Everything is worse, every single thing

Overwatch 2 feels more like OG overwatch, It’s more fast paced and less shield and CC spam. It plays like a FPS again. There’s a new learning curve and people have been put out of their comfort zone from being used to stale no update OW for years

58 Likes

i have not had this much fun on dva since season 3, and have not had this much fun in overwatch overall since season 1. disagree.

just fix the queues and the monetization and i’ll be good for another 2000 hours of gameplay haha

41 Likes

Blessed post

Scoreboard is absolutely wretched, bring back medals, users don’t need yet another reason to be toxic to eachother and blame eachother for their failings

18 Likes

All of that… plus one side stacked, game already decided matchmaking, and now I’ve found that literally ALL of my characters cosmetics, voice lines, sprays, highlight intros, have all been deleted and reset.
What kind of Overwatch players are happy with this rollout???

11 Likes

hi, newfriend, welcome to the internet

2 Likes

I wrote up a similar first impressions (from the perspective of a casual player) post earlier this morning that mirrors a lot of what you are saying here.

I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one noticing these issues.

8 Likes

extremely suspicious ones, that much is for certain

2 Likes

Wtf this has to be a troll the medal system was the worst thing invented

38 Likes

damn, worst ever invented? well, you’ve convinced me. cheers!

6 Likes

OP is mad cause he finished his 7/20 and looked at his rank and it was way lower than before :joy:

12 Likes

Oh brother, give it a break.

2 Likes

OW2 is that “but we have ____ at home” meme.

31 Likes

LOL! That’s actually a great analogy of this “sequel” :smiley:

5 Likes

This is by far the biggest problem with OW2. OW never was a FPS. It was a team based strategy game that happened to have some characters with FPS mechanics. Trying to push the game towards a more stereotypical FPS is the biggest mistake Blizzard made with OW2.

61 Likes

+1

A concept that the new team entirely forgot. The matches I played felt like regular TDM with an objective in-between. Nothing like Overwatch that I played just 3 days ago.

22 Likes

That’s because you haven’t figured out the strategy. It’s not supposed to feel like OW from 3 days ago because it feels like Overwatch from 5years ago. The game people actually enjoyed

18 Likes

LOL someone definitely getting called out in game

8 Likes

It’s unbelievable how bad this launch has been, game design issues aside. It really feels like most of the talent, including technical talent, have left Blizzard.

34 Likes

Not really.

I’ve been with the game every day since the beta 2016 and it doesn’t even feel like Overwatch from five years ago let alone like any other period. I should know as I played it all the time religiously.

And getting familiar with it is not a problem either, as I had no issue instantly adapting myself to this “sequel”. This simply is no longer Overwatch to me for numerous reasons and a complete derailment from the vision that Jeff Kaplan had for it.

Simply my experience with it. I’d rather play OW1 than play this “sequel” a second longer.

34 Likes

Played OW 1 since launch, and I truly enjoy OW 2 significantly more. It could just be that there’s finally new things that breathe life into the game, but I don’t think so.

Games feel faster paced and it feels like I’m doing more no matter what role I’m on, since there’s less players on the team. I haven’t played the new maps that much, but what I have played I enjoyed. I like the visual changes, makes it feel sleek and modern imo. And I like the BP - makes it feel like there’s something to grind for beside comp and the challenges are like fun little side quests lol. I especially like the new profiles and name cards and such.

I will say I don’t like the Push game mode and miss 2CP, one of my favorite modes despite the general hate of it lol. And I wish I could log into my main account, but hopefully that’ll come eventually lol.

15 Likes