Doomfist feels fine to me

Yes, that is literally my point. An ult with no risk is less powerful than ones with risk, which is how it should be.

He gets i-frames for half of that, and max overheal for doing at least 1 damage to 2 enemies, and likely has cooldowns available.

At least you’re admitting it.

1 Like

Everyone is explaining you the same over and over and I’m the one failing to understand? LOL Now Freud is looking at you…and he is seeing you and understanding you as you are!!!

Freud could say that Doom is your father!!! hahahaha

really, I do understand in low elos he could punish healers but that’s not the reality of the game. You need to get out of that ELO or stop playing QP. You will discover a whole new game!

2 Likes

Yes, and like I said, 90% of the time that didn’t work against a Doomfist that didn’t install the game yesterday. The ring was too big to “juke” if the Doomfist had even the slightest sense of prediction, and he could just land right on the corner if you tried to bait it behind cover.

Like I said, if they rework the ult to have risk and direct counterplay, then it could be more powerful. But the way it works now, it shouldn’t be very lethal on its own.

1 Like

Come back when you have an actual argument instead of trying to project your rank insecurity on me.

1 Like

Ult used to do 300 inner ring, 300 edge of inner ring, bleed out to 0 outside of ring.

Currently, Meteor strike is meant to do 300 inner ring, 200 outside edge of the inner ring, bleeding out to 0 damage at the edge of the ring.

Dva has exactly 1 bar of HP = 25 HP, remaining. 150 - 25 = 125 damage. Ergo, Doom ult is doing 125 damage on what can arguably be called “the edge of the inner ring”. Little bit of ramp argument, sure, but that’s nowhere near say, middle of outer ring, or edge of outer ring, yeah? But it did 125 and not closer to 200.

The DVA should be dead for taking near outer ring damage - near 200 damage, but she’s not, because bugs. They shrank the inner ring instead of growing it.

Because bugs.

2 Likes

It literally does.

Oh yeah because it has nothing to do with trying to land where the enemy is. Definitely it’s because you thought that landing somewhere completely open would have the most value. For sure. Do you understand how like ANY part of the game works?

You mean an ult that already wasn’t offensively powerful as far as ults go and was only actually useful on a small handful of characters (who it’s not even useful on anymore after the nerf) that also gave the enemy a huge window of vulnerability to get a trade for whatever single pick you may have secured with it?

Yeah. Really just has no downsides at all. /s

Oh you mean that inner circle that literally any character in the game can walk out of in the time it takes him to land? Yeah. You have NO CLUE what balance is.

Also.

Oh so a hero so deeply bugged that his abilities don’t even work on common map elements should obviously have nerfs as their first priority? Clearly it’s too powerful for his kit not to work half the time.

You are a living meme.

Except it’s not “less powerful” now, it’s completely useless. It has 0 offensive capablity.

And if you’re playing with any kind of focus at all it should be a piece of cake to kill him. Otherwise I have to deeply question what level of mechanical skill you actually possess, in which case, you’re really not a good judge to be talking about what’s balanced and what isn’t.

Legendary.

2 Likes

Yeah. Anyone with experience on Doomfist knows to expect those sorts of bugs and adapts - or even gets value out of them. It’s part of why he’s fun. E.g. the punch cancel jump is another terrain bug that they’ve also left in on purpose. They’ve also added a new bug with uppercut that makes it stronger but people conveniently forget about that one.

It literally does not.

You can land where the enemy is without landing in a terrible spot and standing there to let them kill you.

Again, that’s how it should be. It has no risk, it shouldn’t be offensively powerful, and it certainly shouldn’t be a completely free kill on anyone.

Again, he’s literally invulnerable for half of the “huge window of vulnerability”, leaving him only “vulnerable” with his 150 overshields for about a quarter of a second before he can start using his abilities he had time to let come off cooldown while he was flying around the map completely invulnerable.

It can still get kills, it just requires more setup. Again, if you want it to be more powerful, it needs to be given more risk.

Not really, since again, he has i-frames for half of it and gets a ton of overshields. And there’s not really all that much indication of when the i-frames are over, so if you use an ability too early it’s wasted, and if you use it too late then whatever small amount of “vulnerability” he had is now irrelevant.

1 Like

Dva bomb has counter play.
It’s a strong ultimate don’t get me wrong, but meteor strike one shots from invulnerability.

You have no arguments I’m just trolling with you as much as you are doing with all of us.

Has no sense to present any argument to somebody who just think a hero must be deleted. You dont want any balance, you just want him deleted. It’s almost done until the next buff. But it’s a lost of time to talk with you.

I’ve presented you with plenty of arguments, and every time you have nothing to counter with you resort to ad hominem. So again, come back when you have a real argument.

2 Likes

the only argument you have is I can’t kill him while he is ulting. That’s no argument, that’s an evidence anybody could watch. But you are not:

• considering contexts
  • what happen after he lands
  • how easy is not been in the deadly circle (only ana and zen)
  • considering other counter ults because is a waste of “resources”
  • Considering other ults are slower to charge compared to doomfist

Nothing can’t stop him. But he was never been use in no pro tournament until goats as much as he is good against tanks.

Doomfist is God for you. Impossible to beat. The God hero. And also you can teach Chipsa how to play. That was really funny indeed. You are tilted or very low elo or trolling all of us. That’s my conclusion of our discusion. Saying I can’t kill him when he is ulting is not an argument.

The funny thing is the ult is bugged. I think it’s not working as it should. Because the circle is smaller when it was buffed and should be bigger, then more deadly in fact.

2 Likes

What “contexts”? There is no context in which his ult has any more risk.

