Dont expect high hopes for 6v6

Lies require intent. I think Jeff failed to keep promises (in fact I think he was terrible at delivering on his promises) but I don’t think he lied.

There’s a difference, but you seem like you’re probably either too young or too unintelligent to know the difference.

Are you sure they were promises? Even if not, my real life experience is everything is subject to change. People should learn this stuff as a kid when their parents make some promise and can’t deliver on it. Stuff happens in life you can’t control and so any promise is worthless.

This is simply reality that we all make plans in life and many times they have to change course.

1 Like

Absolutely this. Calling unfulfilled or broken promises “lies” is just kinda childish.

Things changed and it sucks. But it doesn’t mean people were lying when they originally said they were planning for particular things to happen.

I definitely find it interesting that so many players think 6v6 is some magical save for the game, or that the game is “failing because 5v5”

It takes time for them to work out a way to talk about it without saying “queue times” even once! We all know that, against what they tell us, queue times were a major factor in the choice to go 5v5. They deny this, but with this director’s take they will actually have to write down reasons.

They kind of dug a hole saying it’s not queue times and now they need to build the ladder to get out of it.

It could be that you get nothing out of it. No exp, no credit toward BP. So why would players play other than nostalgia?

And thats why OW 1 was GOTY while OW 2 is a meme , a joke, and overwhelmingly negative reviews at steam and 1.4 score on metacritic

5 Likes

OW1 being game of the year was a meme. It was cited as the reason you cant trust the “corporate” award ceremonies. Also 5v5 is supposedly so hated but whenever its polled the majority always choose it. Seems weird to me.

This is a false narrative; a dev literally tweeted last week that it was ‘for gameplay reasons’ and not because of queue times.

Edit: never mind, Apotzen already gave you the tweet and you twisted its meaning while also moving the goalpost. Lmao.

1 Like

I implore you to try bringing up the discussion in games at random. Every time the topic has come up in any of my games, (and no, not by me necessarily) everyone has agreed that 5v5 is awful lol

3 Likes

Haha fr, most of the time is the tank also hating on 5v5, yesterday even a guy on dps said he was tank main in OW 1 and no longer does because of 5v5

1 Like

The problem with the community. Hmm, well, I suppose you of all people would know, Official Overwatch Forum Referee, as you are here 24/7 actively monitoring these forums trying to set some guiness world record for weighing in on any and all activity.

Strawman? Are we using the same regional vocabulary here? I have listened to Jake ad nauseum spew non-sense diagnosing ‘why I am wrong’ for enjoying Overwatch 1 with two tanks for five plus years. I’ve also listened to almighty Aaron, Jaryd Nuess and co. tell me that I’m nostalgic, and why I’m also wrong the game I cannot stomach is in the best place it has ever been, “just needs a little more time” to fine-tune the PVP experience for tanks."

You are delusional. OW2 has been evaporating since launch and has never been less relevant. Your solution is the same one you offer in varying shades every hour, on the hour. Shield Blizzard, don’t trust your lying eyes, oh gods be good to Team 4 for heaven’s sake.

It’s a beautiful day outside.

3 Likes

I think the following statement:

Aaron: "Not going to lie. I’m apprehensive this is going to cause people to go after each other, even more, over their preferred version of the game.

Open-minded dialogue over dogma."

Means that we are getting a 2-2-2 trial period and whatever the outcome is determines which way the devs will go, hence why he said “I’m apprehensive this is going to cause people to go after each other, even more, over their preferred version of the game.”

If the dev blog is just about how 6v6 will never come back and here’s why, then I don’t see how that would cause “people to go after each other, even more”, when it would cause all the 6v6 people to uninstall and leave forever, not debate with 5v5er’s more.

2 Likes

If the the version GreyFalcon keeps spamming on the forums, then it might actually work.

I’ll do ya one better: they will talk a lot, but they aren’t going to say anything.

The community is basically split in half, everyone knows that. If Blizzard says “6v6 is never coming back”, this will cost them a lot of players. But at the same time, they are very willing to stay in this garbage format.

The result? We won’t get a definitive answer.

His reference to Jake was a joke because homie rants as much as you do. A-aron never stated anything about Jake’s opinion outside of how long his tweets were and how this blog update was going to be even longer.

Yep. Jared Neuss implied we were on drugs and had to delete that tweet. I am aware. It’s unprofessional, but no worse than anything Jeff Kaplan did.

I will give you that. As far as I can tell, the game is doing extremely well. Perhaps it is delusion that I am experiencing.

Unless you literally work outside, I am willing to bet that I go outside more than you. Keep crying on an Internet forum if it makes you feel better about yourself. That’s none of my business, but if you are concerned that I am not getting enough sunshine, that’s one thing you can remove from your list.

To be clear, since you weirdos are completely us versus them, I have criticized Blizzard more than anyone here. Just because I am having fun rolling you kids in the game does not mean I am a Blizzard shill. Keep your criticism relevant and I will find it hard to disagree. I do not even like Jake. He should have never been given a platform with Blizzard after telling someone to kill themselves. He is more cringe than either of us could hope to achieve even if we combined our powers. It is just that A-aron never implied everyone’s experience was Jake’s. It. Was. A. Lighthearted. Joke.

Well yeah Aaron is a clown. Why would anyone expect 6v6, we may as well make the most out of 5v5.

1 Like

Honestly that’s a fair point.

That is far worse than anything Jeff ever did tbf, but idk why we’d be comparing them anyway.

2 Likes

he mentioned a 5vs5 professional shiller on his stupid tweet saying he needs more time to make an excuse of why 6vs6 cant come back, is done, is over, game is death forever, is like he is asking his persmission to steal an argument

I am just saying it is nothing new from Blizzard leadership and vilifying him over it specifically because you do not like him is lame. If people did the same with Jeff Kaplan, I would not say anything, but they let it slide because they liked him. They always pretend they want constructive discourse, but really? It’s just an excuse to complain. I get it. I love complaining.

1 Like