Once shield meta is over

Nerf’ing sombra excessively with 0 understanding of game mechanics or the balance checks she has in place is the problem that caused the meta you are QQ’ing about.

But your answer is to nerf 1/2 the roster instead of buffing the one character who can place that meta in check and every other oppressive hero you refuse to acknowledge that we’ve been warning you about since day one.

Guess what, Welcome to 2-2-2 where Sombra is not being played and your inability to see where the problem actually is.

No he his right shields (and healing ) are why we got that meta

And the fix is a character designed to counter shields. I wonder who that could be?

It’s not Doomfist, he’s a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

People with 0 idea of how to balance the game without nerfing 1/2 the roster.

Nerf’ing 1/2 the roster isn’t the answer here. It’s only the answer to people who can’t see beyond what is in front of them… “As the OP likes to say.”

Except that is the solution really

We have too much healing that forced a powercreep in dmg.

You need to nerf both to still have relevant supps and dps without a role dominating the other.

And most tanks should not have similar or higher dmg that most dpses with more utility (hello zarya,sigma and orisa)

And discord is just plain op making a global 30% dmg boost i think for 6 people

So your solution is to… Nerf healing and damage?

Hi, This is earth have we met?

There’s this issue right now called Shield meta in case you missed it.

Again,

The solution is not to nerf 1/2 the roster. That will cause unforeseen balance issues.

it’s the dumbest solution anyone can make at this point, and with the most unpredictable outcome.

Again,

Try looking beyond what’s in front of you.

Is it easier to balance 1/2 the roster through nerfs, or balance one character through a buff that counters the meta, and the oppressive power creep?

If you don’t know the answer to that, then you should just uninstall, because nothing you have to say beyond this point matters anymore and people will learn what the real issue is with balance in this game.

First of all you need to relax. I literally said nothing about Sombra in my post. I’ve seen your posts/replies history and you are literally going into people’s posts insulting/harrassing everyone because Sombra got that small nerf while nobody mentioned a single letter of Sombra’s name. And a friendly reminder, we, the ‘jackholes’ have no access to the Balancing Team’s office, nor Devs are our buddies to pick up the phone, call them and ask for balance changes.

General

• Global ultimate cost increased 12%.

Developer Comment: Considering how high impact they are, ultimates are coming up too often. We are reducing how quickly they charge so fewer fights will be determined by ultimate usage.

Everyone’s ultimate charge got nerfed from the most impactful ults in the game to the least impactful ults. And i don’t see other people complaining about the ult charge nerf across the globe, no matter what their main hero is.

On top of that, Sombra got buffed on the PTR. When she hacks Sigma, she automatically destroys his shield.

Oh man, ignore Kurfurst, he’s/she’s the most toxic human being I’ve encountered on this forum. No point in arguing with him/her, he/she claims that he’s/she’s a 450 hour one trick Sombra and still doesn’t see major problems in the hero and attacks anyone who dare mention Sombra in a bad way.

I’d suggest you ignore him/her and reply to other people because you will fight a long long battle.

1 Like

Unfortunately from what i’ve seen, that is correct.
I won’t bother. I just left my replies there. Have nothing more to add.

I could tell right away that he/she had tunnel vision on Sombra. He/she doesn’t actually care about balance at all, they only care that their main, Sombra, is strong.

This is opening another can of worms, but it’s reminiscent of the “Mercy Era” of this forum. They didn’t care about balance and had absolutely no regard for anyone else’s topics. One particular user, and occasionally some others, would hijack threads to make them about Mercy any way they could.

This guy is no different, but it’s Sombra instead. Self centered solipsistic narcissist who only cares about their position.

This translates to
“and if you disagree with me, you’re wrong anyways and should uninstall, because that’s a go-to insult I use for people I disagree with”

2 Likes

1 Like

Dude what the heck man. Where is the popcorn?!

1 Like

My bad!

3 Likes

The nerfs did not make her a bad hero. The nerfs however did make her more clunky. Being clunky is the last thing you want when playing a hero all about timing.

Even some pros say she feels kind of wrong to play at the moment.

1 Like

Sir, i’m all about fixing heroes bugs and general stuff that make these Heroes feel clunky and their kits not feeling fluid or not functioning properly!

1 Like

And I’m sure this is true, but attributing that to the whole meta is a huge stretch.

Fitzy isnt a pro player, However he has been consistently in top 500 as a Sombra main.

Yea my mistake, by “pro” I meant “really good”. Though I personally think he is a very good Sombra player.

ngl, u seem like one of those people who thought tanks were the reason why goats was a problem. when in reality it was healing and brig.

if u nerf orisa, what then? doom will still dominate like he has the past year. (he was good in metas that straight up countered him). this meta just highlights his problems and gets people to see it more. sigma will still be a problem winning team fights. double barrier will still be a thing. her barrier was already nerfed. if u nerf it more, then u cant even play her in general with other heroes and she becomes double shield dependent.
stop trying to balance around double shield and balance towards character fairness. sigma is the cause of this meta also lucio is too. sigma is too safe while doing too much damage while lucio isn’t fast enough anymore.

Yall will do anything to safeguard Doomfist from the obvious nerfs that are coming his way huh?

Doomfist, Widow, and Hanzo are all problematic. The problem isn’t double barrier, it’s heroes who have a wildly disproportionate amount of influence over the game’s outcome compared to other heroes. When you have one character who can jump in and wreck an entire team, that character’s a problem.

Doomfist isn’t a character that can be fixed by having a viable counter, especially when it takes that counter to babysit his entire team to be effective. Doing this gives up a spot on the team for a character that is only sometimes useful just to compensate for an enemy playing a hero that is always useful. That’s a terrible trade, and the alternative is to build an entire team around beating this one character… Which is also a terrible trade.

This problem existed before, when Genji’s ult required both Lucio and Zenyatta’s combined ults to counter him. Only this time it’s far worse, because Doomfist doesn’t need to wait for his ultimate to be able to dominate the match, and Zenyatta doesn’t protect against instant death or CC.