Fix doom bugs day 71

The 2 forum posts show doom bugs that need to be fixed
and below are videos that prove these

Although he is playable it is painful for example punching a tracer at max charge and they just slide

6 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Not a bug just bad geometry. Still dumb tho

1 Like

The easiest fix to the doom bugs would be to remove the hero.

Everyone wins.

2 Likes

If by everyone you mean the players below high diamond then yeh sure everyone wins

5 Likes

Doomfist has no bugs.

Doomfist isn’t a noob stomper. Bad dooms are hilariously easy to outplay.

Easy for you who isn’t a noob…

Easy to outplay if u understand him. A lot of people dont

What do you mean?

I understand him. Bad dooms are easy to outplay, good dooms aren’t. That will always be the case, that’s not the part I have a problem with about dooms kit.

so youre calling flat walls bad geometry?

The noobs getting stomped are the ones who aren’t countering him.

I mean there’s a certain angle where it shifts from being impact to bounce. That’s intended if that’s what ur angry about

I mean, you can still stun a good Doom, why do you think roughly 75% of McCree haters are Doom mains? And I assume quite a few of those players are good. But you know, McPublicIndecency gets them every time.

yes mhmm certain angles of FLAT WALLS

Listen admittedly doom IS buggy, but yall gotta stop with this. “This post shows doom bugs” that post is almost 3 years old. That is absolutely not up to date.

Aight so here’s a basic lesson in geometry. These flat walls are 180 degree lines. Doomfist punch does impact damage within I’m pretty sure 90 degrees such that if you went 45 degrees left or right, the target won’t bounce. However, there’s an additional 45 on each side where the target will slide. If you punch them at anything less than a 45 degree angle on either side, the target will slide.

There have been very few patches where doom has gotten gameplay-impacting bug fixes. Before 2 fixes a couple months ago, it was a highlight intro bug fix. Before that it was another 1-2 fixes. Out of a list of over 40. With multiple months between each one.

Doom itself doesnt have much bugs though. The issue is the map geometry and the tracing it does when you hit an enemy.
Sometimes you die “slammed” to something that happens to be the corner of a card board box on a corner that slightly grazed your left heel, and sometimes you smash a dude against a wall and he slides like its nothing.

Yes its just that bad.
But in BOTH directions.
Sometimes you get slam kills you shouldnt and vice versa.

Thats just how it is and I dont think they are going to rework maps at this point so GG.