[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

If you don’t like Mercy as who she is right now, change to another hero. No one ask you to play some hero you don’t like.

Woah what I never said I don’t like current mercy
I love current mercy
Just a few minor tweaks is what I am having that small hope for like wanting an I’ve cream. Not something I’m demanding

Why should people be expected to change the hero that they have devoted time to playing, all because Blizzard can’t balance that hero, while keeping them fun.

3 Likes

If you are not a coward who wait for team to die, you are playing mercy wrong. Every Mercy in Diamond and above want to use Mercy correctly they have to:

• Stop healing when you get ult.
  • Ask team to die on point.
  • Use ult.

If you don’t, you are using her wrong, and it is really bad if mercy cannot use ult correctly.

I started playing mercy back when the game came out but stopped when the nerf wave began. I just can’t wrap my head around this new mercy which causes my teammates to hate me. I just have the feeling that my ult is completely useless as I had gotten used to healing and dmg boosting the team without the luxury of chaining the beams.

Every online hero-based game change hero and their mechanic from time to time. Look at LoL, DotA, HotS. If you cannot deal with it, then you should not play online game.

Do yourself a favor and look for LoL, how many hero this year they change a core concept and mechanic.

HAHAHAHA. I can’t believe that you have the nerve to say something like that. Hide’n’rez was a dirty SR cheat before it was fixed. Since the sr was calculated based on the performance people learned to cheat the system by using the mass rez to make the system think that they’re better than they really were.

3 Likes

Boy you really are the aggressive type aren’t you

2 Likes

If you use mass rez to rez one or two heroes, you are trickling the whole team. I am not talking about SR cheating here, but it is the best way to use mass rez. And honestly, no one want to fight against a reverse sweep. Mass Rez needs to go.

To be able to pull off a Rez is incredibly rewarding; what are you talking about? Communicating with your team to fall back when they’re getting low, and on the off chance that they die, you’re able to safely Rez in your own backline? It’s honestly a pretty good feeling, knowing that the push doesn’t end with the death of one of your significant team mates. Of course, it doesn’t happen as frequently as it once did, and there’s no feeling of pulling off a big play when you insta-Rezzed two members of your team (or even 5, back in 1.0), but that was the problem.
Right now, I don’t feel like I’m cheating or cheating anyone out of their plays by undoing the enemy team’s outplay of mine and I kind of feel like it’s up to me, the player, to get the most out of Mercy. Balance of my favorite game concerns me more than ensuring that my favorite hero is the best to play; the feeling of beating the enemy team out of pure skill is more rewarding than beating them in the hero select screen.

Her play style is almost entirely the same as before.
You still just hold down left click for the vast majority of the game.
Resurrect got a new voice line, and like there is an extra ability, that’s actually very useful and versatile.

If you don’t like Mercy now, you wouldn’t have played her ever.

I am tired of people complaining, unfun this unfun that. If it is not fun, play other hero. If you cannot play other hero except one and only Mercy, you need to choose another game.

2 Likes

And i never said that you should only rez 1-2 heroes with it. Hiding to gain “time on fire” was an SR cheat and they had to do something about it. Mass rez could be balanced to make it more fair but people don’t want to hear the ideas

2 Likes

I prove you wrong. I hate mercy now but played her a lot before the nerfs.

1 Like

Did you even play as or with Mercy 1.0? Hide and Rez was an SR exploit that was bad at high ranks. Maybe you can’t tell the difference between hiding behind cover and hiding halfway across the map?

2 Likes

Mercy is very balanced now but I really want her to be powerful so that I can climb

Mass rez can never be balance, and honestly, it does little to nothing to help Mercy become more active. Right now, she is actively contributing to the team with her ult. Luckily they never listened to “mass rez can be balanced”.

In short: I feel fun and comfortable with Mercy now, although rez feels little “robot-ish” stoic. If they change, I adapt. I won’t come here to complain everyday.

I still feel mercy is one of the best healers, sure her rez is no longer immediate but, she heals more than zen or Lucio and she has high mobility, by using GA and flying from side to side, i find her more fun now than ever, and requires more thought process when and where you’ll use the rez.

I played since day 1. And I played a lot. I don’t abuse SR exploit, but I have to admit: Hide and rez is the most effective way use Mass Rez, but Mass Rez is not healthy for the game, because of its hide and rez. With Valkyrie I am not hiding and contribute more with my ult (while I can still rez).

Why you gotta be so aggressive. Mass rez could be balanced if it was changed. First of all, make mercy unable to fly to the dead teammates. Second, make her unable to rez through walls. That way she HAS to be active to do anything. The current ult isn’t an ult to those people who can already support their team. Only people who struggle with healing or dmg boosting need the chaining.

2 Likes