[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

the problems i have with mercy:

rez on cast time feels terrible. it feels like being frozen. ow is a game about fast plays, mercy is a hero about movement and flying around, being mobile.

ult: is boring. its a little bit better than orisas stationary dmg boost.

4 Likes

This is Actually how the game was First advertised to me…
In an actual Add, For OW. The Text was something along the lines of:
“(X) Amount of Characters, All with game changing Abilities and Ultimates!”

-.- So yea. This is true.

Mercy is Boring, Revert Pls.

I will say this until the day i die.

And btw…

I’m not even a Mercy Main. ^,~

9 Likes
  • Widowmaker :worried:
  • Winston
  • McCree
  • Orisa
  • Roadhog
  • Moira
  • and now Mercy

Just to list a few :heart:
Not to say none of them serve their purpose, but they are all generally speaking low-impact Ultimates

4 Likes

I really have to disagree with u there. You think killing 3-4 people with a high noon not game changing? i’m not even gonna talk about the rest since its pretty obvious.

1 Like

It is incredibly rare for a McCree to get more then a kill (or two) with his Ultimate in high-rank competitive play.

It is a quickly earned, low-impact Ultimate just like the rest. In my opinion

2 Likes

“StOP comPlaInIng thAT sHE wAs NErfed”

That’s odd. She’s pretty damn strong for a hero without an ultimate.

1 Like

I have yet to see an instance where mocking has helped persuade anyone in anything

3 Likes

Point made. However, it can still happen. You can’t do anything with Valkyrie though.

Exactly, so whats your point? lol

Mccree and Widow Ults low impact?

I can at LEAST Pull off a few if not more kills with Each…

An ult is supposed to be used at a time when the player can actually Get use out of it When i ult as Mccree, i’m not standing in the middle of my team, In the fight.
I’m probably Behind the enemy team.

If i ult as Widow im not In the Spawn, or Behind enemy lines… I’m more than likely on the highground, Watching over the entire Fight as a Whole Looking for Specific Picks.

If i ult as Mercy, It is to Save my team. In that Specific situation, When all else fails… As a support, it’s my JOB. It should Actually Save them, As in… From death.

Google what “Valkyrie” Means, And you will see what i mean.

1 Like

Graviton is only useful if there’s another ult to take advantage of it. Otherwise, if they’re just shooting, it’s just normal damage. Lucio, Moira, Brigitte - all of them do group healing, they can all keep the team alive. Zen’s ult is much better than Mercy’s for that, as is Moira, plus Moira’s has the benefit of damaging the other team if they’re in the path. Nerfy is pathetic now, a healer who can barely heal, and with a useless ult.

Of all the ultis to bring up why high noon? The pros use it for an extra reload

Hey Slim, you seem like a reasonable person. You should add me on PSN. We could play together.

1 Like

I think they should get rid of rez, get rid of valkyrie, and focus on building around the engaging playstyle that guardian angel supports. Moving rez to an ability and adding Valkyrie was a huge failure. I would have rather seen tweaks to Mercy 1.0 to make sure hide and rez didn’t happen (I never practiced this myself though). However, since they are not going back to Mercy 1.0 I’d rather see Mercy 3.0. They can’t really make things worse than it is now, I mean, how could they possibly?

Well, knowing Blizzard, Mercy 3.0 would have Guardian Angel put on a cast-timer, rez is replaced with a white-flag that you wave, and Valkyrie is replaced with a “Make the entire team invulnerable for 1 minute”, which they then realize is too powerful so after 5 months of nerfing we’ll eventually have “Stand on a box and speak to the enemy about peaceful alternatives to fighting”

2 Likes

"A valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja “chooser of the slain”) is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live."

Sounds like a good name for someone who can Resurrect the dead.

Not just fly around Spraying healing Juices On her teammates.

2 Likes

I feel like arguing something can happen is a bit of an irrelevant point. Roadhog can boop the whole team into the well, but that doesn’t mean its to be expected when he uses it.

I think its purpose is to give your team the team-wide heals, or team-wide damage boost they need to commence or clean up a fight. Its a weaker, drawn-out Zen ultimate. I think it serves its purpose very well.

Whether that is fun or not is one thing, but to say it can’t do much for a team-fight is a bit unfair.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing out the whole kit thing and everything (Genji mains would be on protest mode haha :joy:) and I think that’s a good point to make, perhaps making the impact more obvious in some way will help a lot because I personally don’t feel like I’m making too much a difference anymore (at least not a difference that makes mercy shine from the other supports) I’m simply sad about the changes because I feel mercy has lost what made her special and well atm playing mercy just doesn’t feel good or rewarding majority of the time honestly :confused: I’m not calling for mercy to go back the way she was, but I found that ultimate extremely rewarding at least. I would like to be able to feel that again with mercy and personally being Ana main (for anyone who points her ult out) I feel very rewarded being able to watch that person I decided to nano boost shine and have a fun time with their ult, I also enjoy the appreciation I get most of the time afterwards, I like being support and I like helping other people shine at what they are good at, but there just isn’t much of a rewarding feeling with mercy at the moment

Also just going to remind everyone here that re nerf valk was the most powerful mercy we’ve ever seen and more than likely the most powerful any healer has ever been.

I think it’s pretty obvious here that if you want an option for mercy to be more fun then Rez has to get the scatter shot treatment

Alright then how about the feeling? I personally dont feel like i’m doing anything. Even though im on fire a lot. I feel like i do more as normal mercy rather than Valkyrie. Know what i mean?

1 Like