I can’t imagine it’s happening to just to a few of us but this is the only thread I’ve found so far addressing and nothing on Reddit either. I have a PS4 non-Pro upstairs so I may try to see if Overwatch is failing there too or if it’s just the pros. Maybe there’s an HDR or Boost Mode bug or something that’s different between the two.

1 Like

Yeah that would be good to know if it happens on a normal PS4, then it might actually be a PS fault. Also an update, it crashes at the victory screen to every game.
Update ** turned off boost mode and crashed after 15 minutes of gameplay.

I have both types of PS4 as well and it crashes on both, with auto join for voice off. No idea honestly

If it’s crashing on both that’s kind of a relief, means there’s less chance of it being a Pro fault

Well I do encourage if all else fails, back up your saved data appropriately, and initialize the PS4 system. That will ensure any firmware issues with PS4 are eliminated.

I’m no having issue on the regular ps4 but my friend’s pro has been crashing even after reinstall. It’s a pain. :frowning:

1 Like

I genuinely think this is all to do with Busan, only game I’m having issues with. I’ve played Fortnite, Nier and GTA without any issues and each for about 2 hours straight.

1 Like

The problem is that not every PS4 player is having this issue, there may be a problem with the game, but it doesn’t affect every PS4 player (these forums would be flooded with posts if they are). That is why asking for an initialization of the PS4 can truly determine a problem exists with your PS4 system.

Stop talking logic :sob: Guess I know what I’ll be doing on Sunday

Unfortunately I did a full initialization and the error still showed up for me

The issue may be tied to Arcade Mode cause playing over an hour of quick play and no error. That or it was a server side issue

Nope looks like Arcade Mode is possibly causing the problem. Switched over to Arcade, specifically Mystery Heroes, after an hour plus on quick play and the game crashed with the error in apx 5 - 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Try doing this several times. A one-time instance is an indication that you might have identified the issue, but it would help if you can repeat this error.

Well just an update from my point, I played roughly 2 hours straight of QP yesterday and got no issues. Went into arcade, played about 20 minutes of Mystery Heroes and game crashed. Will try again tomorrow and see if it happens again.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update from your end. This may be a issue we can trend on. To anyone else, can you specify precisely which game mode you were playing (Deathmatch, Mystery Heroes, etc)?