Flats take on why rien buff is bad and why no buff to rien will dethrone the current meta

My thoughts exactly. I feel like, at the moment, it’s a little too easy for flankers to outright ignore her presence because she dies so quickly in most scenarios.

Without a very specific comp and OWL-levelled teamwork of course.

Oh its you :roll_eyes:

I’ll leave you to your echo chamber.

3 Likes

They want the heroes they already spent hundreds of hours to master to remain on the top.

3 Likes

If Lucio had an over stacked kit, he wouldn’t currently be the worst support in the game, unlike brig who got 22 nerfs yet still sees regular play on contenders.

1 Like

I mean…who cares about contenders, to be fair?

I guarantee most of us forum-goers will never hit Contenders.

I mean, the game is balanced around them. I was also just refuting an argument that someone made that Lucio has a bloated kit

1 Like

They want the game to be enjoyable to play and to watch, so their suggestions are more likely to be made in good faith towards the game.

Though it is clear that you don’t think they do, because your perception of is enjoyable is different from their’s and their view goes against your view, so naturally you make some conspiracy theory to try and discredit their views in hope that what you enjoy is kept safe, even if others do not share the same feelings.

So with that, one could also say that you have personal motives.

1 Like

Eh fair.

That’s the issue with a lot of bitterness though. The game is balanced around a state of teamwork that is almost impossible to hit in every bracket of the ladder for most people.

I happy with contenders because even without changes to orisa/sigma they have been moving away from double barrier to sigma/ball or sigma/hog.

They have found a way to play without double barriers or even more crazy nerfs to tanks.

Thats a very big assumption with literally zero proof.

You know what we DO know? That they get paid for winning.

Its not a ~conspiracy theory~ its literally just money.

3 Likes

Or… Brig is picked because she is the only Tracer resistant support, while also being able to walk around without being instantly oneshotted by Widow.

1 Like

That isn’t why brig is played(current version of brig makes tracer stronger) tracer isn’t even played that much in contenders. It’s usually echo + mccree/widow.

Every streamer ever

I guess it’s understandable but she’s not bad IMO
She’s just balanced poorly

1 Like

Sorry even Jeff Kaplan knows the Brig hate is Over exaggerated

Yes, its what Jeff called “Forum Brig”, a fantasy version of brig that was not in the game but only existed online. That could “1v1 anyone” or “take on whole teams”.

Another quote from Jeff on why Brig is hated:

“At the time Brigitte was introduced, Genji was the second most played hero and a lot of Brigitte’s design was designed to provide a much-needed counter to Genji and Tracer. So we had the second most played hero get a counter and it doesn’t surprise me that there are a lot of people who don’t like being countered”

9 Likes

More like Dive, is a better option than DoubleBarrier, Wannabe GOATs, or NoBarrier.

It’s not even that. The existence of any strong Peel option outside of NotAnchorOffTanks, enables DoubleBarrier.

So it’s less of a balance thing, but more of the entire concept of “A healer with strong peeling” is problematic.

Brig doesn’t need balancing. She needs to either lose her Peeling, or become an OffTank.

6 Likes

No they don’t (outside of professional player and even then I would bet they wa t to enjoy the game when they play it).

Content creators get paid for making content, not winning.

You have very little explanation as to how money affects content creators and how it benefits your stance. A stance this is, as I mentioned, most likely fueled by personal bias

1 Like

Double barrier is because 2 shields and bap
We can see brig reverts didn’t do anything and the comp was dead until bap saved it, I don’t think it’s dominant but brig works with it, it has the protection for her to activate inspire and repair pack is just poorly balanced, pocket heals that killed her armor identity

Or just lose her heals instead and keep the peeling?
Original concept of brig

2 Likes

I mean, then she’d be moved to the Tank role with that.

2 Likes

Can we stop blaming brig for everything? She’s still not meta for god’s sake.

Meta is Sigma/Ball yet again because those tanks are the sturdiest tanks in the game by far, require less healing and can work independently, while having insane kits. Also I keep hearing something about Sigma and Ball being fun.

Meanwhile Rein is there with 60% winrate now. He got buffed so hard and people are still complaining how bad he is. Rein/Zarya/Lucio all have 60% to 57% winrates right now, if these characters are supposedly bad, then I sure don’t want to see a really bad character.

3 Likes

The problem with DoubleBarrier is that it’s functionally invincible at medium range against SingleBarrier.

And Peel heroes outside the Tank role and SelfPeeling anchortanks, prevent it from having a close range weakness.

2 Likes