[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Only if you’ve got potato team mates. Otherwise, the enemy’s constantly dying.

I get what you mean but if you wanna kill stuff then picking a dps would be more reasonable than a hero with 50 damage. Moira could work In diamond or below but in masters and higher she gets punished so easily especially when she wants to deal damage.

1 Like

I’m a support main who despises DPS, so, no. Not gonna happen.

I swing both ways my friend and trust me, Moira is a better healer than a damage dealer.

omg they just mass merged like 10 threads into here

Curious…
Resurrect Mercy or Valkyrie Mercy…
The community seems to be very divided by the choice, which one would be better for the overall health of the game.
In one thread i see many say that Mass Res should stay far away from the game, but on other threads the opinion that Resurrect Mercy should return is seen as the, for Overwatch as a game, healthiest option by a lot of users.
Even after that long time, the revert is still discussed a lot, hated a lot, liked a lot and it seems like no end is in sight.

I analysed Valkyrie and Resurrect Mercy up and down since more than 7 months, so i have my set and unchangeable opinion. But i still miss a general community opinion, because just from reading posts… It seems like a 45:55 for the return of Mass Res… That’s not enough to base a fact on…

I made a poll…

Current state: 06.25.18 11:38 CET
Total votes: 137

[Resurrect Mercy is healthier for the game and should return]
27.01%/ 37 votes

[Resurrect Mercy is better, but needs changes]
40.15%/ 55 votes

[Valkyrie Mercy is healthier for the game]
13.14%/ 18 votes

[Valkyrie Mercy is better, but needs changes]
13.14%/ 18 votes

[Both should go]
6.57%/ 9 votes

Keep in mind that this is not about the Fun subject of her. This is more balance oriented.
PS: Long live the Valkyrei! I’m such a grammar pro…

14 Likes

More people need to see this!

2 Likes

Y’know…when everyone says Mercy is dead, they mean she’s not fun to play. She’s super effective right now. Stupid effective. They’ve put MANY restrictions on Rez, yet no one can seem to actually capitalize on those restrictions. I’ve analyzed many games but very rarely does anyone actually stop her. 30 seconds also doesn’t seem like very long when it’s given to her automatically vs when she actually needs to charge it.

The best idea is taking the old design and tweaking it. It’s not that hard to do…Instead of making her invulnerable, make it so she gets a damage resistance. Give her a LOS to Rez with. There’s a lot of other options we NEVER explored!

20 Likes

How do you know they didn’t test variations of mass res internally/with there test team/pro’s etc?
Really hope mass res never returns.

1 Like

Well they also tested Valkyrie, removed it and brought it back.

9 Likes

Honestly resurrect (ultimate) would be fine if it had a decay. If mercy didn’t heal, deal or take damage for 3-5 seconds then her ult charge slowly decays to 90% 1% every 2 seconds.

It can easily be brought up by healing just for 3 seconds but it means mercy actually has to be active instead of hiding in a corner forever waiting for her team to die

11 Likes

We would have heard SOMETHING about it. They admitted they tried testing Symmetra’s Beam with more power but couldn’t make it work while keeping Auto aim. Why not properly address Rez, one of the MOST POPULAR abilities!?

Also, if we’re thinking they properly tested things…Valkyrie wouldn’t have existed in it’s first 3-4 iterations (I lost count…it’s such a FLAWED MECHANIC!)

5 Likes

Resurrect in general is such a flawed mechanic. Least a single res isn’t too bad…

1 Like

Rez popular? in what universe! it is one of the strongest abilties, imo it is broken for this kind of game.

Rez says hi!!

Mercies problem is not only Rez compared to other main healers she has no down side to her. Hell does she even have 1 that makes her even remotely ineffective?

In most games…yes. In this game? No. In this game, I can kill at least 2 people with just ONE ultimate. And get an entire team wipe with two. Most games, resurrect would be too broken but with how POWERFUL characters are in this game, it’s fine. That’s why Mercy wasn’t broken before she was changed…She wasn’t a must pick till she got changed.

I argue it’s way worse. Mass Rez had to be charged. This is given to you for free…at the start of the game and every 30 seconds. Mass Rez could be charged in about 33 seconds…but that’s only if you were a GOOD Mercy! Single Rez has many weaknesses but ultimately because it’s so applicable and free, it’s way worse than Mass Rez.

Mercy is one of the most if not THE MOST Iconic characters in this game. The “Heroes never die” line was popularized BECAUSE of how Mass Rez was. If you wanna ignore that, that’s your problem.

Mass Rez didn’t make Mercy a top tier character. Valkyrie made Mercy broken.

Another downside of Valkyrie…it kinda gave Mercy’s kit a lot more. Her ultimate became an ability…and while her ultimate isn’t very good, it’s still an added bonus in regular team fights whilst also making her harder to hit/kill.

For the longest amount of time, she still wasn’t run too often despite being the best main healer. People opted for the utility of Lucio and Zen…which she can now also provide in the form of ability Rez and her ultimate.

10 Likes

Well, it wasn’t borken until the SR exploit and the many, many nerfs to Ana. Before that i never saw someone complain about Mass Res unless the player was extremely toxic.

That’s the point. The revert removed that. Mercy’s downside was her small utility and the single target short range healing as well as the lack of offensive capability. But with the utility of E res, which is just insane and the survivability of Valkyrie and the GA space jump… that’s just gone. You can’t really make any mistakes with her anymore.

4 Likes

Mercy is fine as is. I wasn’t here for 5 man reses, but I know she’d tilt me more than Brigitte, especially if I used all my resources to kill them in the first place. I WAS here for two man res, and that was enough to make me want Mercy deleted from the game. There was nothing more annoying in season 8 than busting your culo to kill the two best players on the other team, just to have them brought back in two seconds while you have to sit and watch it happen.

The thing is…
Individual ress, even if they are only 2, are far more powerful than any mass res. The regularity is way higher than with Mass Res and at the same time it’s less predictable.

And i can assure you that Mass Res isn’t remotely as frustrating as Brigittes stun.

7 Likes

THIS is the thread that should be pinned at the top of the website, if they want to see some real-time “Mercy Feedback”.

Just as I thought too, the vast majority from this community wants a Revert of some sort. Further proof that reworking her in the first place probably should have never happened, and all that “Hide and Res” stuff was largely a myth.

5 Likes

The tip of the ice berg was her damage resistance. That was when Mercy became the queen of the game without any challenge. The problem was giving mercy any buffs while she had the strongest ability in the game and the buff made the strongest ult even stronger.

The way the game is going even without Valkyrie and with mass rez. Mercy she would be strong.

• Mercy is the best main healer for high ground with the best agility as a main healer.
  • She is the only main healer who can heal through a shield.
  • She is the only main healer who really damage boost ultimate’s with a constant rate.
  • She is the best support who can synergies with dps and giving out full damage and making sure the dps are effective.
  • There are some more aspects that i have not thought about.

The only way Mercy 1.0 could be remotely balanced is if they dont reintroduce the damage resistance. However do you think most Mercy mains would not complain about that aspect again if Mercy 1.0 was reintroduced to the game?

Generally even if rez as an ability is removed Mercy as a package is still much better than the other main supports.

1 Like