Ez way to fix Mercy

All players of OW have heroes they don’t find fun. And but what do most of us do? Don’t play the heroes we don’t enjoy. or don’t play the game if we don’t enjoy it. it’s not a hard concept. but people would rather demand something that will never return instead of moving on and playing something else

1 Like

It’s almost like Mercy mains are already doing that by moving to Ana. It’s almost like just because we’ve learned other heroes, it doesn’t mean we still don’t want the best for another hero we like. And that doesn’t mean mass rez needs to come back. So why don’t you get off your high horse.

And yet,mains of other heroes who moved on from a previous main don’t post threads every day asking for their old mains to be “fun” again. I have close to 50 hours on Lúcio and I find him boring after playing him for so long. And yet I don’t post threads asking Blizz to do something

1 Like

The difference is you find him boring after playing him for a long time, whereas some Mercy mains find her boring because of her ultimate. But please, keep introducing false equivalencies.

:roll_eyes:

And my most played hero is Widowmaker with over 100 hours and her ultimate is just lame. But I don’t post threads about it

But my point is you consider the cast time to force Mercy to hide now.
You’ve said this numerous times.

So, by your own definition, wouldn’t hide and res be just as prominent as it is already? So your changes would solve nothing as far as “eliminating hide and res” goes. In fact, it’d arguably be more prominent than last time we had Mass Res since you’d have to hide for basic tempo res’s, just as you do now.

This is why I’m asking, it just seems contradictory to me.

I don’t.

Not only am I not a creative person, but I also enjoy Mercy for what she is currently. My only gripe is the recent healing nerf, but she’s getting a buff from PTR soon, so I’ll wait to see what happens with that.

Doesn’t stop me from sharing my views or problems with someone else’s opinions, though.

Then don’t concern yourself with it.
/shrug

I’m free to state my opinion on someone’s stance, and you’re free to ignore snide comments.

Which is why I asked.

If someone finds the current Res unfun due to the cast time, then adding a cast time to Mass Res wouldn’t solve anything, we’d just have Mass Res just to have it.

Of course, if your problem is instead just that the cast time is too long, then feel free to clarify what you’d prefer more often, since it’s understandable for one to just assume you’d want the exact same cast time we already have with Mass Res.

I mean, with 4K responses, I don’t think I’m “updating you with most of my posts”. I also don’t do anything special for you, I respond to other people in the exact same way.

But hey, if you want to feel flattered, more power to you. Who am I to deny you that?

4 Likes

good post friend :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well, I think I have a pretty good understanding of what types of goals Mercy players are after.

I just think the methods being used to try to achieve those goals are counter productive and border on harassment towards the devs.

Why is it so hard for Mercy players to accept this? - #14 by GreyFalcon-11737

4 Likes

Assuming you also reverted her healing rate, this would almost certainly make her overpowered since you’d be giving her a very strong E ability in return for a fairly minor ult nerf.

1 Like

In gold, she has the lowest winrate among all of the supports there, being beaten only by Ana. Her winrate is at 49%.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

I mean it’s fine to believe that she’s good, but the reality is that her average winrate among all ranks is below 50%, which is currently hovering around 49.36%, and is lower than last month at 51%. So, how does this translate into her being “viable” when her stats literally say otherwise? :thinking:

I don’t think the issue is “Ana having low win / pickrates.” I believe the issue is that unless there is compensation for her weakness, Mercy is falling into the role of an off-healer, when she doesn’t have the kit to do so properly.

I’m sorry, but I believe you have contradicted yourself there when then say…

How is Mercy “niche” but not a hero that people have to play around? Not being good in every situation by default, would mean that when that hero is picked, your team has to play around it. That is exactly what Mercy is when people suggest her to be a “pocket healer” right now for a limited pool of 4 heroes. If the team isn’t doing dive or comps that need mobility, and you pick Mercy, would they not be playing around her at that point? So, how is being niche “healthier” for the game and “not healthier” at the same time?

Subjective opinion. Not based on fact. :blush:

Okay once more, I believe you contradicted yourself there. Because this statement:

and this statement

You are essentially making the argument that “Valkyrie did more stuff even though Mass Res was the same.” I’m sorry, but how does one do more than the other when you are saying they both “do everything for you?” I’m confused there…

Also did Mass res really “do everything Valkyrie did?” Because I may need some clarification if we’re talking about the same hero:

1. Could you heal the entire team with Mass Res?
  2. Could you damage boost the entire team with Mass Res?
  3. Could you fly in to the skybox with Mass Res?
  4. Were you granted infinite ammo with Mass Res?
  5. Are all of your abilities enhanced for 15 seconds?