He gets i-frames and overshields.

Before the nerf, only if you had invulnerability or mobility.

As I’ve asked you multiple times and you still have yet to answer, why should an ult with 0 risk require the same amount of resources to counter as ones with risk?

I’m not sure you realize that’s a point in my favor.

Again, resorting to ad hominem because you have no argument.

1 Like

I’m testing doom ult for science.

0 - 2 meters = Target dead at 200 hp (300 dealt)
2 - 2.5 meters = 150 damage
2.5 - 3 meters = 132.5 damage
3 - 3.5 meters = 125 damage
3.5 - 4 meters = 112.5 damage
4.5 - 5 meters = 100 damage
5 - 5.5 meters = 87.5 damage
5.5 - 6 meters = 75 damage
6 - 6.5 meters = 62.5 damage
6.5 - 7 meters = 50 damage
7-7.5 meters = 32.5 damage
7.5-8 meters = 25 damage

I based this off taking images from aerial mode during my ult and measuring 1 meter via the yellow meter boards in the training range. (screenshotting and measuring where to stand by the pixels for exacts)

Doomfist ult inner ring = 300
Doomfist Ult start of outer ring = 150
Doomfist ult .5 meters outside of outer ring = 25

Doomfist inner ring appears to be 2 meters as intended. However, damage breaks to 150 damage instead of 200, not as intended. Additonally, the outer ring appears to be .5 larger than the icon.

I also tested escaping the ring.
Bots at 50% movement speed made it to the edge of the inner ring when activated on their heads and they were in full movement. They die to the 300 damage.

Bots and training robots with 100% movement speed made it to the 100 damage mark - 4.5 to 5 meters away from center, if the mark was put on their heads and they were at full movement.

Currently, you split 150 - 25 into 12 equal parts. You are supposed to be splitting 200 - 0 into 11 equal parts.
Instead of: 150 132.5 125 112.5 100…
It should be: 200 182 164. 146 128…

In summation: Players in the outer ring are taking 25% less than intended damage at the start and progressively more accurate damage near the end of the outer ring.

If a player runs full tilt from the center of the ring upon activation, they can make it to 100 damage, if fixed, 128 damage. Basically, any damage over 100 a Doomfist does is the reward for predicting you.

Suprisingly, the inner ring isn’t bugged from what I can see, despite that being a current hot topic. The outer ring, however, is poops. Gonna go post in the bug section.

1 Like

I dont have time enogh to tell each thing 20 times. Sorry. I do preffer to talk to someone who really want to discuss instead of talk with her self.

that argument of:
“As I’ve asked you multiple times and you still have yet to answer, why should an ult with 0 risk require the same amount of resources to counter as ones with risk?”

I answered it 5 times. The chance of reflect hanzo is so low that it can’t be considered as a real counter chance. It’s way easier for ana/zen just to cheat doomfist and get out of the inner ring than counter that hanzo dragon for genji/dva. It’s a very reasonable thought but you are not interested in discuss.

It’s a zero risk ult but one of the best Doomfist the game has dieds to a zen, quiet easy, and your conclusion is to teach him how to play the hero. My conclusion to that is when you miss doomfist ult you can died very easy. It happend to me lot of times and it happen to brandito/chipsa lot of times.

There is no need to explain all of this once and again if you dont want to discuss. The “zero risk” is the only thing you are reapting all the time. You can kill doomfist while he is casting. Half a second? may be. But you have that chance. It’s not reasonable to ask to kill doomfist while he is casting as much as it is to deflect the dragon. As I said, you dont want to balance the hero. The hero is cancer for you and you preffer him to be deleted. That’s ok but oyu never said that. I totally understand THAT position because the hero is cancerous as much as other ones in the game. Your position is not about that but about balaces that are not true about him.

Edit: i did engange again in the discussion but It will be the last if you dont take it seriously.

Yes, it can. It’s not based on some arbitrary random chance of happening, it’s based on whether you do it or not. You can’t just decide that it doesn’t count as counterplay because you personally are unable to do it.

It is now, because meteor strike has no risk and no way of being directly stopped. Again, if you want it to be more powerful, it needs more risk.

Because he landed out in the open without checking his surroundings and then stood there long enough for Zen to launch a volley at him. That was simply poor play on his part.

No, you can’t. He gets instant i-frames as soon as he presses Q.

You keep saying I’m the one not taking discussion seriously, but you’re the one that keeps resorting to ad hominem and trying to argue strawmen that you make up instead of arguing my actual points.

Same story in my comp games.

Then is a terrible hanzo. That NEVER should happen. Hanzo is not like the junk wheel, not even as genji’s ult. He never should be punished in that way. If it does, it’s really a poor play (same you said about chipsa). So it’s not a real argument to say you can counter him. It’s a BIG mistake of that hanzo.

Was always way easier to be safe of doom’s ult than block a hanzo ult. I’ve lost lot of ults trying to kill an ana/zen and been cheated by them. Same chipsa and brandito. You can watch LOT of videos of doom’s ult that never kill no one, literally and I’ve seen may be two dragons eaten by Dva o r reflected by hanzo!

And if you have a lucio then its almost impossible to catch a zen or ana with the speed. So it’s not true its a sure death. You can even counter it just cheating and been faster than doom.

Hanzo doesn’t have to play poorly to have it eaten. D.va/Genji can simply outplay him. Playing well makes it less likely, but Hanzo doesn’t have to make a mistake for an enemy to block it.

And there are more ways to avoid a dragonstrike than blocking it directly, although that is also a very real possibility.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingOilyDillFunRun

This is about Doomfist before his nerfs

1 Like