Failed to earn Contenders Symmetra or Mercy skins? IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCED!

heya. i waited a few days and also did the pass reset. there was about only one day of streams i didnt watch so i should be eligible. help please? will this be able to be fixed?

I’d like to chime in here as well.
I’ve received the Symmetra skins, but not the Mercy skins, even though I’ve watched at least 18 hours of streaming.
Watched all the EU streams + some parts of the US streams (October 28 - 31), using Firefox. Green dot was present, made exceptions for the Overwatch Contenders website, etc.
Been in contact with Blizzard Support, and linked to this forum post, but they emphasized that there is nothing they can do to give the skins as a GM.

Thank you so much for investigating this issue!

1 Like

I can confirm I’ve already got both Torb and Lucio’s skins after watching live streams in English and Spanish during this last weekend.

The only one I still miss is Mercy’s, who sadly is one of my main characters :frowning:

I watched all the streams in October and got the mercy skin on the last stream so maybe either my contenders stream was bugged or everyone’s contenders streams weren’t giving drops on certain streams

It’s a big disappointment that there still hasn’t been any word from Blizzard on the issue…

7 Likes

Par for the course with Blizzard these days.

Hi there,

Below are the streams that I watched for the contender’s rewards.

• October 20th @ 2 PM PDT - [South America Week 4 Semifinals and Finals ] - Total time: 5:39:10
  • October 22nd @ 3 AM PDT - [Korea Grand Finals] - Total time: 4:01:03
  • October 25th @ 5 PM PDT - [China Week 4 Semifinals, 3rd Place, and Finals - Total time: 6:51:35
  • October 28th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1 ]
  • October 28th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1 ] - EU & NA Combined Time: 9:19:30
  • October 29th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1 ])
  • October 29th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1 ] - EU & NA Combined Time: 7:40:30

I have watched well over the amount required and I received the Symmetra skins for both away and home, but there is nothing for Mercy. Hopefully there is something that can be done to fix this, and I can get the Mercy skins.

pretty certain I “watched” more than 20 hours in October, with the green dot/no adblock

have the Sym skin but not the Mercy one

Similar situation, was trying to wait to see if not receiving the skins was a mistake. Watched on Edge Browser, mostly on the China finals and collegiate. Even discounting the college matches though, I should have hit the markers. Thanks in advance for the help!

I’m missing the mercy skin
Chrome, windows, contenders site
Was always logged in, had the green dot.
I watched every game in the last 5 days of the month, along with a few other days before that.

2 Likes

I’ve went and updated my ticket, because I had viewed the last several streams via headphones on the mobile browser. If I had been missing multiple skins, then I would see that I had an issue, but with just the Mercy skin missing and with being able to see my YouTube history on my account, I’m still puzzled.

1 Like

Thanks for this update. Right now it just seems like all the time viewing has been wasted, and the answers given by the GM’s haven’t been too informative, but I understand that it’s outside their range, but just someone can at least address it properly.

3 Likes

This whole thing has been such a downer. I’ve lost the will to play because of something so stupid.

3 Likes

watched all of these streams, had green dot when it was avaliable
refreshed cookies, and had nothing else running
windows, chrome.

• October 21th @ 9 AM PDT - [korea grand finals]
  • October 25th @ 5 PM PDT - [China Week 4 Semifinals, 3rd Place, and Finals
  • October 28th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1]
  • October 29th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1]
  • October 29th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1]
  • October 30th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2]
  • October 30th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2]
  • October 31st @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2]
  • October 31st @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2]

Well, I feel like I got completely ignored like trash about this issue tbh. They dont say anything or do ANYTHING. This is not out of their reach, they CAN help with this issue but they prefer to ignore it. They have not stepped up and said anything about how they plan to fix this. I have got all of my skins with no issues except the Mercy one. Its like, I buy this game and the support I get for it its SO little. Is just a skin the tinted with contenders colors. Is not Legendary, it doesn’t have special effects or anything… How hard can it be? Jeff can you hear me???

1 Like

Well, tomorrow will be two weeks into November. I’m losing hope in getting a fix. They truly made the process more complicated for everyone involved by not having a tracker, since not even support can see exactly how many hours we watched. It’s sad because I was genuinely interested in watching more Contenders, but I don’t believe this situation was handled properly.

Support has been completely anemic. All they can tell us is “Oh, we don’t have the ability to fix this.” If Blizzard’s development can’t fix this, who can? It really explains why everything about this game’s development smells worst than a donkey with diarrhea.

The only skin I want is the Mercy skin since I like collecting them, been weeks and weeks since I got the sym skin, still havent gotten the Mercy skin and it looks like a lot of others havent either, reimbursement when blizzard?

1 Like

Dang I missed the 300th comment oh well hopefully there won’t be a 400th before the problem is solved but it really sucks that so many people tired and still haven’t gotten the skin.

Hopefully in the future their won’t be anymore problems with contender skins

1 Like

the easy and obvious fix would be to give the mercy skin to everyone that earnt the sym one…

then make the UI suck less in future months

2 Likes