Very Casual Player First Impressions

I’ve been playing Overwatch here and there throughout the years. I’ve always found it a fun, fast paced, quick to pick up, and engaging game in that time. I don’t play often but when I have a FPS itch to scratch, it’s been my go to game to jump into.

After playing Overwatch 2 for the last hour my first impression is that the game has gotten sluggish, the heroes that I was playing (Mercy and Bastion, which is what I liked playing in Overwatch) feel ineffective and underpowered (I would die in relatively few hits while I could hit another player repeatedly and they wouldnt die).

Additionally, the UI in the Main Menu feels horribly inferior and amateurish. Giving off a vibe that they designer used the default UI elements from the engine rather than custom designed and polished ones.

When paging through the Main Menu, there definitely feels like there is a reduction and absence of what I’m just going to generically call “stuff”. Like the game is missing much of the flair and features it had previously. And I feel that this has come at the expense of stuffing it full of monetization junk.

Overall it doesn’t feel like a premium AAA Blizzard title anymore, but rather something that the interns put together from the leftover assets from a previously released game. If this was the first time I had ever played Overwatch I’d never play this game again.

What is happening over there at Blizzard?

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I agree with most of this, especially the menu UI and gameplay. It does feel a bit clunky (both the menu and gameplay). Overall I’m starting to enjoy the gameplay more and am giving it time to grow on me, as I know some of my discomfort (honestly probably a large part) is just that I’m not used to the new game and miss OW1 a lot. But yeah, there are definitely some issues I’m struggling to enjoy.

2 Likes

Hmm… almost like it was designed to be mobile game, would you say?

3 Likes

Honestly the main menu UI feels so soulless, especially when u are looking at cosmetics, it’s just a blank white canvas of nothing but floating squares, it’s very empty. Also the competitive tiers looks so ugly ngl, looks like a children drew them tbh.

2 Likes

Trust me, if you don’t know by now, you don’t want to know. It’s a tragic criminal thriller drama with some horror elements in it.

I agree with your perception of the game though. To me it feels like a cheap Chinese mobile knock-off that I’d see on some trashy ad while browsing my phone.

In fact it reminds me of that one game that actually was a full on Overwatch clone from Asia or whatever that copied everything, even the characters and slightly renamed them.

1 Like

If you are just a filthy casual trying to screw around on bastion this game isn’t for you honestly.

1 Like

Quake 3 Champions probably isn’t for me either but it hasn’t stopped me from jumping into a game to grab a few frags every once in a while.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like