For Jeff, please consider 7v7

There are a lot of things in overwatch that dont have stats for them. If I do the chro flank on eichenwalde on attack and rotate on them from behind and have 2 of their heroes chase me in the process but still die it appears that I am feeding.
However for my tanks it created a bunch of space along with a 5-4 number advantage which happened today and got us the point. My KDR on that push is 0-1 so statistically speaking on that team fight I was garbage but the value I brought was invaluable.

You dont know how many times I have stealthed onto the point as sombra and had them commit half their team just for me to go back rejoin the team after creating a big numbers advantage. People have to understand that in overwatch the final numbers dont tell the whole story.

That is unless it’s like a total 30-3 KDR curbstomping 2-0 KOTH game. Those games are just lopsided games where everything pretty much went wrong for the losing team.

Please for the love of God, no. There’s already so much clutter and ult nonsense with 6v6. I’d rather we sacrifice one tank to have 5v5 for OW2 than having 7v7, especially if we’re going to have Tanks get more offensive power in the sequel.

It sounds fun, but it may be impossible for many reasons. Though it’s somewhat obvious that you want there to be more room for DPS to alleviate queue times. Instead of actual gameplay improvements. Anyway…

1. 14 characters on 1 map is a lot. Especially when it comes to the smaller parts of a map.

2. Balance becomes increasingly more difficult as team sizes increase.

3. The more people in a match, the more Internet/Latency/etc based things need to be taken into account. Random DCs and all.

4. More intense action means more strain on CPU/GFX/Hardware. For PvP based games, accessibility is far more important than jamming 100 people into a single map.

5. More effects flying around makes it harder to focus or even see what’s going on (AKA: chaos going from fun to dreadful real quickly).

I dont think a 7v7 game would hinder fps all that much. I think the real problem would be the speed of the game. As it is right now people are getting insta deleted at times. Add a 3rd dps and just forget about it. Extra visual clutter would also be a problem.

This format change would obviously come with balance changes and suitable tank buffs.

I really rarely see anyone complain about visual clutter in the game.

I just don’t think that 2-3-2 would be worth it though because for that allot of heroes would need changes
overwatch is built for 6v6 and adding that third dps just makes it so allot of heroes would need changes and reworked then allot of tanks would need buffs for damage absorbtion AND supports would probably need survivability buffs since genji and tracer and doom and ball monkey or dva can be on them all at once

Or we could simply embrace a quicker pacing of teamfights.
If youre in a really long ongoing game, then losing hurts alot. But when you kinda got quickly out of the game and then into a new one, it wouldnt hurt as much.

so you want the game to become more oriented towards dps getting a pick rolling a fight and having the games become: who has better dps players?
Let’s say in theory ow2 comes out tanks are brawlers ok? they probably have less peal so supports have less protection
tanks go do their thing they brawl eachother dps do their thing flank and supports keep their team up
supports get attacked by dps tanks can’t do much about it since their on the frontline brawling
dps pick off supports boom fight won gg. that doesn’t seem fun for a support player and tanks would throw protecting supports

If tank and support are more to play. More people will play those roles.

so would 1-2-2. Being able to spread a thin tank base across more games creates more slots for dps.

what synergy. Ranked games are just lobbies of players arguing with each other about what heroes should be played.

OP, I’m sure you’re a nice dude. But adding more players to each team will make things feel so bloated. moving in a direction of less players on each side creates an opportunity for smoother more up-tempo play. And better yet, it creates better odds that one of your teammates won’t be a stubborn insufferable troll.

1-2-2 sounds great to me.

1. It sounds alot, but bottomline its actually only 1 player more on the enemy team you need to pay attention to.
  2. Oh i kinda disagree here. The more options you have, the more space you have for more uncoventional picks you have. The meta is less stale as every pick has less overall impact. Instead of 1/6, the dps makes only for 1/7 of the teams value. I’d argue it becomes easier to balance. You could even make tanks OP out of necessity to deal with the incoming damage and make tanks more fun to play that way.
  3. Yeah performance is a concern, but i dont think nothing impossible to overcome with proper optimisation.
  4. Yes, but i assume over time that people have upgraded their hardware. You cant expect to run every new released game on the same toaster you played for a decade on.
  5. I admit this is a legit concern, which would need testing. But its kind of up in the air how bad it is, or if it is bad at all. As of now, i dont see any complains of visual clutter in 6v6. 7v7 would just be 2 players more in the game and you focus only on the 1 on the enemy team.

Not sure where you got the idea i want to make this about who has the better dps. Quite the contrary, by adding another dps, the overall value of any one dps playe decreases as you only make up for 1/7 of the team instead of 1/6.
Supports wont have fun in OW2 either way as they are reliant on tank protection and blizzard doesnt want tanks to have to do that anymore. Thats less the fault of a potential triple dps comp and more so that main tanks would be dead. Which is also part of the reason i dont like the direction they are going by reworking them all into brawlers, but thats another topic for another day.

I stated my issues with 5v5 in my entry post. But to add to that, gaving an a troll or leaver on your team is actually worse in a 5v5 setting, since any one player is more valueable as they make up for 1/5 of the team rather than only 1/6 or even 1/7.

7v7 sounds like fun.

If they can balance out the tanks for OW2, I’m down for this change.

1 Like

Not saying you’re wrong, I think a lot of the time they’re spending to “perfect” OW2 is being spent on Balancing and hero changes. So if they did implement 5v5 then it’s something that’s probably already in the works. Also, even if 7v7 were to happen, it’d be better to nerf dps since there’s now three of them. Then balance things around that.

Yeah i dont think people would play 12v12 competitively lmao. It would mostly be for casual context and im all for it.

1 Like

You must not go outside of the forums much. It was especially a problem back in the double shield meta and with Orisa’s new buff among other things, it’s looking like it’ll come right back.

Shows that you’re very OW-centered tbh.

Most of my friends didn’t give it a chance because it’s sensatory overload.

forget 2-8-2, come on 0-18-0!

1 Like

I like the idea of 7v7 because it allows for each role to have a partner like they do now, but also helps to manage, “BarrierWatch” that so many people were upset about. Personally, I think that it feels terrible to be the only player of a certain role on the team because all of the pressure is on you. I just feel like 7v7 is the best way to allow everyone to still feel powerful without them being oppressive, and it would also eliminate the need for any hard reworks. Keeping the two tanks would also provide the tank roster with the ability to be brawlers, guardians, or a mixture of sorts any of which the players prefer.

I wish that people would look at this as a real possibility instead of pitching 35vs35 and such. I really do think that the idea would work and leave everyone feeling effective, while lowering the queue time for each role.

I am all for the Reinhardt changes as long as he can still protect his team when necessary!

1 Like