Dva is impossible to play without getting countered

I play rein and if i am rolling i get countered.

Dvas not the only tank that gets countered. Lol.

2 Likes

Probably because people don’t like fighting against a hero that makes your gun useless.

Have you ever shot at something and your bullets just disappear? Now imagine you ult and it also just disappears? I think that sounds really fun and interactive. You should just keep banging your head against the wall and forcing your pick that’s clearly getting no value and not pick a hero that bypasses the defences

Do people not understand why people go beams against Dva and Sigma? It’s like the whiny Hog and Mauga mains complaining about Ana like… these heroes all have incredibly strong defence against a certain type of damage

Sigma has two ways to mitigate projectile damage. Dva has it on a toggle. But yeah keep forcing projectile heroes and feeding the enemy tank’s mitigation stats

1 Like

The Echo matchup isn’t so much about me but my team. If they instead go Sym or Mei then at least my team should be able to deal with them easily. Echo is insanely strong now. Same with Zarya.

Yeah, very fun to play against, I guess, when she eats you in 0.5 second with all that is coming into her face if not beams.

It’s called escalation before this patch you got just a zarya, but now I see mei sym moira against dva, cause dva escalated it being too good against others.

Your failing the skill index against beam characters, time to switch. I say failing because with enough skill and judgement you can overcome them.

2 Likes

Is pressing H in spawn skillful to you?

3 Likes

As a DF player, welcome to the club.

If I do well on Doom, out comes all the cc counterswaps, then I play into a wall of cc all game.

Dva takes the crown this season, mostly cuz Zar is OP, but Doom has worn it since Ow2 started.

The patch hasn’t stopped countertank-watch. If anything its made it more acute.

1 Like

I feel like the key is to get out of her effective range. Hitscans like Ashe can do really well against her if timed properly l. It’s up to everyone though to not be dumb and challenge her with her deleter beam.

nah, defensive matrix is such an ez brain dead defensive ability that i will gladly always counter swap to get a player off that toddler-tier tank

1 Like

The problem is Zarya’s effective range is 20 meters and D.Va’s effective range is 10 meters. There’s no way for D.Va to actually do anything other than keep running away. Especially now that Zarya is so strong. The only reason it worked before is Zarya wasn’t as strong. But if we want a strong Zarya then D.Va needs to be able to handle it without swapping. Right now it’s swap or lose even on maps that favor D.Va.

1 Like

I get countered even when I am not rolling. And yes, it happened prior to this update. This is not some magic switch that made people counterpick. They were already doing it regularly…

:muscle::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I prssed H in spawn obviously i deserve T500 Champion 1, im that very good at rock papers scissors

5 Likes

Fr.

Its like i see your zar hate dva mains and raise you.

Orisa
Hog
Ram
Bastion
Phara
Soldier(0w1)
Ana
Zen.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

She’s also extremely easy to play against anyone who DOESN’T counter her too.

Yeah, totally. Counterwatch is a problem for everyone and it needs to be addressed in order to help 5v5.

1 Like

Laughs in D.va being a major contributor to Counterwatch in how she’s able to turn off the game with a single button press for multiple characters
Also, really not the biggest victim of Counterwatch. Zarya’s strength comes from trigger discipline, Sym sucks, and Moira and Mei don’t have high damage outputs on their beams. Doom getting dropped by a Sombra, Mauga getting anti’d by Queen/Ana or Ramattra getting melted by Mauga are far harder counters and far more difficult to outplay.

2 Likes

D.Va’s a serious threat right now. I notice it a lot as a DPS or Healer. Definitely makes me conflicted about her current Overstronk state.

DVa’s secret power:

Making the enemy switch off hitscan, so YOUR hitscan can dominate.

4 Likes