Everyone against 2-2-2 because...creativity?

I agree that creativity isn’t a good point of contemption however if dps had a clear use on a team and if tanks/supports weren’t overshadowing them, 2-2-2 wouldn’t need to be enforced but it would become the standard organic comp as it should be

Basically, limiting comps to 2-2-2 is the lazy fix, balancing the game properly is much much better

The only ones are against 2/2/2 are the dps mains cuz their queue times will be increased to 3 mins at least while supports/tanks will have 15 - 30 secs average.

i PREFER 1 shield tank, 2 supports and 3 FLEX over 2/2/2. Imagine on a 2/2/2 getting a hammond-hog combo for tank or torb-sym as dps you will end ragequiting even more fast than 6 flex

1 Like

I’m not completely against enforcing 2-2-2, but I think they should hold off on it for a little while longer and continue trying to balance the game further. Call me naive, but I still have a small amount of faith in the balancing team.

What I think should be enforced, however, is voice chat. Communication is just far to crucial in this game for people to not talk at all. Talking needs to be mandatory.

2-2-2 as a game mode or a role queue option would be totally fine to everyone I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

It was unanimously agreed upon in the community for removing no limits, putting a 2-2-2 restriction has left the community split, therefore it’s not comparable.

I’d argue that GOATS is more creative than any 2-2-2 comp, yes we see it everywhere and are tired of it but the idea that running no DPS in a composition is very creative. We should work towards pushing GOATS out from being the only played comp and not straight up making it unplayable.

1 Like

I like 2Flex-2-2. It covers every composition besides SoloTank/SoloHeal. And you could unlock that option with either 3 or 4 votes. Depending on the Role Picking method used.
✅ [Role Select] Finalizing this concept

Realistically 3-3 should be solved through balance. (i.e. Brig)
🐐[GOATs] Easy way to fix it

I’m against it because I don’t like rigidly forcing people into something they are uncomfortable with constantly.

Plus I like the idea of multiple comps being viable if they don’t exclude a whole class.

A hero requirement is what I want. Not a hard 222

1 Like

I try to play Tanks, but you can only tolerate so many 4+ dps games before you say screw it and swap back to DPSing full time. And the rare occasions that you do end up with 2/2/2, you end up facing 6 dps. When you have balanced comps, tanking is fun.

I won’t lie… I enjoy watching GOATs than watching Dive.

GOATs reminds me more of watching a fighting game match where there is a lot of footsies and commanding space, till one slip up happens, and then you basically say, “HapPY BIRTHDaaaaaaaY!”

Dive was just kind of… Oh… Tracer killed someone… and another… there goes another. Or Inevitable Dragon blade.

Dunno, GOATs makes me appreciate the coordination of an entire team. Dive is more… Look what this one guy can do.

Then again, mirror matches are just really boring to watch in general. When you get towards the finals and see the exact same thing, doesn’t matter what game it is.

For example, Smash Bros had fans leaving the room because the finals were just Bayonetta vs. Bayonetta.

Mirror matches suck.

1 Like

Creativity is such a bad way of putting it. Players like flexiblility in comp creation because a bunch of heroes don’t fit so neatly into 2-2-2 as Mercy and Orisa. Mei and Sombra come to mind but this is something that shifts with the meta.

3 Likes

222 is too restrictions for ladder. You have no control about the strengths of teammates and some days you might just be off. You need flexibility to be creative between you, your teammates and the enemy. But I do think more structure is needed. But I think a role requirement of one hero per role solves any stacking abilities issues.

A legit down side of a forced 2-2-2 is sometimes you need that extra +1 of some given class to punch past an area of the map. Maybe your DPS is lacking, maybe you need another shield or more heals or whatever. It also makes planned swaps harder, I’ll go Lucio if you go d.va. Yet we can’t being we are locked into roles?
We also load into maps 100% blind. I might want to play one class on KOTH and another in 2CP.

I also suspect there are a lot of players who are very use to playing hero switch chicken with teams. Players who have an entire comp hero pool of just Genji, Widowmaker, Hanzo and Ashe. Does anyone really think that EVERY game that player ran into was filled with tanks, support and people going “Hey can you go widowmaker?”.
No, the player just jammed his DPS pick into the team comp, never switched and hopefully someone else swaps to needed roles.
Other might not like that but without a forced 2-2-2 the selfish player, in any class role, will always get his class.

While that’s true, definitively enforcing 2-2-2 would probably mean you have a clear direction for balancing those heroes that don’t work well in it (i.e. Brigitte or Sombra).

That said, I’m more for a 1-1-1-3 flex. You should at least have one of each hero role. If I’m really to indulge myself, too, I’d probably impose a two-sniper limit, but that one might not fly

I’m a support main and am against a forced 2-2-2. You were saying . . . ?

2 Likes

I don’t want it because less a viable options for the meta overall, if an offbeat meta becomes viable under certain situations then it should be run under those criteria. Goats should be an option, just like triple DPS, or anything else that may crop up; the problem is, those situations should be niche. This points to a balance problem, more than a comp problem to me.

I don’t care about creativity, I care about options. Removing options for the sake of something that it won’t solve completely, is just bad for longevity of the game. You would be better arguing for a single ban on both sides in comp, more than enforcing something that won’t really change much (if anything at all). Enforcing 2-2-2 would just anger folks as a whole vs just a few per match (maybe).

All this does is kill the offbeat comps, and situations where they could/should be viable. A single ban on each side would be a better fix here, for what peeps are arguing for. I’m against that for now, due to the lack of options in the tank and support classes. Add in another main tank (Hammond is arguable still), and a support, and then it would be good time to look into it.

1 Like

adding hero limits and forcing a specific comp are two different things.

and how is having 2 of the same role NOT stacking but having 3 is ??

LOL … the matchmaker cant even work correctly 99% of the time. heck “the team” cant even code a proper map rotation/ selection and NOW you want “them” to recode the MMR/SR calculations ?? LOL … wont ever happen.

There are 3 roles and you need to fill 6 player slots.
If you find a (practical) solution to play less than 2 heroes of each role while still filling all 6 slots feel free to let me know :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like a great way to increase leavers. “I can’t play dps? Waaaaaaaaa”.

• XxxprosniperxxX has left the game.

I’m not interested in forcing those transitions, I consider this a toss up scenario at best with a good chance of getting messy. Its not healthy to make so many changes at once unless you know exactly what you’re getting.

I’ve heard of the flex idea, but don’t we just go back to sniper/stun/triple support meta?

Alternatives to 2-2-2 are:
1-1-1 and 3 flex or just limiting the support and tanks to 2 of each per team. since DPS Heroes outnumber the other two by a large margin there would be no limits on them.