[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Stop trying to deny real facts without giving us anyone but lies and fallacies or just your own opinion as if it were the only and universal truth, nobody will believe you. If you can’t stand them that your and only your problem. Stop trolling.

Resurrect as Mercy’s E ability was the worst idea Blizz ever had. Valkirie is extremely weak without rez, as it’s only the same as Mercy can do with some effort and skill… but without it, just pressing one button and hiding for 15 seconds. I don’t think she needs buffs because this design has reached now its dead end. It’s “balanced”, but it’s bad design because it’s even contradictory with the own character (E doesn’t fit with mobility and Q doesn’t fit with its voice line, which is 50% of Mercy’s signature). The only solution if they don’t want a revert is a new rework with rez as her ultimate and a new E ability.

2 Likes

Which can be said about every ultimate in the game.

Yep. Not disagreeing there.

By that theory, you will always have 1 better ultimate than the rest instead of making them all equally impactful.

One ult better than the rest for a certain situations, yes. Another better for another situation. How boring it would be if “press Q when X happens” applied to every hero in the game in the exact same scenarios.

What? Well, that was the choice of the development team now wasn’t it?

Hey, you started this Top Trumps game. I started by asking what supports with the same healing potential as Mercy had the same defensive ult capabilities as Zen/Lucio.

LOL. Pop Valkyrie Enjoy the Rip-Tire climbing up the side of the building and jump and hit you mid-air. Enjoy the Tactical Visor or the Deadeye that will kill you faster than you can GA to a teammate.

Are you honestly saying that Mercy is more vulnerable during ult than Moira?

And Mercy doesn’t have the raw damage output to compete with Zen and Lucio. She was deliberately given a defensive ultimate that has the power to do something other than what she does normally. By your logic, Mercy should be given the power to completely eliminate the enemy team with her ultimate.

No, that’s not my logic at all. Where have I ever suggested any healer should be able to do that?

So what was any different when it came to Mass Resurrect?

Mass ress was problematic for a number of different reasons. How it was used, how it affected ult economy, how it forced teams to play in a way that no other hero forced you to. It was unhealthy.

Mercy gave heroes that never had pick rates time to shine. Especially Symmetra where Mercy had the power to bring everyone back and give Symmetra time to farm teleporter. Mercy had the power to solo heal even without chain healing. Mercy had the mobility back then to survive as a solo healer even without flight in Valkyrie.

What other hero could do all this?

You still haven’t given me an answer as to which ultimate is the weakest. That was my question. Out of sheer power which ultimate is the weakest.

Again, it depends on the situation. I would lean towards Nano Boost if you had a gun to my head though.

What did I post that you disagree with that was opinion rather than fact?

Give us real facts and real proves of us being mistaken and we’ll discuss. Try to force us to believe you blindly despite having 8 months of feedback behind and you will fail being ignored all the time and pointed out as a troll. These are your options. That simple. Your choice.

P.S.: And when I say “us being mistaken” I say "show us how every single official statistic is lying, how the best world Mercys are mistaken and you are right, how Mercy’s kit fits with herself, how suicidal play doesn’t exist at all now, how toxicity doesn’t exist right now, how piling up ults with zero skill is still counterable, how Mercy isn’t hiding all the time now, and how Mercy takes skill now that even the best world Mercys and statistics tells the opposite. Inform yourself, gives us all that information, and maybe we will discuss properly.

2 Likes

I gave you facts.

You are using a two game sample size that even the author of the post said can’t be used to draw conclusions from, in order to draw a conclusion.

That is a fact.

You said that Mercy’s stats are “flat through the ranks”. I pointed out that you are talking about one stat in particular, number of resurrects. Not multiple stats like you suggested.

That is a fact.

Did I miss something?

If Mercy gets reworked gets reverted stays the same
I am hearing X X
Hell yeah X
Guess who is becoming a Brigitte main X

Idk why I made this

How did you make that? I’m curious.

All those are facts too, the same as all those we have been posting here. Yes, you missed something, as always.

1 Like

This might help https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/forum-html-tutorial/7399

But that is the whole point of the game. Situations will ALWAYS be different. Valkyrie as a reworked ultimate closed the margin of diversity in the support category. Mass Resurrect gave new scenarios to the game and deleting it changed the way players play the game.

I’m going to tell you again Moira has maybe slightly less defensive capabilities but that is because her ultimate is attached with damage output against enemies giving her more options to use her ultimate. Now, what if you took away the 70DP/S and added that 70DP/S to the 140HP/S now it equals 210HP/S. Plus the amount of healing through her healing orb which is 300Health.

Edit: Just remember Moira’s ultimate is 140HP + 70DP/S for 8 seconds
Zenyatta is 300HP/S for 6 seconds
So in powerlevel they both come close to eachother.

Even without that adjustment it still has the potential to save allies through mass amounts of damage.

Not saying more vulnerable but she equally has enough things to counter her.

Let me just quote you right here.

To change up your words. Mercy doesn’t have the raw damage output to compete with Lucio and Zenyatta as was my original point. So she is deliberately lacking an offensive ultimate which she doesn’t have.

It was unhealthy because the execution of it let Mercy players be able to do that. If it had the requirements for the effects to be pulled off exactly like the two defensive ultimates in the game it would’ve been a lot fairer for both sides. Ult economy is a sham excuse to base an argument off of. People always ask if Zenyatta and Lucio have their ultimates all the time WHY? BECAUSE IT AFFECTS ULT ECONOMY. It forced teams to play the same way other defensive ultimates in the game are played currently.

