Ez way to fix Mercy

Make Resurrect her ult again and give it 1 second casting time so it can be countered.
Make her Valkyrie secondary ability(E), duration like 6 seconds and 12 seconds cooldown.
GG

8 Likes

In my opinion, Mercy is fun, engaging and effective in her current state, so I am hoping no further changes (aside from the buff announced on 20181023) occur for her

26 Likes

I’d add on to that by saying throw in LOS, just to calm the storm of those saying “B-but she’s still gonna hide and res!!!”

It’s still amazing to me how such simple fixes could have completely fixed the hero. It’s almost as if making huge sweeping changes based on subjective opinion, which in turn ended up making the hero OP for 5 months straight, was a horrible idea and should have never happened in the first place. But what do I know? That’s just my 2 cents. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

9 Likes

Mercy is fine through.

18 Likes

That’s incredibly boring to go through the past year just to arrive at a watered down revert.

If any significant changes happen, I’d want them to be new, not going back to something we’re already familiar with

1 Like

In my opinion, the suggested changes would amount to breaking Mercy, not fixing her

4 Likes

But what if I, as a Mercy player, do not enjoy mass resurrect? :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Well, what if I, as a Mercy player, did enjoy Mass resurrect?

In the very least, I would think it’s a fair compromise to have both Valkyrie and Mass res incorporated in her kit so both sides are happy. The changes suggested by the OP, where it’s an E move, do just that. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

What if I, as a Mercy player, don’t enjoy mass rez OR Valkyrie? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

In my opinion, such a change would vastly overpower Mercy

7 Likes

I’d like to get rid of Valkyrie entirely unless they get rid of the chain beams and make her ult have resurrect charges over a short time period. That might be interesting.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I humbly disagree. I believe there’s a way to include both, without vastly overpowering the hero. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

I’m sorry, how is this post constructive to the OP’s thread again? Or are you just here to derail it and post inflammatory remarks in threads you disagree with? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

Or honestly. Giving her a true new ultimate, not a power up.

2 Likes

That doesn’t really change anything. Revive already has such a long cooldown and it might as well be an ult.

I’ve wanted to ask.

Don’t you always complain about how the cast time on Res causes Mercy to hide now?

Wouldn’t adding a cast time on Mass Res solve literally nothing? You’d still have to play Mercy just like you would now?

I feel like you’re not arguing for balance or fun, just for the sake of Mass Res at this point.

11 Likes

This. This is it chief.

3 Likes

And I’ve wanted to ask.

Where have I “always” complained that “Mercy’s cast time causes her to hide now?” I’d love to see the quotes based on such accusations. :slight_smile:

And if you have played Mercy recently, you would realize that the purpose of a cast time in resurrect is to allow for counterplay right? I am not against cast times in resurrect, as long as it’s reasonable. Nearly 2 seconds is way too long for my taste. I believe a 1.25s cooldown is best, as it is roughly the length of her “Heroes never die, voiceline.” Line of Sight is another addition to this, and to compensate, a damage reduction instead of invincibility. I am confident that those three fixes combined, give no room for the “Hide and rez” propoganda argument that is so often given. With Valkyrie as an E move, I also feel that it would appeal to both parties of Valkyrie and of Mass res, without ignoring one side or the other. But please, if you have any other suggestions, and aren’t here just to play “devil’s advocate,” let’s hear them.

Oh and I must apologize, but what you “feel” about me in terms of what you think “I argue for” is subjective and not of my concern, but I’m sure that you are aware that many people in various places, and even based on your own poll on Mass res, proves that I’m not the only one who is arguing for Mass res, nor is doing so “for the sake of it.” So unfortunately, your assumptions are false. But thanks for projecting your opinions of me nonetheless! It’s flattering to get a constant update from you on how you feel about me with most of your responses, even when a large number of them tend to lie on false claims. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

Which is different to reverting because mercy isn’t fun how?

Um… Are you asking in reference to something I’ve said, or is this your perception of why the OP is asking for a revert? Because neither case is true here. :thinking:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls