First new hero in EIGHT MONTHS and she's already banned for a week?!?

I like the hero bans. Forces people to play more than one hero. That or just give up playing altogether, as you mentioned.

This thread is about Echo being banned in the first two weeks being a bad thing. You’re arguing in favor of the selfish players, and you don’t seem to see the issue in doing so.

Again, you are lucky Echo wasn’t banned to begin with and should be happy you got to play her in comp at all.

1 Like

I thought it was more about the hero bans…

I am not sure what difference that makes. They cited the precedent themselves. That is how it will be from now on unless people complain en masse. I am not seeing that. You know what I am seeing? People against hero pools.

1 Like

They promised to be open with hero pools

So say what you want to be heard :speaking_head:

And clearly they lied, if that was not obvious by now. With even their own casters making fun of this absolute circus.

People giving up playing Overwatch altogether is not a good thing.

It’s the primary reason hero bans need to stop.

We do not know that’s how it will be, we can only assume.

As for hero bans, it hardly matters who gets banned. Being mad at a particular ban is no way to express your feelings about the feature, especially when it’s a hero who should have been banned prior anyways.

It just makes one look biased if they only complain about some specific aspect of this feature rather than it as a whole. This thread only gave off the impression that they are mad about not being able to pick the new hero in comp rather than being upset at the feature as a whole.

You’re right about that. People giving up altogether sucks. But what else can you do when people defeat themselves?

How many heroes are in the game, now? And people are quick to leave when one gets banned.

They CONFIRMED it, bruh. I mean, yeah, the assumption is they do not change it based on a handful of people. They totally could, though

There are literally hundreds upon thousands of posts breaking down why this system is certified trash. I am not going to waste my time regurgitating talking points when basically nobody outside of trolls even bother to defend it. Who is there to debate? I cannot see anyone disagreeing.

Cool.

1 Like

We do know that’s how it will be because they’ve done it with two heroes in a row now, although it’s actually a moot point since Echo is the last hero being added to Overwatch.

That’s just your opinion.

If Blizzard believed she shouldn’t have been made available in Competitive upon release then they wouldn’t have made her available.

I’ve been a very vocal opponent to hero bans since their inception.

Seems to me you only read the thread title, not my actual whole OP since I mention more than Echo.

Wait, did they confirm it? I must have missed that entirely then if they did

You’ve added more to the original post than the first time I read it. Initially, before you mentioned Orisa and Brig, it was just whining about not being able to play with the shiny new toy in one specific mode

I was hoping for a excuse to play widow in comp this week.
Now people wont want my bronze widow in comp.

No. I just checked the edit logs and my mentioning of Orisa and Brig was in my original post as well.

Also, please stop with the toxicity. It’s not necessary and only devalues any opinion you may be trying to put across.

It was over top of it yes, but it wasn’t classed as a competitive season.

We got no player icon from it, no spray, achievements couldn’t be unlocked during it. Just CP was rewarded.

It was a beta test with CP as the reward.

1 Like

It was on the Competitive card, thus it was a Competitive season.

Its simple. New hero, hero gets played the most, most played heroes get banned. No exceptions because she is new!

:man_facepalming:

You got no spray from it, no player icon, achievements couldn’t be unlocked during in it like how achievements can be earned in comp.

Heck the title was “Role Queue Beta” I don’t see “Competitive” anywhere in there.

1 Like

Except she wasn’t played the most at all.

Of the eligible Damage heroes she had the lowest % of play rate.