[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Hide and Rez was an SR exploit used by bad players. No competent Mercy player would hide with rez. The most effective strategy was to tempo rez 1-2 players to keep the fight going, not to hide.

5 Likes

She is very boring but she probably won’t get buffed because pro players don’t like their so very skillful picks to be denied. I honestly prefer 1.0 because you had something to do and that was your job. Just like Sombra distracts the enemy, Mercy had to survive and remain the last one standing to res. Now I play a lot of Sombra because she is much more fun and people no longer report me for playing her because buffs are coming. With Mercy it’s so hard to carry because she depends on her team, while Sombra can carry.

Never liked hide and rez it was always so boring and I never did it
When Valk became the new ult it was so much more fun to use

1 Like

Tempo rez is find if your team die close together and if you are not careful, you will trickling your team. To clarify: I played by Tempo rez, not hide and seek, but in Control point, tempo rez is not as good as hide and seek (especially 2cp). You have to agree to that.

Honestly looking from enemy standpoint:

• The hard work of 2 or 3 ult together to get a team kill can be erased by one ult.
  • They have to kill Mercy first, or seek for Mercy first, this may take really hard to do in same map with defensive enemies.

Even if you make Mercy cannot fly to rez, even if you make Mercy cannot rez through wall, those 2 things applied. It feels really unfair for any situation. that is why I don’t feel Mass Rez or rez in a whole can be balanced.

I still have to disagree. It’s ok in the way that it forces ppl to play “actively”. Ults are supposed to be engaging and have that “should i use my ult now or later” vibe to them. Valk is just not “important” enough to make me think that way

2 Likes

Maybe the enemy team shouldn’t use 3 ults if they know the other team has a mercy. Flankers are a nightmare to Mercy so a competent genji/tracer should be able to kill her before she can do anything OR prevent her from ressing the team.

5 Likes

you’re suggesting people play smart? One can only dream that happens more often. :thinking:

2 Likes

Her ult is really boring, I feel the only fun and engaging gameplay you get out of it is by battle mercying. Without touching Rez I think when they have the tethered healing it would be cool if the targeted character got a bit of extra healing, this way the gameplay can be a bit more engaging that you need to switch targets by who is being damaged more. Right now her ultimate doesn’t really have much effect to changing the tide of battle, or so it feels. This is also just a personal opinion.

Since “skill” seems to be the most famous word on these forums I thought that people would actually have it…

5 Likes

Try right clicking during a push
Really helps the team do tons of extra damage

and let your team die instantly…sure

Then I can say the same, a Mercy with Pharah and Widowmaker who can provide her an escape route will be a nightmare for Genji and Pharah. They cannot kill Mercy with a lot of works. A good Mercy will escape them every time. (Right now with Valkyrie, flanker is not a big threat to Mercy).

But let me tell you one thing: we are the same, we have been playing Mercy a lot, we know how to play with her. The difference between you and me is the feeling toward Mass Rez and Valkyrie. Our discussion will never end, because each of us considers the other ult is not good.

Right now you and I have to live with what we have. Good or bad, it is an online game, which is subjected to change.

well the healing likely won’t save them if the enemy decides to ult anyway, so why not. Damage boost is the selling point of Valkyrie.

Remember her ultimate can out heal every other healer in just her 15 secs. Also damage boost for everyone. It provide an escape route because her speed is faster than Genji walking speed. Just name a few.

I suppose that is true. I admit that I hate valkyrie mostly because I’m unable to get much done with it. I still haven’t gotten used to the changes so I’m pretty much useless as mercy

My advice: use it when you need to:

• Escape, although she look slow, but you can outrun Genji. You can out run even a Lucio. (Why people think she is slow?? She is faster than ever.)
  • Your team is together on the point, or before the choke. (Use it as a discount Zenyatta ult)
  • Your team need to protect a point or payload. (Use it as a discount Orisa ult).
  • Use it when the payload is in a big team fight. Use it right away or it will be too late. (As a discount Lucio ult)
  • To revenge a Widowmaker. To chase down Lucio. To do whatever you want, you are Battle Mercy.

Mass Rez is passively used, but Valkyrie is active used. You have to use it first, not waiting to react to things.

Enemy doesn’t need to use ults…90% of the time my team has no shields…

Idk how I feel about battle Mercy. My aim isn’t the best and I can barely hit roadhog. But thanks, I’ll try to get better but it’s hard when the feedback I get in-game is mostly toxicity and bullying

Basically the only original and rewarding perks to come from Valkyrie are to either run away or Battle-Mercy, otherwise, you’re a cheap knock-off of the other supports when using it.

4 Likes