[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Plenty of people, myself included, think Mercy is a good hero. Many just think she’s “boring” and her ult is “unimpactful.”

And Jeff has already answered, they have no plans reverting/bringing back the old mass rez.

Sorry, but the only ones who think she’s F-tier are the ones who don’t understand her role. She wasn’t meant to be a rez-bot; having 1-2 instant rezzes while in Valk was damn OP and made her a 100% pick-rate. She has great mobility and the most consistent high heals. Moira and even Ana have the potential to surpass her, sure, but Mercy’s healing isn’t held back by a resource meter or reloading+aiming.

Can’t move on until they fix the mess they made. :frowning:

14 Likes

Its not a mess though. shes the most balanced shes been since the rework. shes not a must pick anymore and shes not useless.

2 Likes

I’ll agree that current Mercy is the most balanced she’s been since the rework crisis but her kit isn’t nearly as good as Mercy 1.0. They’ve got a lot of work to do before that can meet that level of fun and potential impact.

10 Likes

Resurrect does not belong in OW in any form.

I hope they remove it entirely.

2 Likes

I hope they bring it back in some form. It was the most satisfaction I’ve had in this game.

10 Likes

And it’s the most frustration everyone else had.

2 Likes

No, it honestly seems like some weird pride thing. The dev team would rather bring in a broken/worse ability and spend half a year to fix it rather than bringing old abilities or builds of characters back. I don’t see why, it seems counter-intuitive to me.

4 Likes

You say that yet…

Flying isn’t Pharah’s ultimate

13 Likes

I dunno about that. I never had a problem with it happening on the enemy team. All part of the joy of the game for me. The variation in ults is one of the things made OW interesting and “Heroes Never Die!” was unique.

6 Likes

no one likes the new playstyle. its just not rewarding.

9 Likes

Technically, while some might see this as splitting hairs, all they’ve said is there’s no plans for a revert, not that Mass Rez had zero chance of ever coming back.

And fairly speaking, few people are actually asking for revert when they cry #RevertMercy, they’re actually asking for a rework that keeps (and tweaks) mass rez as the ultimate and changes Valkyrie into some sort of E ability.

And whether Valkyrie is powerful or weak, if “unfun” was a valid enough reason to trigger the initial rework to a statistically balanced hero, it’s a valid argument why she should be reworked again.

20 Likes

jeff said that they dont, but that doesnt mean we have to stop asking for a revert. so many people cried and whined for a nerf even though she was in a balanced state. so why do we have to stop asking for a revert now that she is considered “balanced”?

#ReveryMercy

13 Likes

it was never really that bad, just kill the mercy or its another team fight. its very similar to sym’s tele other than the fact that you don’t have to be in the middle of the fight to use it.

6 Likes

I would like to see it brought back in Custom Games. I loved the old Mercy Boxing games where you just kept rezzing your whole team.

2 Likes

It was never really that bad???

Did you watch stage 1 of the OWL? Mercy res was horrible. Players would make great plays, get cool picks, but it meant nothing because mercy was there to undo mistakes.

Resurrect is not a good ability for a game where deaths should be meaningful.

There is a reason -everyone- except for mercy mains wanted resurrect nerfed.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with Mercy’s new, more utilitarian purpose. It gives her a unique, defined purpose no other healers have.

are you talking about the 1.0 Mass rez Mercy or the reworked Mercy?

I was talking about the old rez

5 Likes

We’re talking about Mercy 1.0, which Mercy are you talking about, 2.0?

5 Likes