DPS Moira tweak idea

Solo, on point, with full hp? Not for long.

I like that idea but simply just reducing the AOE damage radius is enough to reduce a lot of player frustration. Maybe making it line up with the enemies hitbox but giving just a tiny bit of leeway like with sym and zarya beams. Also her damage orb needs to be nerfed, I think it should provide anti heal overtime instead of the crazy damage it does right now but that’s just me

That change could seriously damage her kit and force her into a very passive playstyle

1 Like

I don’t see the point in punishing the hero just because a few people use her incorrectly, especially incorrectly in a non-exploitative manner.

3 Likes

Well if you can admit damage orb is overtuned then ya maybe you’re not biased, but with a damage orb nerf I’d like to see her healing increased to 75 HPS cause 80 is too much but 65 was way too harsh

^^^^^^
(this is when they added the Moira fade buff to the PTR, and this was prior to the double shield so at the time I would have preferred healing through shields, but now I don’t agree that her LMB should allow healing through shields after we had double shield meta :P)

^^^^

This is my response to people who say Coalescence takes more skill than RMB

am I still biased now? Or will you continue to think I am biased just because my username is “Moira” and you think just because I play X hero that I want my hero to be the best?

Anyway, I am not biased and I want my hero to be balanced, and this thread goes against that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not punishing the hero. Honestly it shouldn’t even come into play the vast majority of the time.

Anyway, just an idea. Wacky ideas are kind of my thing. If people think it’s terrible, that’s cool :smile:

Exactly, I would be so worried for something like this to be added, we have 2 healers now per match, so if you have a 2nd main healer you can put some extra damage in and your team doesn’t need healing every single moment of the match.

It reminds me of those other suggestions where people want Moira NOT to be able to do damage if her healing meter is full. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If people want Moira to be healing more then improve her healing resource gain. As it stands she has to do more damage now to out put the same levels of healing that she did before her nerf.

I mean, people wanted her to be nerfed into trash tier again and got their wish and are now shocked that Moira players need to go off and do more damage to heal anything like they used to. I completely stopped playing the character after I saw what they did to her with the nerfs because she no longer was able to provide the output I needed to keep my team alive and gave zero utility. Switched to Bap until his nerf and now I’m firmly in the Lucio camp.

1 Like

I could never abandon my queen :nail_care: :sob: It was a rough few weeks to get used to the healing, but I’m over it now.

She has the highest average healing still, does she not? Hardly trash tier. The downside to Moira is that she brings no utility to the team like the other supports (which is why it is OK for her to have the best healing).

Her utility is AOE heals, healing/damage through shields (with Coalescence/Orbs), Survival, providing damage to assist her team with kills.

the devs before even stated that Moira’s utility to her team is survival then they nerfed her survivability like a month later hahaha

1 Like

I like this actually, but its hard for some people to understand the mechanic. I’d rather just see damage drop off from 10-20m. Same pool regen, same healing, same everything but less damage.

1 Like

I have suggested this in the past, albeit having a hero who can’t deal damage at will is kind of harsh.

My suggestion was basically making Moira’s attack be based on her healing bar, if its full she can’t slurp anymore so she needs to get rid of some of it and potentially heal someone even by mistake, I would even like it if a full bar or an empty bar gave some benefits, say:

at full charge Moira’s healing is increased by 20 for 3 seconds after bar starts draining

at empty charge Moira’s damage is increased by 20 for 3 seconds after bar starts filling

When the bar is full or empty Moira can’t use her opposite skill (heal when empty, dmg when full) during 3 seconds, after that the bar starts moving towards the center on its own

I think it’d be a very fun approach to Moira’s concept

This is a FORUM, people come in here to discuss stuff like this, if you are tired of seeing those threads either ignore them or take a break from the forums. The whole point of this place is to converse with people, if you don’t feel like doing so then why are you wasting your time?

Sure but it’s the same DpS MoIrA every single time and DPS Moira isn’t as big of a problem as everyone makes it out to be.

If that was the case Moira wouldn’t be top heals, and that is a fact. If the MAJORITY were DPS Moira’s then her AVG healing would be lower than her damage.

Last time I checked a week ago it was 12.9k heal and 8.8k damage, but that could have changed this past week, but I doubt by much.

Listen people are free to think whatever they want about everything in overwatch, they come here to express those concerns

also, if you see this thread pop up all the time it’s because it IS in fact a general sentiment, it might be right or it may be wrong, however we aren’t the ones tasked with the judgement, that rests on the devs shoulders, now let people have their fun and discuss the hero

I am entitled to give my opinion when it is my hero involved in an unfair thread which will ruin the hero if something like this was implemented. Which is why I replied, but you just want to nitpick at my other comment.

This idea has a lot of problems that would come with it, and essentially guts her just because there are a handful out there who don’t know how to play her properly. This is a major nerf that will ruin the hero.

Think I am biased all you want though.

Unable to deal damage unless you heal is a very terrible mechanic. If it’s added for Moira then EVERY single other support should get such a thing.

it will not ruin anything, the devs have stated infinite times that they don’t balance based on the forum’s opinions, they do take it in account but you being this irritated about a topic won’t dissuade them

you are in fact entitled to your opinion but there is also a place for it, this is a thread about an idea surrounding DPS moira, if you feel like she is not an issue and doesn’t needs anything then create a thread where you can discuss about THAT, in here, we talk about fun ways to make DPS Moira more bearable to play against and more fun to play as

Not systemically, no. I’m not trying to keep Moira as a character from being able to dps in the slightest. This is aimed strictly at those that don’t heal AT ALL. Like have three team members at critical health after a team fight and do nothing to help them.

Trust me, I’m not looking to “gut” her in any way. This would never affect a typical player.

1 Like

This guts the hero. You’re severely punished if your team DOESN’T require healing and the fact we have 2 healers consistently per team now. I don’t see why nobody else can see it from my perspective? how does it NOT punish Moira if her team doesn’t need any healing?