[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Is it though?

Before her rework was Mercy F-tier. Not to mention that her ultimate encouraged wrong play style.

The wanted to address both of these issues with her rework. After her rework did she certainly became a lot more viable, even after her many nerfs. And her ultimate now promotes more teamwork.

I think the rework is a succes. Some players might find her more boring now, but I don’t. She has better mobility now, a new ability and an ultimate that allows me to heal my entire team while flying freely through the skies. I enjoy playing the new Mercy a lot more than the old Mercy.

3 Likes

Let me address some stuff you said.

Certainly not, she just got overshadowed by Ana, but she still was strong even before her invulnerability buff. Now she is just over the top, in a place which makes her the only support with one ability which has enough utility to outplay all other supports.

Unjustified misconception. Playing HIde&Res Mercy was the worst way to play her and only appeared after the SR exploit and not even with the invulnerability buff and there were more than enough ways to punish that playstyle even more, like no invulnerability (was a pointless buff anyway).

Valkyrie promotes nothing but a selfish playstyle. “Stay as far away as possible so that no one can kill you. No worry, Valkyrie will do the work for you.” same with E res, an ability which is so situational but also mandatory, so have to not use it just to save your own live.
Her viability is also killing the viability of other support heroes and that still after more than 7 months.
Also, they didn’t addressed anything with the revert, they only created more problems.

From a balance standpoint it’s really nothing but a failure and the poll i made only supports that fact with the community opinion.
Want to see it?

PS: it was posted in General Discussion for 2d.

12 Likes

As far as supports go, I’m a Mercy main, and I hate the new Mercy, RES SHOULDN’T BE ON E. It undo’s someone’s rightfully earned kill instantly, and it is extremely hard to pull off during team fights where it matters, often getting the Mercy herself killed.

RESURRECT should stay as an ultimate in whatever form it takes

1 Like

Okay, you CANNOT call 213 votes the “community opinion”, especially when people who voted are most likely those who had strong feelings about the subject.

Certainly not, she just got overshadowed by Ana, but she still was strong even before her invulnerability buff. Now she is just over the top, in a place which makes her the only support with one ability which has enough utility to outplay all other supports.

That’s blatantly false. Mercy was the least picked healer across ALL levels, and the ninth least picked hero, right before her rework, at the end of September. And this had been the case for pretty much ONE YEAR. This had nothing to do with Ana, and everything to do with Mercy.

Mass Rez wasn’t removed because people were complaining about it. Mass rez was removed because it simply wasn’t good. Mercy was bad, and needed that rework. The goal was to make Mercy relevant, and it did. Calling it a failure, is, once again, blatantly false.

1 Like

I had that discussion, before. I do think as well that this is just a tiny set piece. But it is a “…Out of 100” fact which i posted in General Discussion because i wanted to avoid users with “strong feelings”.
With that “…Out of 100” narrative you can already think of an overall community perception. It works like a test sample.

I played Mercy just fine all the time. I had no issues with her and outplayed Ana back in the days 50% of the time, as it should be.
And before her revert, Mercy was picked a ton of time’s. But not because she was too strong, but because Ana was to weak. Nerf’s to Ana and Buff to other heroes pushed her more and more down and because Mercy was the only other main healer in that time, her pickrate went up.

She was not picked much, sure. But only because of the Meta expectation.
The nerfs to Ana had more to do with that than you think.

As i said before, the balance situation of the sups already says that this revert is a massive failure. This assumption with that deepens with the poll.

1 Like

and was the most picked hero in the game, at all ranks, and was played in pro play, quite a decently

sorry but she wasn’t F tier, you could argue that she was F tier before her invulnerability buff back in feb, but after that, nope.

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/07/top-hero-mains-s5-pc.html

The Mercy revamp accomplished something amazing: It made everyone unhappy.

The Mercy mains don’t like it. The other healers don’t like it. Nobody likes it. Who was the rework designed for? Everyone just seems miserable from it…

6 Likes

just play battle mercy ,and you will have fun (in QP pls)
:smiley:

The rework was designed for the whiners that hate mass ress and were asking for mercy 1.0 to get changed.

There’s a megathread for this…

1 Like

Common, give the Mercy players a break. Why should they suffer from a forum double standard?

We hade 5-6 Sombra threads running at the same time for weeks.
There’s new Brigitte and Hanzo threads every day…

Why should we force the Mercy players to “stick to one thread”? :confused:

2 Likes

They should have one too…the mercy cult has one though…and apparantly it is forbidden to use it

Talk for yourself. I think Mercy is fun to play even currently.

Not fun to play against? I kinda doubt people would say old Mercy was more fun to play against than the current literation, but I can’t speak for everyone.

1 Like

Gee, I do wonder, what is more fun to play against; your ult being undone by Mercy’s rez, or Mercy being held still so you can shoot her?

I can see how having bunny hop is fun and all, but spectator mode Q and feet in the mud E being fun is beyond me.

PotGs are mundane, pickrate is still through the roof after 8 nerfs, on-fire rate is the lowest among all supports except for, ya’know, Symmetra in GM and Masters.

With the new healers, the old Mass Rez would be very OP because it can stretch the team fights forever.

Plus I like her mobility and I don’t find her boring. But, maybe another rework to make her more fun would be nice.

Take ya’ guns, and put holes in the Mercy. She isn’t invincible in team fights. She is the main healer, she should be your target rez or not.

Seems like they “woke up” and they are throwing all Mercy related threads in here once again.

Makes me wonder if they are same mods, or it’s like “we throw this dice, and one unlucky person becomes moderator for a while”, leaving forums unguarded in between.

I don’t even know why I bother writing in Mercy threads. “Thread was merged with Mega thread bla bla bla”. Let the Mercy mains go! :sob:

1 Like

That’s prob what they want, for us to shut up and leave :confused:

6 Likes