Dont expect high hopes for 6v6

It’s pretty funny that we’re told to have an open mind about our game being stolen from us and to be okay with the inferior format. Then be okay with PVE being lied about and the 2 being just a shop update

Haven’t that been the case all the time?
All we hear is excuses of why they won’t do something.

1 Like

There is no real justification for 6v6 not returning because they can just turn OW1 servers back on if for some reason it can’t work in OW2.

You know, the game we paid for.

Or feature the workshop mode.

2 Likes

My guess is that they don’t want to bother porting and transferring the heroes and skin to the older version.

The game would be just fine without Mauga and Suzu I expect.

Yeah, I would be fine just fine without any of the new heroes.
In fact, I am fine without half of the OW1 heroes as well (especially the newer ones)

It actually hasn’t because Blizzard has basically refused to talk about it

But they need to, and they need to be clear. I’d rather them just come out and clearly say “no” than say nothing, even if it’s not the answer I want. The worst case for this blog is something non-committal & non-decisive

1 Like

Honestly, i think 99% of the community don’t care.

Its just a very vocal minority that cares.

This is it for me. I’d rather the game actually properly facilitate those games rather than try to create them on my own.

Ah yes, a job that “develops and maintains game server code with emphasis on stability, performance, and scalability.” That certainly would have no use in understanding the switch to 5v5 and the stability/performance therein would it?

:thinking: why are people like this lol

1 Like

That seems about right.
They also seems to be backing off immediately after they have confirmed something.

The stability and performance consequences of… removing two players from the game? Something which you could already do using the workshop in Overwatch 1?

Come on dude.

You’d have a point if he was talking about adding a player to each team. But he isn’t.

You people are grasping at straws and it shows.

Seems more like you are. They can’t sell another game if it’s not different enough. OW2 was purely for gameplay reasons and a cash grab while queue times were a coincidence.
You’re sitting here discrediting someone based on their job title to fit your narrative and I’m grasping at straws.
They’re at Blizzard HQ, you are not. Correct me if I am wrong though.

They aren’t selling another game. It’s free. What are you talking about?

They sold the experience as a new game, a sequel, by removing content.
I know it’s f2p. Don’t gotta take it so literally.
They resold OW1 skins at a markup.

Here’s the easiest, most obvious one:

Emphasis mine. I really don’t know how it could be any less ambiguous.

We had the literal game director on this forum back in 2020 telling us “Hey, we’re testing single-Tank formats to try and address the problems of DPS queue times” and you’re trying to tell me that this wasn’t the case? Just because one guy who doesn’t work on game balance or hero design, but happens to work in the building said otherwise?

Quit the revisionist history crap.

Now sit down, shut up and accept that you don’t have a single clue what in the world you’re actually talking about. Stop wasting my time by literally making things up to suit some narrative some know-nothing Youtuber shoved down your throat.

Go take a shower now. It’s not a narrative if a Dev themselves said it.
Also it’s not like Jeff would ever lie to us right?

That the best you’ve got kiddo? Mediocre at best. Go simp in Samito’s chat some more. I’m sure he thinks of you often.

Ever consider that random-twitter-guy-who-doesn’t-work-on-balance might just be wrong? Or is that impossible because he said something you wanted to hear?

Note: I’m not saying that he’s lying, because he probably isn’t. But he is almost certainly mistaken - or at least talking about the transition from 1-3-2 to 1-2-2.

Yes I did. Ever consider Jeff could lie to sell a sequel experience?