"Every player equally equipped"

If they force it to a stable 60 with no drop then I’m game,but anything under 60 I’m out and I’m content at 70-90plus FPS since it’s consistent with no slowdown with FPS drops and I’m at 1900x1200 @60 hertz.1900x1080p makes my Overwatch symbol look like an oval😢

1 Like

We fighting games now, forced 60 fps for everyone. And like sf4, implement a mandatory benchmark, so that if you can’t reach 60 stable fps you can’t play ranked.

(Im joking of course)

those are hardware, not software

the EULA does not contain a section “Unauthorized Third-Party Hardware”

2 Likes

God the satire on the post flew right over your head mate :v

While a joke this needs to be said for people that do not know.

To be fair the 60fps lock on fighting games ensures consistency when executing moves and timings. It is extremely important so players can know “hey this fighter’s move has 13 frames recovery and i can punish them during that time.” 60fps lock makes sure that 13 frame window stays the same at all times. A fluctuating framerate would be straight hell for fighting games

1 Like

What satire?

In case you haven’t noticed, you seem to be the only one who has interpreted the post this way

Yea framedata is a b* in that regard. But that post was a joke ^ ^’

Yeah I figured. But I have ran into my fare share of people who claim the fighting games are bad lazy ports because of the console 60fps lock. And if i didnt explain why, i feel someone would take that post and say “if fighters can do it, why cant overwatch?”

1 Like

Mate, it’s an exaggeration of the concept they used to argue with the objective of showing how ridicule the decision was. Do you really think any of these people are dumb enough to think people will start to be banned because of hardware and peripherals they use?

But maybe you’re right, everyone here is afraid to be banned because of their 140hz monitors and I misinterpreted the post. Who knows?

Well looking at the most used hardware according to steamDB it would be 1080p 60hz. That would be the most “even”. That’s besides the point anyway. I don’t want that, nobody wants that but by not doing that they are being inconsistent with their supposed equal playing field. That is the point. They are inconsistent and their rule makes no sense

Although Pursuit didn’t show you any information while in the game. It collected stats for you to look at AFTER the game. You know kind of like a match history that isn’t in the game. It records your screen for you to look at it afterwards. So is me recording my comp games with shadowplay gonna get me banned because it helps me improve?

They can limit the frame rate using: software. They can restrict the audio to 2 channels the same way. There’s a lot they can do using software to eliminate those hardware advantages

No, and that’s not what is so ridiculous about this.

It’s the fact that OP is literally asking why software which gives you an advantage is banned, but hardware which gives you advantages is not banned?

Even with the same hardware players aren’t “equally equipped” because some players will have better response times than others. Instead of spending time parsing English to complain about why Blizzard didn’t have a seven paragraph footnote clarifying what they meant by “equally equipped” why don’t you go cut some lawns or something so you can get enough money to buy a 144mHz monitor and whatever else you are salty about not having?

1 Like

Did you miss the part where I said he was comparing the decision to ban a software that gives an advantage to something else that gives an advantage, like… hardware and peripherals as the means to show how ridicule it was to ban the software in the first place if that was the reasoning behind it?

You’re taking the question literally, it’s the meaning behind it that counts. Of course these people don’t think hardware should be a bannable offense. It’s to prove a point.

1 Like

So Blizzard is supposed to supply you with the hardware you need now?

I’m a mid Diamond running thrift or saved up gear and doing just fine. You don’t need the best of the best to play the game or do well.

Main setup

• Gaming PC - 4 years old, 2.5 years gathering new components. $800 PC ($26.67 a month)

• Primary - 22in 1080p 60hz I saved from the dumpster, needed a new control board. ($7.40)

• Secondary - 27in 720p 60hz, dead pixel cluster upper right hand. (Free)

• Peripherals - Steelseries Arctis 7 ($60 used) [previously $20 Sades], Mechanical Keyboard ($60 sale) [previously dusty old Dell membrane keyboard], G300s mouse (used, gift)

Streaming PC

• Dell E6520 laptop. (Graduation gift, used, currently screenless, backless, and running a 800x600 60hz dumpster monitor and old wireless peripherals from 2007. Upgraded recently with used components online for about $50)

• Fios 30/30 fiber optic connection, $30 a month, split 3 ways between roommates.

60hz is standard, 144hz is top. 60hz will do you just fine.

7.1/Atmos is ideal, but 5.1 or even basic surround sound will be more than enough.

Internet is a tricky one though, that’s really dependent on where you live so it’s not easy to quantify. But most areas of the world (especially the US) offer some form of fast inexpensive broadband internet, and that’s all you really need.

So you are saying you don’t need a level playing field? Which is exactly what this post is saying. And the exact opposite of what Blizzard is wanting to give players.

1 Like

“We take competition very seriously in Overwatch”

lol

Then put some more effort into M&K on console, that actually has more impact than numbers from PursuitGG. I don’t see any warnings from that.

To be fair, console is not the main competitive platform because the inferior controls and performance, which makes sense they are focusing on PC first when it comes to competitive.

Definitely.

But it doesn’t get more “level playing field” than on a console. Once you throw in M&K then it’s percentage of impact is much greater than on PC where it’s already pretty varied. Just throwing out there the excuse they use is pretty weak-sauce for PursuitGG.

1 Like