[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Fun > Balance. It’s a game. No one gives a crap about the Overwatch league if they don’t enjoy the game.

No people interested in playing the game = no one is interested in the esport scene of said game.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why people seem to think that pick-rate = how good a character is. You people don’t seem to understand that she’s ONE of THREE choices for the role she fills, not ONE of SIXTEEN like there are for DPS.

5 Likes

If it doesn’t counter dps ults. And it doesn’t provide enough to healing to at least force the enemy team to either focus Mercy down or focus fire a single target at a time. What does it do?

It certainly isn’t very useful for damage boosting. It certainly doesn’t increase the average Mercys healing per game. Going battle Mercy is effectively just a different way of causing the original hide and res problem. At the end of the day its an ultimate that does nothing useful. The chain heals are mediocre at best. You get very little time during those 15secs to use the damage boost. Unless you want to sacrifice a teammate or two.

Resurrect has gone full circle and become hide and res again. With the only difference being your teammate has to die where you can hide.

Do I think the current Mercy is underpowered? Yes. Yes I do.

Valk needs some serious reworking and or buffs. I don’t even care if they completely ditch resurrect at this point. Mercy should be a threat when she uses her ult. Right now she can be completely ignored and you can do just fine. You don’t even need to wait it out. Valk just sits there as an over confidence boost to the team with Mercy.

4 Likes

She is BORING, she is not fine.
A game is supposed to be funny.

2 Likes

She’s still the 3rd most picked hero in Overwatch. So, a lot of people are choosing to spend their free time playing her. Just because you and a few other vocal posters here insist she’s objectively BORING doesn’t make it so.

I’ll quote myself from above.

“I don’t understand why people seem to think that pick-rate = how good a character is. You people don’t seem to understand that she’s ONE of THREE choices for the role she fills, not ONE of SIXTEEN like there are for DPS.”

2 Likes

We are not a few.
If someone finds her still funny, good for them. For me she doesn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

Because pick rate is still a more reliable indicator than your personal opinion.

I don’t know if you can read, but nothing I said is opinion.

1 Like

Percentages mean nothing when the pool of options differs. There are 5 healers. Every team runs 2. It doesn’t matter how balanced she is, she’ll get play time due to lack of optIons.

4 Likes

If she was too BORING, though, she’d get the least play time out of those 5. And that’s not even remotely close to true.

I think it’s pretty easy to infer your opinion. But if you think I’m wrong, why don’t you clarify for me. Why are you posting in this thread? If you think that Mercy should be “on the table”, why?

Isn’t it a shame most people pick which hero they feel is useful given the situation, rather than what they consider more fun?
If fun had a real tangible effect on pick rate… it’d be almost as if people’s opinions would be validated, despite you trying to state that opinions have nothing to do with pick-rate.
Make up your mind.

1 Like

You’re trying to infer my opinion from me presenting a fact that counters your argument? What? If you made a coherent argument for me to discuss with you, then maybe I’d post something that you really could infer my opinion from.

Huh? Maybe you’re the one who can’t read. Where did I say that?

I asked you a direct question and instead you’re dancing around it. Clearly all I’m left to do is infer your opinions, so yeah. That’s what I’m doing. Again, it’s not so hard. Let me try it here: You don’t think Mercy is fun and Blizzard should do something about it. Am I in the ballpark? It’s like psychic wizardry, right?

She is the most consistent main healer. She will still see play time purely because of that. Does that mean the people picking her up are enjoying her? Maybe. It’s not like it can be quantified easily. At least not without surveying the entire player base which just won’t happen.

I can still enjoy Mercy but, only when I don’t use resurrect or Valk. Her base kit is still fun and it seems most people who post agree with this kind of sentiment.

2 Likes

AND I QUOTE
"Because pick rate is still a more reliable indicator than your personal opinion."

Probably because with that question, you are making a pretty dumb assumption. The assumption that because I’m posting on the thread, I must agree with the OP.

That’s because you’re trying to have a conversation with me. I was merely correcting what you had said, bluntly. You had a problem with that. Not my problem.

No, you’re not in the ballpark. It’s not like psychic wizardry. Stop trying.

At high ranks it very much is.