First new hero in EIGHT MONTHS and she's already banned for a week?!?

It was not unexpected. Sigma set a precedent for new hero availability in Competitive. Thus it was expected she would be available in Competitive immediately upon release.

Hero bans are most certainly not fine. Far from it. They are ruining this game by driving people away.

As mentioned above, Sigma set a precedent for new heroes to be available in Competitive immediately upon release.

They already nerfed her twice on PTR before she was released. She’s now quite well balanced for a new release hero. She’s not completely OP as she’s extremely squishy, and is quite easily countered by hitscan heroes.

What about other game modes? QP,arcade,workshop? If you comp only player,it’s your problem lol.

No, it’s everybody’s problem because hero bans just keep driving people away from this game.

I agree that the bans it’s not the best thing added in overwatch,but again,what is the problem of quickplay or arcade?

I posted last week about not playing Support because Brig was banned, and I didn’t. I played Echo all week instead.

They are not.

Hero bans force players to either choose to play other heroes in Competitive that they’re just not good with or have never played before which leads to a decrease in match quality, or choose to not play a given role or just not play at all which leads to an increase in queue times and, potentially, a decrease in total player numbers if a player decides to not return.

Hero bans are extremely detrimental to the game and its players.

I can play all the heroes but there are some I don’t find fun to play so I don’t play them.

Regardless, as I noted when Brig was banned, if my preferred choice for a given role is banned then I’m just not going to risk my SR in that role by playing heroes that aren’t my preferred choice.

Here’s your answer, OP.

2 Likes

I’m not interested in Quick Play because there’s no coordination or teamwork as people have the lackadaisical “it’s just Quick Play” attitude.

I’m not interested in the Arcade modes as I don’t find any of them that enjoyable. I especially dislike game modes like Open Role Competitive as that’s just the game as it was pre-Role Queue which had devolved into a terrible state of 4+ Damage/no tank/no support team comps that just didn’t work.

Competitive is my preferred way of playing Overwatch, and it’s getting frustrating beyond belief when my preferred and favourite heroes to play are being arbitrarily banned for an entire week when hero bans below Masters are completely and utterly pointless and need to stop.

Then… don’t play until Echo is back?

That’s exactly my point. People are choosing to not play because of hero bans which is not good for the game.

It’s also a bit of a different situation with Echo because she was literally just added after eight months of no new hero and the first thing they do is ban her for a week. It’s ridiculous and pointless and is only harming the game.

Looks like winning it’s only reason you playing overwatch. In my opinion arcade game modes can be rly different of usual overwatch gameplay and sometimes it can be fun.

1 Like

She’s banned from comp already? And hit with a nerfbat? Where are you guys seeing this stuff because I’m not finding patch notes on this

I posted a quote from Jeff to answer your question. Which makes sense. No mercy.

I love hero pools. At least I get to choose which week I’ll play. The week without Rein was amazing.

1 Like

Link, please.

It’s literally in this thread. Under your post.

1 Like

She got banned probably because its based off pick rates which in turn means more chances in “the lottery” to be picked for banning. The system is working as intended though I think she should have been out of Comp for at least two weeks. Her presence throws off the season.

The only problem I see is that she was available for Ranked in the first place. Or released in the state she is in, for that matter.

1 Like

He did not say what you’re claiming he said.

This was a thread about Echo. And the question was about Echo. What else was he supposed to mean?

Not to mention you asked it.

1 Like

Jeff dont care anymore. He’s sick of the complaining and wining and you can tell.

He’s laying down the law to try and put some order in this game… Might be too late doe