Failed to earn Contenders Symmetra or Mercy skins? IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCED!

Let me add my two cents to this conversation.

A friend of mine and I watched these at the exact same time and some how I managed to get both skins and she only managed to get one. An issue I faced is that Mercy did take well over 15 hours. Once Symmetra was unlocked I was shocked at how many additional streams it took to unlock the Mercy skin.

Another issue I faced is once Blizzard jumped from Twitch to YouTube I increasingly had problems with drops. Before I could simply open a Firefox tab and watch on my main notebook. However, after the jump; when OWL came back around, I was receiving zero tokens regardless of how much I watched. In order for me to obtain any drops now I have to use my iMac, open both Safari and Opera browsers to watch while additionally trying on Firefox on my notebook. I’ve gone as far as opening a fourth browser on my gaming PC.

I. Should. Not. Have. To. Have. Four. Browsers. Going. On. Three. Computers. To. Receive. Drops.

9 Likes

Still have not received my skin on either PC nor Console. I’m a US player and I watched most of the last weekend of NA/EU streams, plus some from the previous weekend NA/EU. I should have enough watch hours for the Sym skin, but doubtful for the Mercy.

A similar thing happened for OWL tokens when I watched from the website (I usually watch from the app) I didn’t receive any tokens for that watch time either.

Since they put the green dot on the streams that last weekend, I’ve had the green dot on my feed and have been logged in each time.

Actually got my Torb skin but still do not have Mercy. Was watching the stream on my second screen while I played something else so can confirm it doesnt have to be your main focus, at least for the first skin.

Changing passwords did not do anything with the skins. I’m trying for the November skins now and so far nothing all week. Tried switching computers, switching browsers, switching stream languages. So far no luck.

Did everything they said, watched well over 25hrs on the account I want the skin for with the green dot pinging, did the trouble shooting with the password changes and all that.

I got the Sym skin, but didnt get Mercy, WHY?

Well I am done, and I give up trying to get it since it appears Blizzard is going to do nothing

Give me my time I wasted watching something I dont care about back please, I just wanted the skin.

1 Like

It figures of course.

The one skin that everyone wants is the one that is the hardest to acquire. If I were Blizzard, considering they apparently have no direct way to know who watched what for how long after the fact, they should probably just award those who did get Symmetra’s skin with Mercy’s as well. But that’s my opinion.

I did manage to get both myself, but I didn’t like how vague and the requirements are to obtain these.

Anyway. Good luck to everyone.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve watched almost every of the transmited matches in the contenders webpage, yet I got none of the skins on my PS4 account. If is necessary so say some, then at least the last ones:

• October 30th @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2
  • October 30th @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2
  • October 31st @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2
  • October 31st @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2

I hope everything is alright now. I’ve read all the troubleshooting instructions and also hope I can get the next ones…

I wasn’t able to get the Mercy skin
Streams I watched included:
Korean Grand finals (4 Hours), I watched a large portion of the Chinese games if not all, the same thing with Europe and possibly NA on the 28th, 30th and 31st. I’d count at least 20 hours of watch time minimum.

I tried watching in different browsers and devices all watching from the Overwatch League contenders page.

My resident country for my Blizzard account is assigned to Australia

PC player here. Watched more than enough hours, even left it on over night as needed. Got the Genji, got the Symmetra skin no problems and now with October gone I sadly lack my Mercy skin. Which makes me sad as a Mercy main </3
Watched it all on the main website link for contenders, always logged in, always streaming.
Feels bad man…
Also just checked and the Torb skin is there, so yeah the Mercy skin is MIA

1 Like

On PC also in the USA. Only received Genji skin - no Symmetra or Mercy skins. I’m sure I watched more than enough hours in October - North America, Europe and Korea if memory serves. What’s odd is I already have the Torbjörn skins?! Since so many people have had problems, maybe Blizzard will give us all a way to re-earn them. Thanks

1 Like

I watched nearly all NA and EU and even some KOR streams. I received the Symetra skin, but not the Mercy one. Please help!

Awesome, doing the exact same thing that I did while watching to get the Mercy skin. I didn’t get the Mercy skin but got the Torb skin.

Same, I received the Torb contenders skins.

I did not change anything compared to my attempt to get the Mercy skins last month. Exact same devices, browser, etc.

• Side note: I still haven’t received the Lucio skins even though I’m reasonably certain I’ve watched >15 hours this month.
1 Like

While checking things out, seems like i finally got the symmetra skin. I also have the lucio and torb skins. But where is the mercy skin? I’m pretty sure I had the time in. This is quite concerning

So the Lucio skin dropped. I had not done anything to change my approach from October but still no word yet about the Mercy skin.

Ok, this is a little dumb. Last time ill post, I got the Sym, Torb, and now the Lucio skin and ive watched less time this month then I did last month. Like im happy to have Lucio but why not Mercy yet?

Using Firefox. Have it open on my second screen with the tab open but its not my focus, usually playing a game on my main screen. I do have sound running most of the time as long as the commentators are good.

I’ve gotten torb and lucio now, did nothing different to last month so at this point I have given up thinking Mercy will just show up.

They should definitely give everyone a chance to unlock Mercy again if they can’t retrospectively figure out our hours watched in October.

6 Likes

As always, I watched for more than 7 hours and there is no skin on the bag in the collection, I hope Blizzard will answer and fix this problem, I would not want to skip skins for tanks in the future, it will be a shame as a player on tanks, and yet it seems to me that I am not I get skins because I’m from Ukraine (not from Crimea) Wyoming what should I do?

1 Like

Im still waiting for the mercy skin…at least a “you didnt earn enough hours” email or something would be nice.

Wish we weren’t told so late into october :frowning:

4 Likes

Just got the Torb skin after a weekend of streaming. Still No Mercy. Got nothing from Blizzard support except silence. Guess we’re just screwed.

7 Likes