First new hero in EIGHT MONTHS and she's already banned for a week?!?

Ah. Really the difficulty of hitting flying heroes on console is way overstated, speaking as a console player myself, thanks to aim assist. Besides, she herself is harder to aim with on console, and her control schemes on there are kinda funky making her movement in air a lot more mild than on PC.

But, yeah, OP is upset because they can’t use the shiny new toy in comp for a week after having it for a week :man_shrugging: to which I say… go play QP or Arcade.

I might give it a go if I am desperate to be perfectly honest. I need to play this hero and get it out of my system before I see what horror Blizzard has to unleash upon her.

Echo gives me the “arcane mage” vibes, just shooting starlight missiles. Pretty cool.

Nah, the bans are also in the arcade mode believe it or not.

I play on console. She’s far from OP.

There’s no “abuse”. She’s not OP.

I’m annoyed because she’s the first new hero in 8 months. Eight months is a ridiculously long time. She’s making the game fun for me to play again for the first time in ages and after only a week she’s being taken away for a week.

Hero bans are frustrating and pointless and need to stop.

I meant Arcade in general, not necessarily Open Comp. Do like QPC or Deathmatch

It used to be a two week buffer, they got rid of it with Sigma. This is just garbage hero pools screwing us, not an arbitrary delay to competitive.

No. I don’t play QP or anything in Arcade

That’s… your problem then, dude. Can’t help ya. She’s fully available in QP and in most Arcade modes

How can you adjust it accordingly when 90% of the playerbase cant use the character properly yet and 2 of the main counters were also banned?

2 Likes

I wasn’t asking you to help me. I was asking Blizzard to help by stopping with these ridiculous hero bans. They are ruining the enjoyment of the game for many.

Wanting to practice something you’ve hardly played at the expense of your teammates is pretty ding dang selfish, is it not?

And again, it doesn’t matter if you specifically don’t do these selfish things. It happens regardless of what you specifically do.

3 Likes

It is weird they did this. It would make more sense to see how she does wi Th widow and McCree back in. Banning her is pointless.

I agree that Competitive is not for practicing new heroes.

That’s not what this thread is about, however.

This thread is about the practice of hero bans and how it needs to stop when the first new hero in eight long months is banned from Competitive after only being in game for a week.

yeah i kinda have to agree this time.

Well, that is why he is sharing more negative feedback to Blizzard until they get the picture that hero pools, or at least this version of it… is a detriment to the game.

2 Likes

Its dumb at any rank if the players themselves do not pick them for every game they play. Having heroes banned for a week instead of a game to game basis only encourages people to not play the game when hero pool does not fit them. I fail to see how anyone could see this as a positive system. In all honestly these are the kind of ideas that goes straight in to the bin instead of taking up time and resources.

2 Likes

Sigma was released with the role queue beta. The whole point of that beta was to get people used to how the game was going to play from then on, and they didn’t want to exclude Sigma from that intentionally made learning experience I imagine.

It’s a precedent for heroes not being withheld anymore, but not a good one. Echo is a solid precedent for this sort of thing.

It would make

Literally no sense if she wasn’t banned with her 95% or higher pickrate

Not that she should be in comp in the first place

I’m talking pre hero pools. The recent change to make it unified was a good idea, making it based on ladder play was a horrible one.