[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

She has a 150 HP burst healing with her repair pack, and the repair pack supports overhealing as the exceeding health is converted to armor. She has a lower HPS, but considering she can also block incoming damage with her shield and the repair pack being auto aim at a long range I think she may very well have a pretty decent combination to make her a good healer.

she is a super high skill class, but when an Ana is good there are few who can beat her. I think her only drawback is on clutch heals when someone else steps in front of the shot. You can have the best aim in the world, and someone else could still mess it up for you.

And now there is no point to choose Ana. There are easier supports to play, and usually they are giving more than Ana, who requires really high skill to be amazing.

I wouldn’t say that. She is super helpful for Roadhogs and a great counter to a team with good healers. Her sleep dart also counters a good chunk of Ults which can be invaluable.

Yup. 2016 I watched so many matches of World Cup streamed from Blizzcon. I was buying lootboxes for almost every event. I was watching OW-content-centric players on YouTube.

Then they dropped this rework, and the subsequent ignoring of the player-base.

2017 Blizzcon - no watched World Cup matches. No more loot boxes bought. No more watching the YouTubers (I just recently checked on those that I watched - few are doing OW stuff any more). All those $$$ gone. Because of pride. Because of ignorance. Because of willful disregard to their casual player-base.

OWL? Who cares. I probably would have been a huge fan. But because the devs decided that it was more important than the people who bought the game, this person who bought the game felt my dollars going somewhere else was more important than OWL.

Sure, I still play the game. Because it’s something fun with my friends. Especially the ones a great distance away. But I no longer spend money on it. And if something better comes along, we (my friends and I) will go there and say goodbye to Blizz.

3 Likes

You know… being Mercy is painful. And soon, when Brigitte is live, it will be really, really painful. Other heroes buffs, however necessary, are indirect nerfs to Mercy. But she deserved it, right?

She is no more 1-star hero. And don’t give me bull about no aim stuff… She’s enemy’s primary target, you being being harassed by everyone (because, as usual, no one cares about you), your flimsy res is so lovely balanced and counterable by so many things. Any random ability can disrupt your work. You don’t have any space, you must be aware all the time.

But still, that’s not enough for dps mains. Because you are still a character who should be nerfed more. They with the alliance with devs will suck all the fun you can get by playing Mercy, and they will call it “balance”.

And nothing will change here. They will only sit and watch the events. So hope you enjoy being hunted. You’ll all have it a lot now.

4 Likes

Which is why it takes a Mercy player to understand a Mercy player and know how to take her down… that is why I show no mercy to an enemy Mercy… she is better off dead than she is alive.

No other support is as strong as her when Healing… killing her cripples the team… Brigitte Heals are a bit meh… she has the burst but a bit meh… Moira is aggressive on attack but if she attacks… she isn’t healing.

Why is it that a DPS or Tank can have the ability to wipe the entire enemy team with a Dva bomb, pulse bomb, deathblossom etc. while Mercy can’t resurrect her team and win a team fight? It’s practically the same thing as pressing Q to kill the enemy team. I know that the enemy team invested ultimates to wipe the Mercy’s allies, but other dps heroes can also pull off clutch ults like a 6 man deathblossom on Overtime on the second point of Temple of Anubis.

Characters like Dva and Sombra can completely shut down enemy ultimates, Zenyatta and lucio’s ults can provide huge utility for their team to survive through multiple ultimates etc.

I know that “it isn’t fair for a team to kill the whole enemy team for a Mercy behind a wall to just click Q to negate all the hard work”, but why didn’t the Overwatch team just try out a cast time to the resurrect with los in the first place.
There were just so many other ways the Dev team could have fixed Mercy, but now she is like this: Plain bland.
I just hope that they can fix her again.

7 Likes

You know there is a part of me that wants to post something insanely against the code of conduct just to test if anyone actually reads this thread. It’d be funny as all heck.

ON a more serious note, if we MUST try to fix valk Mercy then we need to nerf the duration and remove the bonus self healing. This alone would make it more enjoyable for me beause I hate popping valk due to how clunky it feels and how much harder it makes Mercy to kill (a hero who’s mobility is their only defence should not be that hard to kill in my opinion, especially for entire fights at a time)

And then we relocate the free’d up power budget. If the ult only lasted 8 seconds then it would actually be balanced if we merged the beams and buffed them slightly (120 HPS on everyone and 30% damage boost)
This would add the power back to the ult without being OP

Mercy’s Old Rez was one of the best things ever seen by Overwatch and then it was sadly removed so I just want to know does Jeff have any plans to ever Bring back her old Ultimate because no one clearly think mercy is a good hero now and if you did make her Huge rez her Normal ult the could just have a smaller Range on it and only be able Rez around 4 people. We want answers Jeff Cause you said we’d Love the new Mercy. Her new ult now pretty much just makes her Fly because of all the nerfs shes recently had.

59 Likes

I don’t remember Mercy 1.0 being a must pick in every situation and that certainly wasn’t why she was changed. She was barely played at higher levels and her Rez was usually used to pick up 2 or 3 people at a time.

40 Likes

Seriously when will this die? They didn’t like the playstyle, they didn’t like how it felt for either person. So it was changed. They noted it’s not coming back, period. Her ultimate making her fly is extremely powerful. Think how hard it is to hit Pharah as Junkrat, yeah, that on a Support for 15 seconds (usual teamfight duration) is incredibly powerful because it increases her survivability tenfold and not being able to focus down and take out Supports is something really difficult to push into.

27 Likes

Jeff stated in a post a couple weeks back on the old forums that the old Mercy rez is not coming back, sorry to disappoint you. If you do a little digging you can probably find it, I’m just too lazy to link it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Really? I thought I heard the reason being something like that.

And I remember many people in the past complaining about how often they see Mercy and how OP rez was.

Well whatever, sorry for assuming

The old rez was indeed very cool and unique. A shame that they removed it because the SR system is shi*.

18 Likes

That’s the recent Valkyrie Mercy before the nerfs. Anyone saying Huge Rez Mercy 1.0 was broken and a must pick is completely wrong. She was barely played in higher ranks, but had an above average pick rate in lower tiers because of her consistent healing (can’t miss) and popularity as a character.

23 Likes

She was never a must pick. She was F-tier like now, but she had ONLY the 5 rez to be usefull for her team unlike others heroes that can attack etc.

11 Likes

No worries. Mercy has been chopped up and reworked a lot during this character crisis. It’s hard to keep track of all the changes they’ve done to her but it is important that we do so to prevent the original Mercy and “Heroes Never Die!” from being forgotten.

2 Likes

can you please just MOVE ON. I was fighting for the revert now but honestly this nerf is fine and we’ve been fighting for it since forever ago.

2 Likes

Oh yeah the original rez where you were locked into place with no invulnerability was the best form of it. Was usually a trade of Mercy for a few other heroes.

The addition of invulnerability during resurrect is what really kicked things off down this path. I do not want that back in the least.

1 Like