Fitzy "Sombra feels pretty bad right now"

One of the best Sombra players struggles to make her work. Not sure how blizzard expects anyone to use her sufficently then.

121 Likes

Blizz have hardly made a secret of the fact a significant part of the development team hate her and think she was a mistake.

She’s not meant to be used. They never really wanted a stealth hero, it’s just something they felt they should have.

27 Likes

If you look at the comments, the voice actor of Sombra was even sad to read this :frowning:

93 Likes

Do you know if he elaborated on why anywhere?

2 Likes

Not a surprise, She is a DPS Enabler, the only of the kind so yeah … in a 222 its basically like having only 1 true Finisher (the only other DPS). You need an ULTRA AGGRESSIVE team to make her work and of course you have to play her ultra aggressive too.

She is strong, borderline overpowered/oppressive in Triple DPS but underwhelming in 222.

10 Likes

They really don’t hate her, but sombra’s kit is hard to balance without making her oppressive, not overpowered but oppressive. Danteh’s response to fitzy illustrates this.

That said, she really does feel horrible to play rn. You can’t farm emp to battle the shields because… well, because of shields and the overall nerf to the emp charge rate. Moira has always been a perfect support counter to sombra because she can terminate hacks really easily. Sombra is suffering because most of her kit is ineffective in this meta and the solution isn’t to buff sombra it’s to make changes to the meta.

3 Likes

Dantehs response only establishes that the pros are a bunch of whiners. Of course she can be balanced. They dont want her viable.

52 Likes

Danteh used to main her… he’s still one of the most prominent sombra players in the league. You need to step away from your biases and understand why sombra is hard to balance if you want to keep her current kit as is. And I REALLY want her to be the same character she is now, even if it means she’s UP

7 Likes

Well they can acknowledge brig as a large mistake because of causes the playerbase to drastically fall as well as brought on the worst metas in history and reduced pro play to mind numbing boring play.

Dantehs plays her for his team, doesnt mean he liked playing her.

13 Likes

She’s never been good for ladder play, this isn’t a meta issue.

Shortly after she was released Jeff talked about how controversial a design she was within the development team. She didn’t come from a place of “this hero would be cool”, she came from a feeling that a stealth hero was kind of a necessity for the genre of game; but they were determined she was never going to be an assassin. So she’s never had the damage for securing kills.

She’s intended to disrupt and offer utility. But that remains unpopular with the design team too, unsurprisingly because look how unpopular she is with players.

She’s stuck between a rock and a hard place. And that’s why she’ll never be good on ladder, and now we have 2-2-2, will struggle even in pro play.

She can’t deal with shields, she can’t deal with spread play, she can’t burst targets down in dive. She can’t have a third DPS fill in for her damage, while her utility can’t cover for dropping a tank.

She needs substantial buffs or changes if she’s ever going to be relevant again. And I’m not convinced anyone at Blizzard even wants that.

5 Likes

He also said she was nerfed when she was buffed. So idk. Not really too concerned about his opinion. I would rather check out the Overbuff stats.

Which have been a fairly resounding tail of how much she’s sucked for ladder play from the day she was released.

There is absolutely nothing in the new 2-2-2 and release of Sigma, that since her nerfs, even remotely help her.

And she’s no longer used in OWL. Where the latest round of nerfs have no yet hit.

https://www.omnicmeta.com/owl/meta/?m=1

2 Likes

She WAS nerfed when they called it a buff. Overbuff stats prove this. Thats why blizzard was planning on buffing her. Until they reworked the support category which caused a meta shift which made her better in the pro scene and contenders started using her. Had virtually no impact on ladder play, but pros stopped her being buffed once again.

before he was in owl he literally 2 tricked her and genji… Just because he thinks she needed a nerf doesn’t mean he hates her, that’s such a childlike mentality. I think she needed the nerfs as well lol. She really needed some sort of counterplay that wasn’t based on hiding.

We knew that since they got blizzard to hotfix in those nerfs for her in march last year

12 Likes

Its called communication

I can’t heal through stupid ~WildPants

1 Like

Someone who doesnt acknowledge that a hero can be balanced and is either OP or sucking and is celebrating the nerfs, means he prefers her sucking.

11 Likes

I do not really believe she is better. I am just skeptical to trust someone who cannot remain objective. I am more interested in how the numbers changed rather than “feels bad man.” :sleepy:

She’s not used in OWL anymore.

They don’t have the latest nerfs either. She was only ever used as a counter to Goats.

12 Likes