Flats take on why rien buff is bad and why no buff to rien will dethrone the current meta

Your hate obsession for double shield when it isnt even meta is hilarious to watch, really.

The funny thing is that your alleged ‘‘1 barrier comps cant keep up’’ whole idea is completely false when the meta rn is literally 1 barrier everywhere.

Pretty much this.

2 Likes

Even if it’s only something that affects Top500, devs would be crazy to think they’d want to go into OW2 and the leadup to Overwatch 2 with a meta that Pros and Streamers hate.

They need that positive marketing. And a few butthurt Brig players can’t even begin to hold a candle to how important it is not to screw up their marketing.

Besides which, there are plenty of ways they could redesign Brig to have 300% her current pickrate in Gold/Plat, but be offmeta in GM/Pro.

1 Like

and how would you do that?

Mostly make her really durable, selfsufficient, with some extra damage. But reduce her Peeling down to almost nothing.

On the off chance someone can’t go to Youtube at work or something, here’s the video embed:

1 Like

And yet low SR support players still complained about it nonstop and even TODAY complain about divers and being “helpless as support !!”

That’s partially because 4sec DM + Winston holding LeftClick was really stupidly easy.

1 Like

And yet Winston was the least picked tank in lower ranks

Also I don’t think Zen has ever been picked much in lower ranks and he was the crux of dive and Monkey being strong. Even now that he’s borderline overtuned he’s not being played in low ranks

1 Like

Fair I guess, mostly probably was just healers getting traumatised by Tracer smurfs.

I wish they would have just nerfed Tracer

Well, can’t rewind 3 years of history.

If anything, they need Dive to be meta now, but only slightly better than AnchorTank+PeelTank.

1 Like

Ok I watched the entire video, OP, and I agree with everything he said

Things probably won’t change until Sigma and Brig are either heavily nerfed or reworked entirely, Bap IF is changed, and Zen might even need discord reverted now that shields have been tuned down so far

Hoping that the upcoming PTR has hero reworks on it to Brig/Sigma/etc. and then we get some more changes to Bap and potential Orisa buffs

1 Like

Dive IS meta now, aside Sigma.

Ball, Tracer/Echo/Widow/Ashe, Zen/Mercy/Bap.

? D.va and Winston are the least picked tanks

This isn’t dive. Ball Sigma isn’t dive

This is spread out high damage independent comp similar to when Chengdu ran quad DPS Hammond Mercy against GOATs

Also super spammy with ranged poke

Also Mcree Tracer Ashe Widow are the most picked DPS

1 Like

As a Brig player…I really do hope it’s this. I definitely think this would be an “exciting PTR” because it could drastically change the game and change what’s playable and maybe make the game healthier.

But the very pessimistic part of me doesn’t think it’s going to be anything like this. And these characters won’t see proper changes/reworks for months

1 Like

I really hope ;-; It’d make me so happy for the new year to start off on a super good note

1 Like

Me toooo! and yeah it would. I know they’re super busy with OW2. I understand that. But I genuinely believe that right now…doing something drastic to these characters would be in their best interest for the game in the long run. I don’t want them to make the mistake of leaving it for too long.

1 Like

Brigitte is one of the best heroes in this game. Sooner delete Genji/Tracer so they can’t whine about Brigitte than remove her.

2 Likes

It’s funny that if you watch the Developer Update introducing Brig. Jeff literally talks about Brig countering Tracer/Genji specifically. I wasn’t around at this time…they must have gotten to a point where they were awful to keep playing against.

They were, dive for supports was easily the least fun this game has ever been.

3 Likes