Everything is worse, every single thing

1. Gameplay is less fun, feels like tdm

2. Scoreboard, why? golden medals were signature of overwatch, every fps has scoreboard and they even took objective time from it so noone pushes the payload now

3. Eliminations are much less satisfying, where is the skull and eliminated in the middle of the screen?

4. HUD is bland, looks boring

5. Visual clutter, which brain could ever think that adding 3 thick yellow orbs on every hero who is healed is a good idea? Thats really ridicilous

6. Everyone feels like bot, no identity, no levels, you cant even see carreer profiles of people unless you go to recent players, players are just numbers now with ID, i want to feel that I am playing with human players

7. Voting, on fire gone, small details yes, but it made overwatch overwatch, its iconic

8. 5v5 is weird, feels like someone left the game, but its actually not the biggest problem imo, if everything else listed wasnt changed that maybe 5v5 would be fine, time will say but still feels like unneccesary change just to change something

9. BP, F2P, ok but isnt this like the only battle pass which doesnt make enough and even bonus money for the next one? Why they had to adapt to F2P game style and still make it the greediest one?

10. Indicators are weird, hard to say how low Iam or if iam burning etc.

11. Even graphics are worse? I may be reaching too far with this one but for example King Row was amazing map with a cool vibe and atmosphere, in ow2 it feels completely soulless and looks rubbery but this could be just me

12. Where is teamplay? Where is overwatch? Building ults in a chokepoint wasnt ideal and i kinda like the faster gameplay but it doesnt feel like teamplay anymore, noone says i have ult, lets do this strategy, what about doing this, no its just ult every minute there and there and heroes running around everywhere

I am honestly sad today that I will not be able to play my favorite game ever being overwatch 1, they could just add many heroes, maps, upgrade engine, make it f2p with standart battlepass which pay itself and people would be happy imo.

I will give it few weeks, maybe my opinions will change but so far it doesnt look good at all. The dissapointment I have is countless time higher then i even expected in the negative scenario. Noone likes it so far from my group who plays since season 1 2016. Thats doesnt mean much but it also doesnt mean nothing. The single good thing i like is 120 fps on ps5, thats literally it lol :(.

Thank you Blizz for replacing my favorite game ever, where I spent over 4k hours with this weirdo product.

(they could really keep ow1 alive and just keep it contentless, you can play 10+ years old cods without any content but they had the remove ow1…)

533 Likes

I agree with absolutely every single point you wrote on the list. And this is coming from someone who played daily for six years straight since the BETA 2016, up until its last hour before it got killed.

Compared to OW1, this is an atrocious monstrosity that never should have existed as it is devoid entirely of the heart and soul that made Overwatch what it was. And if I could I would immediately go back to OW1.

It is no surprise though, they drove out the people who were the heart and soul of Overwatch and replaced them with con artists trying to replicate the original while adding their own modern crap and monetization on top of it.

208 Likes

wish I can relate. I haven’t gotten in.

38 Likes

OW2 > OW1

Disagree with every point

162 Likes

What are you referring to, specific employees/developers?

5 Likes

not just a monstrosity, but an atrocious one? dang

15 Likes

How long did you play ow1? And since when?

Do you truly enjoy ow2? Can you specify what you like about it? Iam honestly curious, i want to like it too but so far it feels like atrocious subproduct for me.

15 Likes

Played OW almost every day since Season 4 of comp. Probably close to 3,000 hours. I like not shooting shields all game.

57 Likes

I see, I am happy you enjoy it, so you are the other extreme and there is nothing you dislike about ow2?

Or is there atleast something you dont like that it changed?

7 Likes

Hmm. I don’t like the monetization (like everyone) but I’m ok with it since it’s cosmetic and I have every OW1 cosmetic. I don’t really like the Push game mode. I don’t like the new competitive system and the ranks look ugly. I don’t like the BP.

26 Likes

Overwatch 2 feels more like OG overwatch, It’s more fast paced and less shield and CC spam. It plays like a FPS again. There’s a new learning curve and people have been put out of their comfort zone from being used to stale no update OW for years

58 Likes

i have not had this much fun on dva since season 3, and have not had this much fun in overwatch overall since season 1. disagree.

just fix the queues and the monetization and i’ll be good for another 2000 hours of gameplay haha

41 Likes

Blessed post

Scoreboard is absolutely wretched, bring back medals, users don’t need yet another reason to be toxic to eachother and blame eachother for their failings

18 Likes

All of that… plus one side stacked, game already decided matchmaking, and now I’ve found that literally ALL of my characters cosmetics, voice lines, sprays, highlight intros, have all been deleted and reset.
What kind of Overwatch players are happy with this rollout???

11 Likes

hi, newfriend, welcome to the internet

2 Likes

I wrote up a similar first impressions (from the perspective of a casual player) post earlier this morning that mirrors a lot of what you are saying here.

I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one noticing these issues.

8 Likes

extremely suspicious ones, that much is for certain

2 Likes

Wtf this has to be a troll the medal system was the worst thing invented

38 Likes

damn, worst ever invented? well, you’ve convinced me. cheers!

6 Likes

OP is mad cause he finished his 7/20 and looked at his rank and it was way lower than before :joy:

12 Likes