Ana also had the power to solo heal. She could easily be placed because she offered much better solo healing then Mercy did at the time.

Obviously, you would choose that one. Because it’s the only support ultimate that doesn’t heal. But it provides the damage output DPS lack to tear through enemy defensive ultimates and is the ONLY ultimate in the game that can do so.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s a lot of information, I don’t know if I’ll be able of remember it (bad memory) :sweat_smile:

P.S.: For some stupid reason I had to edit your link.

If you literally use Valkyrie any time there’s any enemy Ultimate in play (LITERALLY any enemy Ult – Support, Tank, or DPS), it can’t do a single thing. It can’t outheal damage from a dps, it can’t heal so as to stop a teamwipe from a Tank’s CC, it can’t outheal an enemy support. It can’t damage boost enough to shut down an enemy Ult (unless you already have yours active and your team focuses quickly, so there’s a slight chance against a DPS Ult, but the boost from Valkyrie is also often negligible on a 250 hp or less hero), damage boost certainly won’t help against enemy CC such as Earth Shatter or Grav, and if you try to damage boost against sound barrier or Transcendence you’re gonna be a very sad healer

So yes, her Ultimate is garbage. Because it’s not an Ultimate. Her base kit is fine, yeah, but a hero without an Ultimate is unbalanced.

Edit: If Valkyrie actually had the strength of an Ultimate (and no, not because of the Resurrect ability, but just… support. Healing. Damage boost. Damage resistance, maybe?) and could actually help your team, then I’d seriously love it and play Mercy as much as I used to. As of now, all its good for is “oh, i guess i can escape this tracer or something”

2 Likes

I completely agree.
While her old ultimate felt like she was the hero Mercy now i can tell that i just see her like a totally regular medic with the exception that sometimes she can fly because reason. Even if they bring back the old phrase “Heroes never Die!” it would not be the same, it just feels ridiculus that in a game where many ults have game-changing mechanics (like mccree reaper zarya and so) the only ult that can counter one of these combos is just messed up with something that cannot compete with any of these DPS levels, like, come on. And moreover the game is taking a way of changes that makes it more competitive and E-sport like game, not like the beginning that you just had fun in a completely innovative and fresh game, with some unique playstyles.

What i’m trying to say are two things, to be short: the game is becoming something more focused on being balanced for competitive teams, more than being unique due to his unexpected kit of heroes, and that playing Mercy now just feels, like, normal? I’m not asking for a revamp for the old ult (thought it would be awesome) but i feel like that the old ult was way more counterable than the actual, where you have to aim like a bot to take her down (ik i’m bad at aiming). In less words: Mercy is just a Totally-Regular-Medic with some heals and a ress sometimes that just ends up like phara’s ult when you try to to it most of the times (JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABAAAAWH!)

2 Likes

So, I’ve been thinking. Mercy’s abilities are pretty much impossible when it comes to real science (specifically Resurrect), and I do believe that they are made specifically for gameplay purposes.

However, since many heroes are getting their own animated shorts, I’m beginning to worry that we may never be able to see one of our favorite heroes fully utilize her healing abilities or the use of Valkyrie in a Mercy animated short because of how complicated her abilities are. I personally, as well as many others, I’m sure, would love to see her in a battlefield being the guardian angel we know she is.

Now, here is my question to the developers at Blizzard. Is a Mercy animated short possible? if so, are you going to include her abilities?

Would love any kind of reply. Thanks!

What I had hoped in being vocal in these forums was that someone on the Overwatch team would read my personal feedback and acknowledge it (irrelevant if it was valid or not). As a paying and frequent supporter of Overwatch, I now realize that the game I once picked up with the excitement to play every hero has become unrecognizable.

While some changes can be good, and sometimes even vital for good game play, I wholeheartedly feel the recent changes have lost sight of what Overwatch was about. In a game that has a roster of 27 characters, I find it difficult to accept that only one specific team composition, at the highest competitive environment, is most viable on both attack and defense. Although a guided meta can be meaningful for good game logic, it can also destroy the identify of certain heroes without any real good consideration of how the game can evolve.

The reason I am posting this on the Mercy thread is because here it shows exactly how disconnected this game has started to feel. Historically I have never quit a game and joined a forum to take some sort of written action or inquiry to its gameplay changes. So, hopefully you might understand why I’m quite annoyed and why I’m tired of waiting for a response.

Whether it be the pressure to satisfy the pros, the OWL scene, or the other Overwatch communities - I feel my own personal experience has been neglected as both a player and a voice in this community. And for those reasons, this will be my last post.

I wish the Mercy community all the best and hope the Overwatch team takes their feedback more seriously in the future.

7 Likes

Ten thousand posts and no response. Not even a ‘We think she’s fine, go away.’ Really shows who they actually listen to.

1 Like

Personally this is the problem I feel, the E-Sport scene didn’t manifest naturally it was forced into existence. If it evolved naturally I feel that overwatch would be in a better place.

At least that’s my opinion on everything here.

3 Likes

But Moria has limits and Mercy has rez as am ability on top of GA. While Moira has unreliable orbs, Mercy brings her teammates back to life. That is the imbalance between the two, that is why Moira is weaker.

Also I’d say their healing evens out. Moira can do more, but bas restraints and is not as reliable.

Mercy does less, but is 100% reliable and has surefire means of getting to those she needs to heal with ease.

I legit can not get joy from playing as her anymore. Her rez feels horrible, her ultimate doesn’t even feel like an ultimate. She just overall feels so bad to play.

45 Likes