Fix arcade or delete it

Here is a question if you hate arcade why play it

weeklies

that and it’s pretty much like an addiction of masochism

I agree that it should be deleted. Such a waste of space.

When Blizz deletes arcade mode in the upcoming patch I will remember that it was Shadow426 that caused it.

But what does that say about them if I asked to fix it or delete it, if they won’t fix it it’s still their fault

I say rework it. Deathmatch is broken with unbalance maps and broken heroes like tracer and genji.

While I don’t agree with the tone of the OPs message, I do agree there can be made significant improvements in Arcade. It is seemingly at least a decently popular mode for players to play, so why not make QoL improvements to the mode?

• Don’t backfill directly into a ‘Defeat’ screen
  • Add a slight balance to Mystery heroes. Having a fun fight with all kinds of heroes only to face 3 Orisas, a Zarya and 2 healers vs all DPS at the end, ruins the match. Maybe no duplicate heroes on a team or something (got ‘No limits’-mode for that)?
  • Stop allowing players to spawn on top of enemies in FFA
  • Bring back ‘All Brawls’ mode for more variety (Arcade modes are getting stale as hell by now)
  • Rotate holiday modes into Arcade for a week every few weeks, even outside of the event itself. It’s not like they’re anything new nor will there apparently be anything new in the coming event modes anyway besides some lackluster skins.
  • Better matchmaking. I’ve faced everything from bronze players to T500 in arcade modes. Neither facerolling nor being facerolled is fun. Matchmaking doesn’t have to be as tight as in comp, but at least a semblance of an even playing ground would be nice.
2 Likes

He’s talking about the horrible matchmaking of Arcade. If I search for a game (i’m in masters) the arcade matchmaking always pairs me with 2-3 golds against a team of a couple diamonds and mid-high platinum.

It sucks. If feels like the matchmaking is actively ruining your games. I can’t carry two golds in mystery heroes… Arcade is proof of how broken the matchmaking is.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback

Matchmaking in arcade doesn’t matter in game modes like mystery heroes and total mayhem. People can never get the heroes they play well in that mode and be less great. While going to a defeat screen is annoying, it doesn’t effect your record and you get free xp. It doesn’t happen often enough to be a problem.

Also stop trying to balance mystery heroes. It’s meant to be an unbalanced game mode.

3 Likes

While you have a point on mystery heroes it still doesn’t explain the other issues (or heck why is mystery heroes the only mode that never changes) I only go to it as a last resort.

It kinda does though. How do gold players with terrible game sense match up against diamonds? The answer is they don’t. Whats’ the point of skill tiers if they mix and match constantly outside of competitive?

1 Like

Mystery heroes doesn’t change as often because when Blizz did a poll asking the forums their favorite arcade mode, MH was by far the winner. So it stays in even though I prefer more balanced game modes like CTF and 3v3. People treat arcade mode casually so ofc the most casual modes are going to be popular.

Your going to have to link that because I never saw it and the fact they actually had to make “nerfs” for lack of a better word to mystery heroes it really doesn’t match what you say.

Not all gold players have terrible game sense. Again even if someone is diamond in MH, he may never get the heroes that got him to that point. And the gold players may get their best. Again MH is an unbalanced crapshoot but not because of the players but because it’s literally rng hero selection. I don’t like the mode. But I wouldn’t waste time balancing it.

Here you go

Okay this argument is seriously stupid, your right but that don’t mean they can kill that diamond widow across the map in one shot without getting blitzed by the enemy team

First not all diamond widows are good. Secondly, if the diamond never gets widow or a dps (and they’re a dps main) they become less effective. Again mystery heroes is meant to be a crap shoot; which is why it’s ok for it to feature people of different SRs.

Yes they do. Mystery heroes is probably the best mode to evaluate a players game knowledge and flexibility. You don’t need to know how to play every hero or get your main to win a game of MH. You just need to understand OW on a fundamental level.

This is why matchmaking should be better balanced. I can’t win games against diamond/platinum teams with two golds on my team running around like toddlers that need to wear helmets all day…

Matchmaking does matter. In any mode. If you take a bronze player and give him a hero he doesn’t know how to play and compare it to a GM with a hero he barely plays, it’s still a massive difference. Players should never face players several ranks above them, regardless of the mode.

As for the defeat screens… You said it yourself; it’s annoying. Why in the bloody hell would you leave something annoying in a mode that is supposed to be for fun? Just don’t backfill matches players into matches that a already over. Also, 400 xp… lol… Like that matters even a tiny bit.

And Mystery Heroes might be an unbalanced mode, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a dumb mode to play. It’s one of the reasons you see players leave time after time, because it’s pointless to continue a match you cannot win. Right now, Mystery Heroes can either be great fun, because both teams get weird comps or a completely one-sided mess of a game, because one side gets a stomp comp.

Once again, the modes are meant to be for fun. Neither roflstomping the enemy or getting stomped because of RNG is fun. Sure Mysery heroes is inherently unbalanced, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take out the parts which can and will ruin entire matches. Having fought all the way through Rialto in a fun and random as hell match, only to find the enemy with 3 Orisas camping the payload at the end… GG kthxbye.

As for the poll… That just gives us the information that it’s the most liked mode by the people on the forums. I don’t see anything there that prevents them from improving upon it to make it even better.

2 Likes