Dva is impossible to play without getting countered

Such a fun hero but my god the second you do anything with her out come all the beams. And now it’s even worse after the tank buffs. Please blizz for the love of all that is good give her something against beams please? She’s the biggest victim of counter watch. Someone really needs to force Aaron to play D.Va for a day and I guarantee the torture of that experience will get a patch out the very next day lol.

15 Likes

The joke is on them, really. They actually picked a beam hero? Ha haaaaa!

1 Like

I know they’re coming. I just say to my self please don’t pick Echo, please don’t pick Echo :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Really this.

If they go beams play keep away dva. Your dps should * make mincemeat of the sym or mei and if it’s zarya well……

Gotta burst her outside her bubble while not giving it energy. Honestly it’s pretty tough.

7 Likes

It’s so annoying but atleast if they go full beam team you can ask one of your DPS to go pharah and they can’t touch her at all lol

8 Likes

It’s crazy how Dva is worse this patch so long as the enemy team picks beams at all.

They really shouldn’t have touched dm and just gave her something at all to mitigate beam damage

6 Likes

Yes remove her weakness to beams so she can be hard meta, such a brilliant idea, surely people will enjoy playing against that.

I love d.va but some of her players have lost it. If they make her have a better time against beams, they need to buff every low mobility character against the 4-second mobility dive tanks and/or make non-beam weapons not get completely negated by DM.

You do not suggest any attempt at a balanced solution, you are just whining to make the character completely busted.

10 Likes

i wish they would like come on they buffed zarya more than they did dva…dva is where i started as she was recommended to me by my aussie friend as she said dva is easier to play compared to others which she was right and shes way better than me

If Dva gets something specially for her, they will also buff the rest of the tanks to deal with counters. Stop asking for more power creep.

2 Likes

Actually they should it’s garbage experience to both without beam she is too strong, with beam she is bad.

Krt them remove the counter and balance overall

1 Like

This would be ideal but as you can see, and from what I’ve seen, the D.va players complaining about playing into beams aren’t asking for the character to actually be balanced out, they’re asking (at least the majority from what i’ve seen of the complainers) for her to just have the weakness to beams removed.

They don’t want D.va balanced, they aren’t looking for compromise. They want her broken when not playing into beams and also broken when playing into beams.

Even OP doesn’t acknowledge her power without beams, they put:

And the vast majority of times this means “When you start terrorizing the lobby or backline with D.va, people counterswap so their backline or entire team can stop being terrorized by D.va.” and these D.va players don’t like being bullied the same way she bullies other characters.

6 Likes

Dude I’d trade the DM buff for her armor to be passively 10% more effective against beams for 40% total.

I don’t think something like that is unreasonable

4 Likes

Her DM going back to how it was when people already hated playing into it and her still being as oppressive against certain characters is not compensation for her also getting stronger against beams.

You did not suggest actual balance, you suggested trading one buff for another that also reduced counterplay. She was already strong without the DM buff against non-beam weapons.

3 Likes

That’s quite literally a perfect trade off.

That is balance. I don’t care about perceptions of people who don’t play Dva.

I never wanted a dm buff that she didn’t need. She’s stronger for having it therefore trading it out for beam reduction is balanced.

4 Likes

i feel like most tanks are like this lol I was playing some rein today and getting counterswapped within 3 fights

thats what happens when one person is made the most important player in the team

2 Likes

It’s quite literally not.

Which is why I didn’t want to say I played d.va since launch and throughout the game and that she’s one of my favorite characters. Some D.va players have lost it and their perception of balance is heavily skewed. You don’t care about people who don’t play D.va but at the same time, the people who play characters she dunks on and has dunked on for the entirety of the game probably don’t care about D.va players especially when they whine about beams.

Thanks for proving my point:

4 Likes

Yeah so I never mentioned you specifically here so nice self insert.

It was in response to this

Also someone who actually plays Dva doesn’t talk like you so forgive me for being skeptical in believing you there.
Dva is fair compared to the other tanks so I have no sympathy for complaints against Dva. She needs beam damage reduction of some kind end of story

3 Likes

In the same way Rein trading his shield buff for passive Lucio speed would be, yeah. It makes him a better character, but he doesn’t actually give up anything in exchange for nullifying one of his biggest weaknesses.

I don’t think a slight damage resistance increase is anywhere near the same level as rein with speed boost.

I get what you’re saying but it’s not at all the same

2 Likes

If she gets buffed against beams then she can subsequently get nerfed against projectiles.

I think people conveniently forget that half her health is armour and that gives a flat damage reduction against beams

But overall tanks having clear strengths and weaknesses is a good thing. The devs have also mentioned that they’re going to nerf CC against tanks so good luck plsyimg against a Ball/Doom with CC being half as effective on them