[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Amen. The lady doesn’t have an ultimate. idk what bug Valkyrie is but thats not an ultimate.

28 Likes

I’m sorry, but her ultimate is actually really impactful when you use it at right times. The thing is it’s hard to see that impact, because we aren’t given a card, or anything for how much healing we did (In valk.)

I remember one time I was able to Valk through a Graviton, with six people shooting at my team. (I was away from it, and wasn’t shot at.)

10 Likes

This

Not making it clear to the player, or her team how impactful Mercy is being is definitely one of Mercy’s larger problems right now.

I think having a UI indicator that expresses to the player everyone they are healing throughout Valk is the most optimal solution to that issue.

In addition, having a stat/card that tracks ‘Damage Boosted’ and ‘Valkyrie Healing Done’ would also go a long way in conveying that impact.

8 Likes

I don’t want to be offensive, but the argument ‘‘unfun’’ is getting a little bit old with everything.

5 Likes

How would u describe it then? Not-Entertaining? A complete bore? Utter ridiculousness? cuz thats what Mercy’s ultimate is right now. all of the above. Not to mention that it’s not impactful

13 Likes

What is worse than old mercy?

Stay hidden and mass rez was more fun?

1 Like

At least, I was doing something. I actually made a game changing impact. All Mercy does right now in Valk is fly up and watch her teammates die.

11 Likes

Can’t even call that an argument is just a opinion.

3 Likes

On some way you are right…

But Valkiria is a lot better than ana ult hahaha :confused:

Is sad but blizzard is really slow on the gameplay changes.

2 Likes

I still like her, personally, and she’s my go-to healer.

I like attack helicopter Mercy a lot more than hide-under-the-floorboards-and-press-Q-to-win Mercy, it’s a bit more engaging. I just wish Valkyrie were a little bit stronger in terms of its ability to offer immediate team support.

1 Like

I think its fair for a player to argue their hero is unfun, especially given how much she’s changed.

• Whether her change was necessary aside, imagine if your main had half of their entire kit completely reworked.

Speaking strictly hypothetically;
I empathize with how unwelcome that would make me feel as a Genji player, if Genji’s entire kit was fundamentally reworked.

Whether they should balance around how fun a hero is, is a different story entirely given the subjectivity to fun. But I don’t think its fair to deny someone of feeling their hero is no longer fun to them.

I think his point was that its a bit dangerous to balance heroes around how fun they are, as that is entirely based on opinion.
Not to say a hero shouldn’t be revisited if they aren’t fun. Roadhog for example. But its dangerous to do, and not of high importance.

As for how impactful her Ult is? I am going to have to simply disagree with you there. I think if a Mercy knows what she is doing, her Ult can be an amazing factor in a teamfight. The issue stems from not conveying to… anyone really, how much of an effect its actively having. Hence my UI suggestion.

4 Likes

That is a really bad team you are playing against then if they can’t see a giant yellow beam coming out from the graviton…and if they chose to focus on the enemy instead of the mercy…that is a crappy team.

There is also not substantial proof that mercy’s ult can be impactful…perhaps a zen did his ultimate at the same time as the graviton? Perhaps lucio ulted, or maybe even torb was throwing his armor packs as he was getting sucked into the graviton…therefore saving himself and his allies from possible damage…there are so many possibilities that this theory is pretty much void.

Sorry but with over 250 hours on mercy on my main account…her fun level is at an all time low.

4 Likes

I’m just saying, Mercy’s ultimate (Valkyrie) needs to be more powerful and more impactful. Ultimates are suppose to be game changing, and Valkyrie couldn’t impact a winning team if it came up and slapped her in the face.

5 Likes

ugh… i like how u talk so i’m not gonna argue with you. But i will say it needs to be more impactful.

Girl I never said it was fun, it’s boring as censored to just sit there. I legit can go on my phone and scroll through twitter during it.

2 Likes

I think this is where we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Not every Ult (in my opinion) is supposed to completely shift a match, or be entirely “game changing” as you say.

she is pretty stale… i agree.

4 Likes

Help me out here. What other Ultimate isn’t game changing? Besides Widowmaker cuz god knows she needs help.

2 Likes

I recon they should throw the instant Rez back on to it, flying around then slowing down for a Rez just seems clunky

Other than that can’t help you out much. I would find it funny if they gave her back the PTR pistol with valk

2 Likes

“You’re powered up! Get in there!”

1 Like