[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Mercy is really dead after this patch , brig has stun throw away shield good heal and armour, dmg and her ult is similar to mercy’s but without flying but + armour , almost every support can now outheal mercy , i thought valk can let mercy survive but when u get high nooned or that soldier with aimbot kills u or get killed by widow in middle of ur ult , u can understand the true meaning of useless , and ur healing done falls . Valk is the most useless ult in whole game and its not gamechanging at all, her hugh rez was the best ult . Nice balancing blizz .

10 Likes

Compare that to Nano Boost (50% damage boost, 50% damage mitigation, duration of 8 seconds, no buffs to Ana) and you will realize that would be ridiculously OP.

OP to save one teammate, unless heavily focused? Ana doesn’t have to stay focused on one teammate for nano boost to work, she can fire-and-forget, healing someone else.

60% damage boost (10% more than Nano boost), with healing more effective than damage mitigation, for almost twice the duration? Come on, that’s waaaay too strong.

2 Likes

Really dead? Brigitte will for sure be played and Pharah is a great counter for her, add a nice Mercy on top and you’re gucci.
I’m not going to comment on the rest of your message because it’s clear to me that you’re not open to comments.

Healing doesn’t save from burst damage, so Hanzo/Widowmaker can easily kill teammate through all those buffs. Damage resistance does.

And Valkyrie needs shorter time anyway, fights with ultimates don’t last that long.

A Widow head-shot would kill a Nano Boosted Genji just as much as a Valkyrie boosted Genji. Damage mitigation is very nice, but for extra boost and extra duration it’s just not good enough. Mercy also has the privilege of swapping target should hers die, a Nano Boosted target means the ult is dead.

They finally reverted that? Well, I think we will have some new meme material.

“Heroes never die!” The angel is lying.

And here is another contradiction. If they don’t want rez to be used in combat, it’s better to just let it go and wait for that single person to come running while you do your work and don’t risk your live needlessly.

Honestly, I have said that many times. Mercy’s problem is beyond balance. Nobody wants her op, but this design is not easy at all to balance and it has tons and tons of design issues like being extremely redundant and contradictory with the character. The only good change I can see for it is a new rework, giving her some kind of mass rez again and a new E ability for some mid fight utility. This design has reached a dead end. It’s not good nor healthy. Just change it. Bring us something good. Fortunately, the only things that need changes are E and Q, the rest are fine, so reworking her wouldn’t be that hard already.

9 Likes

So am I good to be resigned to the idea that Mercy just isn’t going to be fixed at some point? It’s been quite a while with not so much as a “we’re looking into it” from anyone. 10K+ posts without any comment is incredibly demoralizing and I’m starting to feel like I’m wasting my time here.

5 Likes

Mercy rework is trash tho

7 Likes

Considering we were promised a revert should the rework not work only to be told that’s just not happening, I never really held any hope that any nerfs to Valkyrie would ever be changed anytime soon. At earliest she might get some fixes later this year, more likely this time next year. Maybe a token fix might happen before then.

Even a token fix would be appreciated at this point. I’m really tired of the silent treatment at this point.

2 Likes

10,394 comments here. 5000+ on the old forums. They haven’t said anything still? With the release of Moira and Brigitte? … The Mei, Reaper and Sombra buffs?

Surely they won’t just leave Mercy this way?

She’s less useful than a health pack. Especially when the new healers can DEFEND THEMSELVES tremendously WHILE healing their whole team still?

3 Likes

Please blizzard mercy at the moment is the most boring support hero to play.I honestly cant find any reason to play mercy over any other support.Like what can mercy do?Perform a rez every once in awhile,that is not even comparable to what brigeete or moira can do at the moment.You cant just ignore roughly 25k comments from whose the majority suggested a revert or a second rework (which in my opinion is the only way out this mess).Or even just a buff,anything is acceptable at the moment,the impact of valkyrie is close to zero,we cant trust you anymore with anything as it seems

7 Likes

Strong single target buffs are sadly things that helps with spreading of Genji disease. Honestly, Gengo with Harmony is enough to ruin the mood. Gengo with Nano doesn’t even need to be described. I honestly do not want to see yet another tool to make him even more abusive than he currently is.

It’s almost like they’re spending some time working on the other heroes in the game. I think sometimes Mercy players forget there’s 26 other heroes that need attention too.

Less useful than a health pack? You’re kidding right? Mercy has GA to ‘defend’ herself which fits her more defensive style kit. Moira and Brig kits are more geared towards brawling with the enemy so they can stand their ground a bit more.

Want to know something. I’d rather have a Sym one trick as my only support than one Mercy cause I know Sym in every way is better than what Mercy is now.

1 Like

(Raw Concept) Mercy 3.0
Ultimate Suggestion (25 march 2018)

RESURRECT as Ultimate abililty (Defensive Ultimate)

• Area RESURRECT : 5 x 3 or 3 x 5, shaped Box / square
  • max RESURRECT : 3 player
  • Duration: 15 second
  • Resurrect Casting time : 0,7 second - 1.65 second,
  • Resurrect max range: 5 meter from target, resurrect can’t be use behind wall

Ultimate Condition

1. Mercy get interrupted / get push back from max range resurrect when casting time active will reduce Total player to resurrect by 1, and mercy Player can’t resurrect the target team mate for 3 second
  2. Mercy player press Q, in the first 5 second mercy player can’t use RESURRECT ability, max player to resurrect become 2 player. After 10 second mercy player still can’t use Resurrect max player to resurrect become 1 player
  3. Mercy player success to resurrect 1 team mate after Mercy player Press Q, max player to resurrect become 2 and ultimate duration lost 3 second duration
  4. Don’t have Cain healing / boost beam ability or valkrie in ultimate ,Pure Resurrect ability

Valkrie as Ultimate Ability (Hybrid Ultime)

• same condition with the Mercy Ultimate in live server,only Cain healing / boost beam become one for 5 second duration with ability to

and for Ultimate Ability for Offensive mode still in process

Note:

• the reason why i give this information to give some update
    (need some rest, i can’t continue to read all post for today ,stuck in 10065)
  • Every number that i use in duration,cast time,range and area just raw concept. Can be change in the future

For Moderator, please help me fix my grammar and word :sweat_smile: so there is no misunderstanding between the overwatch of players

For Everyone please be patient :sweat_smile:

Mercy has no Ult anymore…
Buff Mercy.

9 Likes

Hey, more cookies :smiley: