Possible solution to reduce DPS Moiras

I came across this post a few minutes ago OG Post and my friends and I were discussing what they could do to stop the DPS Moiras that don’t really prioritize healing or balance DPS/Healing correctly and this could make her a harder character.
They should do what Destiny 1 did to the Touch Of Malice where if you shoot too long it starts to take health away from you at slow ticks. They should have it where if she is DPSing with low health then its ok, but as soon as she sucks for 5-6 seconds after full health then it should start taking away health, then she either has to wait 3 seconds to suck again so she can regain health or throw a healing orb (if we are just looking at getting health back from her kit).
Touch Of Malice

1 Like

That’s weird though, because doing damage heals her.

4 Likes

yes i know. She can heal herself while sucking UNTIL she reaches full health and if she is still sucking with full health after 5-6 seconds it deals damage. So she has to wait 3 seconds to start sucking again to she can regain health without damaging herself.

not a bad idea, but you forget the resource meter on healing juice. you take 7 to 8 secs to regenerate all your healing juice, so you will be taking damage for that.

2 Likes

Or we could not do anything because it isn’t a huge problem like people want to say it is. Also have to factor in other situations where this wouldn’t be helpful at all, not even to her team.

7 Likes

Imagine being at full health and out of healing juice. This change could still work but the bug that lets her quickly fill up her meter by tapping right click would have to become a feature.

yeah, that’s a terrible idea. thank you.

4 Likes

yeah true, but im sure there would be someway to tweak it. Just a thought that’s all

What if they added a tank for DPS leech;

Low on heals then DPS.
Low on DPS then heal.

There is an automatic balance and limited on each and yet through this we could probably still maintain her current optimum efficiency.

Not this again.

1 Like

They want to stop Moira from doing damage unless she is healing.

they made a WHOLE workshop and she ONLY damages for 25 unless she heals and then the damage LASTS for like a few seconds before dropping down to 25 again.

Sym turrets on console does 30 damage! But they want Moira to do 25 damage on PC.

Do not support the gutting of Moira, they want her to be rendered useless! No hero should be doing 25 damage per second. It should NOT take 8 seconds for a hero to kill 1 person. Overwatch is a fast paced game and 8 seconds is absurd.

If Moira gets this.

Then Baptiste and Ana and every other healer should get it too :wink: give it to all healers make them only be able to do 25 damage unless they do x amount of healing first.

Anyone who supports this just wants Moira to be useless and be deleted from the game basically.

2EPVK - The code for anyone who doesn’t believe me :slight_smile:

The OP of the OG thread claims to be a Moira main, but it’s just an alternate account with a total of 7 hours in Moira.

2 Likes

Makes no sense …

funny how you STILL post this like 10+ minutes after I delete it, how ignorant can you be?

I clearly deleted it for a reason as I obviously regret my statement, yet you still have to bring it up?

Yup, issues …

No, not issues, i just felt what I said was dumb.

There are people who honestly believe that the entire support cast should not be able to deal damage. That when they lose it’s because everyone else weren’t doing their jobs.

Moira is an easy target for them because before she existed I’m guessing a lot of them played Tracer and Genji and carried games because neither hero had real counters at the time which makes Moira a double-target for them.

First, if she can’t deal damage they get their no-counter heroes back and…

second, they blame everyone else for their failures and they already hate moira so…

Please remove it, I deleted my comment for a reason and I’d appreciate if you didn’t quote it 10 minutes after it was removed.

If I had issues I would never have regret my statement and deleted it, I think it’s not very nice to harass someone over a comment they deleted.

Any healer can go DPS and ignore their healing duties. I don’t know why Moira gets so much heat.

Well, you do have issues … but because you asked nicely … I’ll remove the quote …

Nerf her dmg output so it would be useless to dps. Or maybe have her lose health if she abuses it