[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Its only an advantage if you don’t get counter pick plus Mercy advantage in Valk is the very fact she can regenerate but any Mercy player with common sense will know how to counter her… can’t vouch for the DPS community because most don’t bother…

You basically just point Moira’s ult at Mercy or you use Tact visor or Dead eye or that epic tracking snipe shot as Widow.

But yes for Pharah… she can be easily dealt with by a Hit scan or a D.Va adding pressure. problem is… people ignore her or Pharah keeps ducking out…

At the moment what the community is fundamentally lack in knowledge… is how to deal and counter Mercy in base and in valk mode.

It is undeniable that most DPS will not go for us… and in Valkyrie most don’t even know how to counter us.

3 Likes

I’m just disappointed in the direction the game is going… why play this when I can play call of duty or battlefield? I used to play it because of the unique cast of characters and abilities but the balance team has driven me away… why? Because of the inept decisions being made.

What’s happened here would be the same if Call of Duty and Battlefield developers told the player base that sniper rifles can no longer get a one hit kill, the semi auto sniper would take three to four hits and the bolt action would take two to three hits, head shots do not decrease the time to kill. A lot of players would be upset by these changes, especially the players who run sniper load outs. While bad balance changes do occur in those games, they stay true to one thing, sniper rifles will be able to obtain a one hit kill at all ranges. Shot guns will dominate short range combat. Sub machine guns will dominate short to medium range combat. Assault rifles will dominate medium to long range combat. Snipers will dominate long range combat. Light machine guns will dominate medium to long range combat and are great for defending the point from multiple enemies thanks to the large magazine.

Blizzard has proven they are not going to stick to that template with the way they balance and re-work characters, this game feels like it is still in its beta stage.

5 Likes

This is why what happened in the past changes for Mercy is getting worsened enough to play with. So I decided to keep playing Mercy as a main for challenging and strategic focus upon on. Ultimate ability Valkyrie is fine when I flying around, single team to resurrect and kill enemy team while flying around the direction.

I want the old ultimate. Heroes never die !
Not I will watch over you as u die.

10 Likes

It won’t happen, sorry. Jeff himself said that, perhaps long way down the road but not at the moment.

Also, incoming thread lock.

2 Likes

Before reading this, just want to say that my post below is resulted by this already locked and moved thread:

Well, you are brave and also a bit foolish.

Jeff put the final word into the matter weeks ago, let me rephrase what he wrote:

“No, we won’t revert Mercy, please drop this request for good.”

Incoming lock, goodbye, glad to have a talk with you.

1 Like

Let me think about it.

Blizzard has already stated they aren’t gonna revert her.

Give it a rest

Lmao, I agree! I loved the old Mercy soo much

9 Likes

Ok i thought about it and my choice is no.

1 Like

maan, How can people forget how f***ed up the old rez was, so soon???
Do you really mis those 4 man rezzes, after you wiped the enemy team with ult combos, so much???

Heroes never die, but heroes also try not to make the same mistakes again. I’m sorry Overwatch had to be more serious about hero balancing, but old Mercy was some of the most ridiculous fun I’ve had playing the game. I accept her leave as much as I respect it.

1 Like

Guess that’s why devs made this thread just to lock it. Yeah, sounds like a good plan xd

No… the dev moved my post from this: us(dot)forums(dot)blizzard(dot)com(slash)en(slash)overwatch(slash)t(slash)revert-mercy-please(slash)6839(slash)3

The OP screamed for revert Mercy. The devs moved it.

Uh… Well, my apologies then. You were right then.

And your post here was kinda confusing.

Edited it, so no one think I am crazy.

Yeah, now it looks much better.

Yes, because it was YOUR fault for not killing Mercy or baiting her ult. And, unlike current Mercy, resurrect as ultimate was not countering picks(which got many complains from players as “unfun” way to undo all work by flanker/sniper), but only multiple deaths at nearly same moment.

2 Likes

Its actually still early days… Mercy is on a definate decline… unless she continues to statistically drop like Roadhog going top 10 picks to bottom 5, living down there with Orisa, Sombra, Mei, Torb and Bastion… then they won’t really touch her… but she has to continue dropping for any immediate actions to be taken…

If she stabilise at the predicted value of 7~8% then she can be considered… stable for now and then rework some tweaks to improve quality of life.

Jeff’s comment came off too harsh… when he said there won’t be a rework that is sheer hypocrisy as some heroes have been reworked back to their default state.

Make ressurection earnable again like a second ultimate and give her a compompletly new ult or fix valk j e e z

1 Like