[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Yep, you really have to go battle Mercy if you want more on fire or that potg. I play Mercy because i don’t want to kill stuff for having an impact. It worked before, but not anymore with Val.

1 Like

When it comes to Mercy, it would be really nice to be rewarded by doing your job, which in that case would be healing and damage boosting (occasionally reses).

But the system doesn’t work that way. It encourage eliminations which good Mercy will have on a very low number. I wonder if there’s any way it could reward Mercy for being… Mercy, and necessarily being Bird Lady’s life support only.

2 Likes

Ooo finally a change in the Overall Competitive Pick Rate ranking

Moira 1st with 9.43%
D.Va 2nd with 9.35%
Mercy 3rd with 9.15%

4th to 10th have been changing Per month but Reinhardt the previous and consistent 1st place King before Mercy took over as the reigning Queen is at 6.05% across all tiers of comp.

So what does this mean so far Mercy is declining with version 3.1 in the 4 weeks she was live.

Version 2.4/3.0 and the general 2.1 and 2.3 that were on the live servers, bough Mercy up to an all time high of 14.5~14.8% pick rate which no other heroes had.

Now the 5% that dropped off could very well be Mercy fill, players who are filling in as Mercy.

Now the funny thing is… Ana and Zen havent risen in pick rates… infact they are still stable… Lucio has taken a definate plummet and Moira has taken a massive rise meaning people are going over to Moira more from Mercy and Lucio and players and the support fills.

Mercy current pick rate is in line with what she had pre 2.0 where she was 3rd, usually competing with Ana for 2nd and Reinhardt holding strong in 1st… around over 8 months ago.

If she continues to plummet at this rate and drops off the top 10 most picked heroes across all tiers, it can be safe to say this change was an utter failure of a rework.

At this rate if Mercy loses more picks, those are the Mercy mains eithe turning away from Mercy or not returning to the game

1 Like

To qualify as a good elimination Mercy you only need to land 2k damage and get 10 kills. Its not massive but thats all there is to it.

Truee this is an issue that has no clear answer. The majority would prefer a refund, or like make valk have an even shorter time for more potency or something, there’s tons of ideas out there.
I’m almost convinced that blizz won’t really do anything to her any time soon though.

Post Preamble:

Give it a read, it won’t hurt you _:wink:

An idea for a better Mass Rez and “E” ability that rewards good play and discourages poor play:

My thoughts from another topic:

Also:

6 Likes

Funfact: she was 9.30% when I first saw today’s Monthly. And within minutes from your post, Mercy fell another 0.01%.

1 Like

My point on ur first quete was…
Mercy 1.0 had the famous 5 man res. AOE resurection had a great impact in the fight… Mercy 2.0 - she lost the res as ultimate but got the aoe healing which is faire trade . Mercy 1.0 and 2.0 could do a lot of their team m8s. Mercy as it is now can’t do as much, just heal and hide. 5 man res was the stronger ultimate in the game now she has the weakest… thats not balance at all…

4 Likes

As a agressive battle mercy from the 1.0 era i will say this, getting on fire isnt hard… infact the top 1 percentile in just the catergory of Elimination and Damage done is just 10 elims and 2k damage.

Its an uncontested area because even the top tier Mercy dont pistol whip… but its not a value worth farming for SR… yes the system will recognaise it but at same time its not something Mercy should be doing hence why there is a competition for getting Most res done on average per gamr

1 Like

Those 9% might be Mercy mains.
I am a Mercy main and even with these nerfs I still can’t stop playing her. She is my main after all.

2 Likes

She was 9.38 last night for me… to be fair the drop means even more people are turning off Mercy now at a quicker rate than they were at the end of 2.4/3.0

Yes but the problem is, you have to be worth it… if you keep dying and sre redundant you are just an extra mouth to feed.

Hence the passive Mercy are fine with her… but yeah… Mercy is still viable… she always will be… but its a matter of is she genuinely required for the team and can you climb with her in her current state

I have to agree with most posters: Mercy is simply not fun to be play. I really think she should be able to use her pistol and staff at the same time. Think of it as a dual wield; just hold E to use staff over the pistol. Also increase the pistol projectile speed please (would love hit scan).

Her ult really should reset Rez and give her an instant Rez. I see no problem with her using a slow Rez, ulting and getting another Rez off. Right now she might Rez someone, during her ult, if she doesn’t get focused and/or hasn’t just rezzed someone recently but she’s mostly a semi-hard to hit annoyance ATM. I’ve contested points in her ult, but it’s super risky against any AoE enemies.

As a side note I loved Mercy when she was OP because that guaranteed a healer in games. Now it’s back to “I guess I’ll play healer for the millionth time because no one else ever does” or have my one buddy who plays Zen solo heal (doesn’t work). :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t play Comp that much, I need a rest from it.
Normally I play qp and now CTF or CTF comp. A person once told me to switch off Mercy before the match even started. :confused:

The dual usage of Pistol and Healing would be clunky and truth be told would you lile to face a 2v1 with Mercy being able to shoot and heal…

Not to mention her pistol is pretty good…

Like honestly… next time you find a team mate failing to kill something and fight just dragging out, swap to pistol and help assist in a double team

Yeah Mercy is like bait for toxicity… hope Blizzard will fix that

I know that it is not hard to get on fire with Mercy even without res. It just takes a s*** ton of work which is not always available and like you said killing stuff is not the best way to play Mercy.

I played more the fast pacing Mercy before the rewok and that felt very good and impactful with the old res Ult. Resulted in a very good on fire rate as well (around 13%).

I’m still just as impactful with res and her base kit. But she has no on fire kicker with Valkyrie. Which is a problem with that playstyle.

Super terrible idea, probably worth a laugh for suggesting it and nothing more, but what if Mercy’s rez required taking health from nearby allies, similar to Spiritlink Totem in WoW, where everyone in the radius of the totem gets their health equalised, percentage wise, with everyone else, and then the dead hero comes back with that percentage of health. It would make rezzing a team effort, and the rezzed hero(s) wouldn’t come back with full health. Could be combo’d with Ana’s nade or Lucio’s existence to help recover.

idk, laugh me out or something.

Mercy is an healer not a necromancer xD

I’ve done that many times. I still feel like she’s overshadowed by all the other healers right now. Rez is good but just not fun. How do you even get a POTG with her anymore anyways?

1 Like