From Plat to Silver

If you watch a lot of Twitch, you’ll quickly see that US 2100 is nothing like AU 2100. AU 2100 plays like US 3000 individual players, but with no teamwork whatsoever - and levels of abuse that are off the charts.

5 Likes

If you dropped 1000 SR in one night that’s your own damn fault lmfao. 99.9% of people will never do that.

2 Likes

You have absolutely no proof whatsoever that it isn’t happening. You have vague claims from Blizzard as one single entity in which they provide no actual proof whatsoever in how they are matching players - and yet millions of players report poor experiences like this. When you have millions of people reporting the same kind of negative outcomes against a single business unit with their interests at stake who provides no data, proof, or evidence in any way at all, I think we know which is the more likely reality.

3 Likes

This, my friend, is called a fallacy.

1 Like

amazing derank potential dude! can u provide my 25 diamond accounts to silver aswell ? pls! xD

3 Likes

Hahaha! MILLIONS!? Millions? Seriously? “Millions” of people, citing the exact same experience?

Look up “hyperbole”.
Now, look up “argument and populum”.
Now, look up “conspiracy”.

Good night.

2 Likes

So you believe the “millions” of players that are complaining that the matchmaker intentionally gives them “bad players” or “handicaps” them in some way?

The thing about role queue is you’re no longer being compared to Plat support mains trying to fill DPS in Plat, you’re being directly and strictly compared to other Plat DPS mains. Since you no longer have that negative skew working in your favor, it’s a lot harder to climb. (And yes, this holds true for all roles). So naturally, most people will fall when compared to pre-role queue.

Also, if we’re being honest, if you need a pocket Mercy to carry games out of silver, you’re probably not as good of a Pharah as you think.

2 Likes

If that’s the case then explain how people climb to gm? Or do you have some kind of conspiracy theory about that too?

1 Like

You are hiding your SR. If you are going to claim to carry and claim that your team is holding you back then at least make your profile public so that people can take the complaint more seriously.

If you are working with your team comp then maybe your losses are your team, but honestly, I find it hard to believe that the system works against anyone. It simply makes the most fair match it can find. Also if you dropped 400 SR then you should be so far above everyone else in the lobby that it’s impossible to lose.

Even if you were playing against a six stack, if your stats are as good as you claim then you wrecked them pretty thoroughly. It simply isn’t possible to consistently lose games where you did so much work.

Did you ask for pockets?

Exactly. The most I did was play for 6 hours straight and i only managed to go from 2500 to 2200. I lost all of the games. Stop lying, op

Yeah, I’m a Rein main 2700 sr for 3 seasons, 30 hours total on rein, this role queue comes around and im placed in low gold. Because there are always two tanks on your team no matter what and a Reaper on the enemy.
Yesterday within 2 games i lost 130sr. 2 games. wtf is this. I left overwatch because of my crappy computer, now im about to leave it for its crappy gameplay.

1 Like

i dont understand what the infatuation behind your rank is. Sure you get big e-peen points for being above masters or whatever, but realistically if your below diamond you have literally nothing to gain, stand on, show for anything at all.

You should focus on not caring about your rank no matter what it is, because ultimately its a complete and utter waste.

1 Like

Quarters takes such offense that people don’t trust how teams are created.

Yet Blizzard has never said anything about how teams are created. Matches, vaguely. Teams, nothing.

So… how DO they create teams?

That’s what we’re saying is NOT RANDOM. They want fair matches, so they most likely balance the teams somehow. How?

Probably the way a lot of us have seen every single day for four years. By sticking smurfs vs. smurfs. Or good players with a thrower. Meaning if you’re hot you get canceled out. If you suck, you get better teammates.

Probably why my healer duo partner NEVER gets out healed. Not in three years. Because if they stuck another good healer on our team, then it wouldn’t be fair.

When we made new accounts… wow. She gets silver healing sometimes and we’re winning all the time. Well, winning all the time doesn’t make for fair matches. Gotta sandbag us with a thrower 2nd heals every single game. Like the Lucio jumping off the map we had tonight. Game still was close over time game though! How? Because that guy sucks, yet the match is still even. Congrats Blizz, you forced an even match. By giving us a thrower.

That’s how it works, i have no doubt.

7 Likes

yeah not how it works, if you suck you won’t get easier gold games when you’re in gold, they’re actually harder because everyone else sucks less

It’s true. Whenever I start getting bad team mates, I just play like a potato for a few games to nuke my MMR so I can get competent teams again. Works like a charm.

3 Likes

It’s about the quality of the matches not the bigger SR number, been mostly high plat - low diamond since season 1 (on all roles I’d bounce 2800 - 3200 mostly). But now in role queue I’m generally more around high gold low plat on all roles but mostly playing tanks now and the difference in match quality is night and day.

3 golds 1 silver most games?

• Private profile
    Been to plat for many seasons?
  • Lvl 39

Yeah sure.

1 Like

You realize that your stats are visible on Overbuff right? And that you’re objectively bad in competitive. Like the stuff of nightmares bad for your teammates.