Fed up with LGBT thread hijacking

http://cdn.smosh.com/wp-content/uploads/bloguploads/u-mad-2.jpg

2 Likes

I did one and got suspended for a day

Why is this flagged? It’s all tea henny

6 Likes

Please explain how a first person shooter character’s sexuality is relevant in any way to the gameplay. Seriously, the devs already do a really poor job at balancing most heroes and making the meta consistent, you want them to waste time with things like this?

4 Likes

Good thing the general discussion board also covers lore, under which a character’s sexuality falls under.

5 Likes

Getting real tired of telling people how the people who work on balance, don’t work on things like this

It’s a common sense thing really

3 Likes

What’s the point of saying you’re gay in the first place, never heard of people coming on the forums and randomly commenting “yeah I’m straight”

6 Likes

Doesn’t change the fact that they clearly need more active people who play and understand the game and their characters at a high enough level working on balancing. There is no point in having extra money dedicated to irrelevant things like this when the game’s balance is complete trash and they don’t know what to do with most heroes.

Psst, the writing team already exists and is different than the balancing team. Furthermore, we’re capable of being concerned about multiple things at once! For instance, I want more gay characters AND I want Hanzo to be balanced!

7 Likes

Looks like someone who wants to feel special and be treated in a special way.
I bet everywhere he goes he just plants a flag and says “This is my special place now, for me and my people !”

2 Likes

That’s a big lol my friend. These, as you call them, “snowflakes” or, as I call them, people who got tired of being discriminated, oppressed and abused have always existed. It’s just that in the past, we’d get murdered if we said anything about it, while today we can actually speak against oppression in relative safety. I’m not really sorry if speaking against oppression bothers you. Seems to me the real snowflakes here are people who get offended when their position of power is challenged.

“But I used to be able to troll and abuse people and face no consequences! These snowflakes are ruining our civilisation!”
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

7 Likes

Saying “make genji gay” won’t exactly mean you’ll get less discrimination

Most people who go into these threads are just saying “I don’t care if a hero is gay, as long as it is handled well, like Tracer” and the peoplle who started the post hear “I don’t want any gay hero’s in the game!”, leading to a massive argument over a miss interpretation, which will quickly fall into insults and stupidity on both sides.

3 Likes

Between the arguments and replies in the first post, it’s like every LGBT thread summed up(well, at least for the first couple “pages” or so).

Could this be it, folks??? Could…could this be the fabled LGBT megathread?

Lgbt megathread number 14

3 Likes

The entire situation has turned into a meme now. I’m seeing it a ton in Twitch chat. Is such and such LBGT?

1 Like

Straw-man. Not wanting them shoehorned into a game is caring about them, in a way.

Another straw-man.
We care, that’s why we’re butting in. To make sure our voice is heard on this issue. Because we care about characters being added simply to pander to a very, very small, but vocal, minority.

If you were really truly proud of your sexuality wouldn’t you not need to be validated by arbitrary representation? Not one of the posters has honestly answered this question.

Just because you don’t accept it as a reason doesn’t make it not a reason. People don’t want forced diversity and that’s perfectly fine. We’re not reaching for anything and we’re not creating any problem where there isn’t one.

We perceive a subset of the community that thinks, for some reason, that they deserve to be pandered too instead of the thousands of other minorities that have, literally, no representation whilst the mascot of the game is gay.

Very well, I will try again and very successfully. Although your bias and position will, inevitably, prevent you from seeing or accepting this.

The “realistic” argument is bunk, you’re right, but the argument that isn’t bunk is:
let the devs make the game they want and they will add whatever diversity they want.
By your own examples we see the game is very diverse. Why add another LGBT hero when we could make it more diverse by adding something else? Say, an atheist hero?

Right, and not all heroes are released. They already announced the mascot of the game is gay. Yet that isn’t enough.
Every thread I see about this HINGES on this one quote.

Let them release it when they want to. You’re unfairly characterizing each of these threads as perfectly reasonably requests when most of them, that I see, are along the lines of a demand. Or it’s implied as a need when it isn’t a need.

This is just another straw-man. You don’t know what other people flag. I’m tired of these threads clogging the forums, but I’ve never flagged any post. Also, I have never seen one of these threads that was as simple as “hey so when will we know more about who the other heroes are?”.

You have to realize that most of these threads, yours included, are so far removed from this quote that it’s dishonest to even make the comparison.

Mercy threads were flooding the forums and they made a Mercy thread. They could easily do that with the LGBT hero suggestions.

Diversity is a myth and so is forced diversity? Oh man, lets keep reading.
Firstly, diversity is not a myth, to say otherwise is simply asinine. Groups of people look different and have distinct features that set them apart.
Mix these groups together and you get diversity.

FORCE these groups to mix and you have FORCED diversity.
Not a hard concept.

People were angry at the new ghost busters because it was an obvious attempt to pander to the feminist crowd and was generally a bad movie. People, strangely enough, don’t like politics in their movies.
The same is true for video games

Go figure.

You’re going to honestly claim that Times Square in New York is an accurate representation of what the world looks like?
When Japan is nearly 99% ethnic Japanese?
When some parts of Europe are nearly 100% white?
When many parts of Africa are nearly 100% black?

You’re not helping your case with spurious arguments and comparisons like this.

So I’m bored of pointing out your straw-man arguments and fallacious comparisons. The rest of the post is equally unfounded.

LET THE DEVELOPERS DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR ART

STOP TELLING THEM WHAT THEY SHOULD OR SHOULDN’T DO AND JUST LET THEM MAKE THE GAME PLEASE

16 Likes

So by your logic if I talk about my boyfriend or my life and in any way reveal I’m LGBT then it’s the equivalent of coming on the forums and saying “yah I’m straight”. You should really wear a helmet if you’re going to be practicing those kind of mental backflips.

5 Likes

NO.

MAKE YOUR OWN POST. WE’RE TALKING ABOUT THIS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Have a nice night. :heart:

5 Likes

The way you said it it seemed like you meant the forums. You need to express yourself more clearly