Everyone is cheating in upper ranks. OW2 will be the same

It’s what competitive games are. In casual games, winning is optional.

Not at all. Fun is what people strive for. Winning can or can not be part of it.

You can call it “played smart”. Of course, you could sweat yourself like no tomorrow to achieve such quick reflexes, but you already have computer, that acts even faster, than you.

Who cares? You made it there, and that’s what matters. Maybe you bought such account; maybe you paid booster; maybe you even spent night with Blizzard employee to get there - you are there now.

2 Likes

Okay, but level with me here… if I gave you the option of “hey you can play 10 games of OW and lose all of them” or “hey you can play 10 games of OW and there’s a chance you’ll win half or more of them”… surely you’d pick the 2nd option right? Winning isn’t everything, but it’s a big part, no? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the “it’s not about winning or losing, it’s how you play the game” mindset, but winning is always the outcome I try to achieve.

I’d care, and that is what matters most to me, because I’d feel like crap knowing I inconvenienced other players in a game we all paid for, but I paid a little bit extra on the side to always secretly win. I don’t like pay to win scenarios.

Depends if I enjoy it. If, for instance, Mercy won’t work with guarantee in those games, I would pick first option.

Well, that’s you. I do not care at all, how players deliver results, only about results itself. If I boost you and you kill enemies, that’s all I need from you, and it’s none of my business, if you are genuinely that good or use cheats.

Well, if it clashes with fun, then winning goes out the window.

Hey that’s your opinion and that’s cool if we’re talking about video games, just please never go into politics :rofl:

1 Like

Why would I go into politics, when they are filled already with people like me? That would shake hands with environment activists at morning and accept bribes from factory owners at evening.

For anyone who is trying to gaslight OP that cheating doesn’t exist or rarely happens or only happens in their head, check this out: Overwatch Bans: August 2021 Update

Gaslighting isn’t cool. Cheating is absolutely a major issue in this game.

7 Likes

Exactly this. Cheaters are not winning every round unless they ragehack. When people say “I’ve only seen a cheater a couple times ever” ect, those are ragehackers.

When you play cheats with default settings what they do is make you a better player. That’s it. They don’t make you the best player, they don’t make a good player, they make bad players better.

The aimbot is not even the problem in upper ranks. It’s the wallhack. Knowing where everyone is in a game where strategy and positioning is so important is just broken. There is a reason it’s Widows ult and only up a brief time, it’s very strong.

Once you get to the point where 2+ people ON BOTH TEAMS are cheating, it gets much harder for non cheaters. So much so that they drop rank or quit… this is why everyone good is gone.
I

4 Likes

This guy gets it <20>

4 Likes

Obviously gaslighting isn’t cool… people are just asking him to “show his work”, so to speak lol… plus I don’t think there is anyone in here straight up saying “cheating DOESNT happen in this game” haha.

It’s not gaslighting to to ask someone to defend the points they’re making… that’s all i’m saying :man_shrugging:

That’s a weird claim. Why do you think other games would have a higher percentage of cheaters?

Nobody is saying cheating doesn’t exist. But I will stand by my own stance (not something I said in this thread in particular to OP, but in general) that cheating is indeed quite rare. If your proof is that they banned 18k accounts… dude that’s like nothing. There are millions of active accounts in the game.

The only people gaslighting are the ones constantly trying to accuse anyone better than they are of cheating. If you want to make a claim as drastic as “99% of ‘smurfs’ are actually just cheaters” then you need some evidence to back up that statement.

Tell me you are mad that you have no self-control when you go on a losing streak without telling me you’re mad.

Where’s the evidence of this at all? 15 posts, probably a smurf/alt themselves. Not buying it.

Story from the archives: I was admin for a public server community in CS 1.6 in the mid 00’s, i play fps games for 20 years now. I have seen many many cheats working in my life.

Everytime Steam rolled out new VAC versions or a 3rd party anticheat tool was updated huge chunks of the playerbase disappeared. It took a few days or sometimes weeks to get ways around it. Sometimes the coders made mistakes, like the black pixel border one for control screenshots in ladder control tools, leagues had to ban up 25% percent from the playerbase. It was insane… My guess is Overwatch has a solid two digit percantage of the playerbase which is cheating. Its not always an aimbot, for a tankplayer a simple ultracker can change the whole game.

3 Likes

Money this money that on a dead game. Players spending tons of money just to get in high ranks.

I came across to this video and I’m not surprised that this video has a high positive ratio. The comments describe the playerbase: :point_right:UPDATED OVERWATCH FREE HACK :fire: WALLHACK AIMBOT AND RADAR - Review and Download - YouTube

Edit: It’s a YouTube video link not something else.

Guaranteed your response will be ignored. This is a troll post.

Not a weird claim at all if you follow former OW streamers that play such games now.

It’s not really even the game dev’s fault either – as I stated earlier – the more popular the game, the more popular the cheats. It’s a constant battle.

There are too many cheaters but as you said the aimbots are close to emulating human behaviour… so unless the aimbot is cracked or they’re using obvious wallhacks I don’t care. With cheating they’ll get how much, 500-800sr higher?

2 Likes

Even t500 as seen above, it’s even more devious when people with a ounce of skill game sense use it subtly.

The aimbot duel was fun to watch lol

3 Likes

The games being free helps a lot. Doesn’t hurt your back pocket and you can be back at on a new account with an hour.