DPS Moira tweak idea

Ok, many of us have had games where it was frustrating to have a Moira doing nothing but DPS (please hear me out). I just had one of those myself and I had an interesting idea.

Moira is all about duality, right? Converting one thing to another. Heal/harm, yin/yang. Here’s my question:

Why does this relationship only go one direction? Why is it only healing that requires doing damage to replenish her resource?

Tl;dr what if Moira doing all damage pushed her resource past “zero” in the opposite direction and she had to do some healing to restore the balance and be able to dps again?

Thoughts?

Just to be clear, this os not an anti-Moira thread. She’s my most played. Feel free to check my profile.

4 Likes

But she’s punished for NOT doing damage y’no? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This isn’t a nerf. She needs to damage a little to sustain healing, why not also have it be the case she needs to heal a little to sustain damage?

1 Like

So you mean her damage has a resource tied to healing?

I think balance druids in WoW had a mechanic like this.

I don’t know if I like this option, especially if it’s a 1:1 ratio.

1 Like

Right now, the resource goes from 0 to max. I’m suggesting it could go from -max to +max. Doing too much of one would require a little of the other to be able to resume.

Been a loong time since I played a Druid, so not sure how that compares

1 Like

Well the issue with it, if your team doesn’t need healing then you’re punished :imp:

If you’re the only one alive on the point and you run out of damage you have nobody to heal, there are so many problems with the idea

4 Likes

When do they ever not need at least a little? I think it would increase the effort to manage her resource a little, but I think it’s rather easy as it stands.

1 Like

I don’t think her dmg should have a resource, because its kind of pitiful atm.

However, to tie into the yin/yang concept, maybe her dmg output is affected by how much she heals.

So her dmg is on a scale. If her healing resource is near empty, she will do more dmg. Once her healing juice is full, her dmg is pitiful.

2 Likes

one hand gives (her healing)
and one hand takes (her damage)

she already does it, anyone who doesn’t heal is stuck in like silver anyway :nail_care:

2 Likes

Meh, I’m just having a discussion on possible changes. I don’t know how much impact, if any, it would have on the game.

Honestly, I think Moira is fine as is.

I like this idea a lot, i dont think its needed but would be interesting to see if it changes anything on how the character is viewed and to see what her role in the game would be then.

Id need some numbers to be fully on board but its a very interesting concept, or atleast one to be built upon.

Not all of us play comp.

You could set it up so healing yourself with orb also counted.

That also works thematically, but I think that might make the requirement to be halved too intensive. I’m not really looking to make doing damage any more difficult than healing is now.

This was just something that struck me as I endeavored to heal my entire team in QP.

What if you’re full HP? You really don’t understand how much this could ruin her do you?

1 Like

Her healing nerf didn’t address the issue of her damage orb and biotic grasp being OP, you’re clearly biased so I wouldn’t expect you to agree but her damage output is too high

Unfortunately I think this would take way to much brain power and you’d never see Moira get picked again

I am not biased at all actually, I am one of the fairest Moira players on these forums :slight_smile:

let me get a few threads I’ve made in the past to prove I am not biased about Moira brb

Solo, on point, with full hp? Not for long.

I like that idea but simply just reducing the AOE damage radius is enough to reduce a lot of player frustration. Maybe making it line up with the enemies hitbox but giving just a tiny bit of leeway like with sym and zarya beams. Also her damage orb needs to be nerfed, I think it should provide anti heal overtime instead of the crazy damage it does right now but that’s just me

That change could seriously damage her kit and force her into a very passive playstyle

1 Like

I don’t see the point in punishing the hero just because a few people use her incorrectly, especially incorrectly in a non-exploitative manner.

3 Likes