[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Right now, i can use her ult to escape, to push through choke, to make the whole team on point.

Agree with you, she is much better and more engaged right now. And after the nerf i don’t have to “You have to play Mercy or we lose”.

1 Like

Another thing is that the current version removes the fat target I constantly had on my head. I played Mercy because I enjoyed her, but because she also happened to be mandatory, everyone and their uncle made it their job to kill me. Now there’s less pressure. If anything, the new Mercy is more fun.

1 Like

I do not understand these people who says Mercy is boring is not an option.

You can play style for Mercy wants to Res. team quickly and if you don’t take advantage on the point. So play smoothly as much as usual in effort to win for.

Likewise, Resurrection is the ultimate ability in the past. But for now, Valkyrie is much fun ability to fly around to heal those teammates to helping for and eliminate the flying characters around for the entire play.

She is much better and most playable in the game I have accounted for.

2 Likes

???
Mercy can easily GA to any other teammate her survivability is high unless you are bad Mercy and always position your self wrong letting your self be ez meal for dps

i like her, she’s fine.

I disagree. Cheeky Rezzes are incredibly fun to pull off. Cleaning up fights with attack helicopter Valkyrie is hilarious. The sheer amount of mobility that you can have with a team that works with you is fun. Stringing lovesick genji’s along with Guardian Angel is absolutely fun. I may have only just started playing Mercy but she is not un-fun and not boring to play. How can you say that not being able to fly is “more fun” than being able to fly?

2 Likes

This is just me, but I find her fun and I’m gald she isn’t a must pick anymore.

That almsot ruined the character for me.

2 Likes

Thats her character playstyle. nothing wrong with it. shes easy to play and easy to contribute a lot to the team with little to no high skill ceiling.

i love how Mercy is a character that can be played by my girlfriend. she isnt the best player but she plays a mean mercy because of her relative ease.

she is meant for lower skilled players. and she does it well

Except good players shouldn’t do that. Only ppl who couldn’t play mercy properly abused the mass rez like that.

It did have counter-play and that was to kill the mercy FIRST and then proceed to kill her team. Sadly this became impossible with the fake mercy’s just hiding. I have a few ideas how the mass rez could be balanced but idk if people would agree with me

She isn’t fun to me. I’m an old mercy main and Mercy’s current play style is just awful imo. The flying is slow and feels clunky and the ult is not impactful in anyway. At least she can still resurrect a teammate but that rarely changes anything…

3 Likes

She’s basically balanced but not as fun to play anymore which sucks cuz she’s my favorite support

1 Like

“The flying is slow and feels clunky and the ult is not impactful in anyway.”

She fly faster than Genji walking speed. Her ult can outheal every healers in 15 seconds.

If Blizzard agrees she is not fun indeed; they will change her in another way instead rolling her back. That would be just repeating same issues again otherwise.

So telling why player felt she was ‘fun’ would help them to pick a direction.

Not to me. Mercy was the first hero I ever played and I soon became a Mercy main. The problem I have with the current Mercy is that the ult doesn’t feel like an ult. Before the nerfs I had to think about whether to use the rez or to save it for later and I always stayed with my team. Now the ult doesn’t feel important. sure, I get to fly around for a while but that’s incredibly useless to me. The chain healing and dmg boosting would be nice but I never asked for it and I don’t feel the need to use it…

4 Likes

I feel like they should still have instant rez during valk but just have one rez

2 Likes

Out healing has little to no impact in the long run and the flight isn’t really something I need. The old ult had an impact, sure it might have been a bit too big of an impact but at least it had one.

1 Like

I wan’t mass rez back but with some changes that would make it more fair for the enemy team

2 Likes

I actually prefer valk
Been playing mercy since the old days and I never really liked mad rez
I really like chain damage boosting though. It can really help in a push

1 Like

The old ult is bad, and honestly, hide and tell teammate to die is not a way to play healers. No one want a reverse sweep.

the old ult wasn’t bad. And I’m not a coward who waits for the team to die.