From my experience, Mass res did one thing, resurrection. You brought your team mates back (and most times only parts of them back and died) and that was it. There was no added “gimmick” that made Mercy any better for 15 seconds, and the most she’s gotten was invincibility for the instant res itself, which wore off after a few seconds, and the high risk high reward of that where 9/10 times, still resulted in her being killed beforehand. So please, elaborate on how Mass Res does “everything” Valkyrie can do again? :blush:

I disagree I’m afraid. The playstyle of “hide and res” has been proven to be subjective opinion, not based on fact. And with later statement from the devs who claimed that they actually have no problem with Res, as long as it is counterable, further cements that truth. Mass res could have been made counterable with LOS and / or a cast time while being vulnerable to CC. They merely chose not to. :blush:

Oh, I assume you weren’t around during Mercy’s sledgehammer nerfs then? Mercy being OP for 5 months is a bit more than just being “overtuned” in my opinion. And she stayed a must pick even after her “second rez charge” was removed, so uh sorry, but that statement of “2 rezzes cemented her as a must pick” is false I’m afraid. So while I agree that “fun is subjective”, I also will have to agree to disagree with your opinion. I don’t enjoy her at all, think she was even more balanced back in 1.0 prior to invulnerability buffs and I still will vouch for a Revert + The tweaks. :slight_smile:

It’s time to bring Mercy back to being engaging, impactful, and rewarding to play again, and with the devs applying many reverts to her kit already, I’m hopeful for her next revert in the future. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1. How is 49% a bad winrate???
  2. Your team doesn’t have to “play around anything”. If THEY pick heroes first that have high mobility or are Pharah/McCree/Hanzo/Widow,etc then picking Mercy is the best idea for that situation. So technically it’s the other way around.
  3. Mass Rez forced someone on your team go after the hiding Mercy,or if the Mercy was on your team,you had to die together so she could rez. Now THAT’s playing around a hero.
  4. I’m just mocking y’all’s logic. You all say how Valk is a “do everything for you button” but you fail to realise it’s more engaging than Mass Rez. You have more mobility,you can chain heal/chain damage boost,Rez is still available. Her pistol has infinite ammo. So going after enemy Widows is usually a good idea. Also Mass Rez was THE “Do everything for you” button. Instant cast time,no LoS requirement,invulnerability. You pressed a button and it did everything for you.
  5. And no I did not say that Mass Rez did the same as Valk. Again,I was pointing out your faulty logic.
  6. Go to YouTube and search “Mercy hiding spots”. Hiding and rezzing was the most optimal way of using Mass Rez.
  7. But current Mercy IS engaging,useful and rewarding. So her being boring and whatever is just your opinion. The devs have stated multiple times that they won’t revert her. And they mean bringing back Mass Rez by that. Not nerfing her healing to 50HPS and bringing back an old ult voiceline :roll_eyes:
1 Like

I mean, my point is that the whole narrative of “She NEEDS mass resurrect” is not…you know, fact. It isn’t objective.

I just think this whole dialogue of stating if/what changes Mercy needs is unfair to just state it objectively. I don’t think it’s fair to say, “She doesn’t need anything” as if it’s fact, much like it’s not fair to state “she needs mass resurrect” as if it’s a fact.

I’m in the minority of liking where she’s at and wanting her balanced around that. It seems like I don’t get to have a voice because of that. :man_shrugging: It’s always “No, she NEEDS it.” I don’t think she does. Am I not allowed to like here where she’s at?

I am never included in the dialogue if it does not agree with the idea that mass resurrect is a necessity.

3 Likes

She’s getting a buff, right? I’d wait to see how that pans out before worrying about her being underpowered.

2 Likes

Make her heal a ray like Zarya so that she needs to aim and a significant up of her heal would be justified as she will need mechanical skill like Ana.

a lot of us with poor aim (myself include) rely on the aim needs with the healing beam to be minimal.

If my aim were better, I’d be far more likely to choose Ana

I dont think the two characters need to be the same - there are reasons to choose each

2 Likes

where? and don’t even play her lol girl please, next

Ironically I like to play Mercy because of her pistol.Mercy’s ultimate weapon is that no one expect you to go battle mercy

1 Like

the pistol is a very underrated part of her kit

I recently watched a match where the Mercy (in addition to healing like crazy) also killed the opposing Widow 4 times in a row

2 Likes

I’ve played her enough and with her more than enough. Stop picking her where she doesnt excel and complaining shes under performing.

You got a buff coming and shes not even bad without it.

3 Likes

This exactly. When I play her into the wrong situations of course she’s not gonna do well.

1 Like