Everything is worse, every single thing

Oh brother, give it a break.

2 Likes

OW2 is that ā€œbut we have ____ at homeā€ meme.

31 Likes

LOL! Thatā€™s actually a great analogy of this ā€œsequelā€ :smiley:

5 Likes

This is by far the biggest problem with OW2. OW never was a FPS. It was a team based strategy game that happened to have some characters with FPS mechanics. Trying to push the game towards a more stereotypical FPS is the biggest mistake Blizzard made with OW2.

61 Likes

+1

A concept that the new team entirely forgot. The matches I played felt like regular TDM with an objective in-between. Nothing like Overwatch that I played just 3 days ago.

22 Likes

Thatā€™s because you havenā€™t figured out the strategy. Itā€™s not supposed to feel like OW from 3 days ago because it feels like Overwatch from 5years ago. The game people actually enjoyed

18 Likes

LOL someone definitely getting called out in game

8 Likes

Itā€™s unbelievable how bad this launch has been, game design issues aside. It really feels like most of the talent, including technical talent, have left Blizzard.

34 Likes

Not really.

Iā€™ve been with the game every day since the beta 2016 and it doesnā€™t even feel like Overwatch from five years ago let alone like any other period. I should know as I played it all the time religiously.

And getting familiar with it is not a problem either, as I had no issue instantly adapting myself to this ā€œsequelā€. This simply is no longer Overwatch to me for numerous reasons and a complete derailment from the vision that Jeff Kaplan had for it.

Simply my experience with it. Iā€™d rather play OW1 than play this ā€œsequelā€ a second longer.

34 Likes

Played OW 1 since launch, and I truly enjoy OW 2 significantly more. It could just be that thereā€™s finally new things that breathe life into the game, but I donā€™t think so.

Games feel faster paced and it feels like Iā€™m doing more no matter what role Iā€™m on, since thereā€™s less players on the team. I havenā€™t played the new maps that much, but what I have played I enjoyed. I like the visual changes, makes it feel sleek and modern imo. And I like the BP - makes it feel like thereā€™s something to grind for beside comp and the challenges are like fun little side quests lol. I especially like the new profiles and name cards and such.

I will say I donā€™t like the Push game mode and miss 2CP, one of my favorite modes despite the general hate of it lol. And I wish I could log into my main account, but hopefully thatā€™ll come eventually lol.

15 Likes

i wish they bring OW1 back. Even with the content drought it was more motivating than this on day 2

28 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan of the scoreboard, mainly because thereā€™s a lot of information to digest in such a fast paced game thatā€™s time you may not have.

The biggest thing Iā€™ve noticed with OW2 is that people are really going to have to change how they play compared to the years of shooting shields. You canā€™t be as passive and you have to use hard cover so youā€™re not getting obliterated. It will just take time to adjust.

4 Likes

Except it doesnā€™t, at all. It feels like a shell of overwatch that someone tried to retrofit to match what they saw played on true FPS games on youtube. It feels absolutely nothing like OW five years ago.

25 Likes

Really nice post. I think you summed up the general feeling of the community pretty well.

9 Likes

most likely! i play with every comm disabled LOL

3 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™d argue nearly everything is better in OW2 besides not getting most cosmetics for free. Definitely better gameplay wise.

Youā€™ve got it backwardsā€¦

OW was always a hero based FPS, it became less like that over time as more shields/defensive strategies/cheese gameplay developed which is a big reason why the game declined so heavily

14 Likes

I agree with all your points, itā€™s a really good summary how I feel about the game. it feels bland and meaningless.
Especially all the small details that made the game great are missing so obviously.
I really want the old end screens back, voting, medals, whoā€™s on fire.
the game feels so dead and soulless now. Just another FPS.

15 Likes

Battlefield 2042 remove theirs then tried to put it back after backlash from the community(whatā€™s left of it lol). Maybe they did it because its so cool, hip and social progressive of them to remove it.

2 Likes

Everything you just said is wrong. Since I feel completely the opposite, I guess your position is just opinion and not fact.

8 Likes